Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The effect of altcoin on bitcoin?  (Read 678 times)
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:04:10 AM

Alternative currencies have effect of bitcoins price. Bitcoins price increase or decrease is related to how altcoins behave, the more people are into altcoins their bitcoins are converted to altcoins, this,in effect bring the price of bitcoin down. The same way to when more people are into bitcoins, interest in altcoins decreases.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
onurgozupek

Activity: 1288
Merit: 592

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 07:08:53 AM

The easiest way to get big income from crypto currencies is to own an altcoin when it's in the dip and that's why each day we see a new  altcoin is being published either by ICO or by some entrepreneurs. Buying and selling altcoins (day trading) volume, income and increase marketcap...
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:16:26 AM

Well, the other coins have grown over the years in terms of volume and market cap and this is the time when we should stop calling it altcoins. Every coin has its own philosophy and that's how it works. Bitcoin came up with the solution to the issue of the slower dependent transaction process, ETH came up with the smart contract feature to facilitate digital agreements and I don't think any other coin can affect the Bitcoin and vice versa.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:01:25 AM

Well, the other coins have grown over the years in terms of volume and market cap and this is the time when we should stop calling it altcoins. Every coin has its own philosophy and that's how it works. Bitcoin came up with the solution to the issue of the slower dependent transaction process, ETH came up with the smart contract feature to facilitate digital agreements and I don't think any other coin can affect the Bitcoin and vice versa.
This is not to say that altcoin investment is bad. Each investor needs to evaluate their own risk vs. reward ratio and decide whether that’s a good fit for their goals. What is clear is that altcoins are actually not a great hedge against Bitcoin.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:07:15 AM

Their are so many ICO are coming and to invest in them the users have to purchase ETH or BTC to invest it so this way the bitcoin and other big altcoin price are traded and when this coin are getting listed they are traded against the bitcoin or eth. So I think altcoin is having effect on bitcoin. As more trading and investing in altcoin will make users to buy more bitcoin which will boost the price of bitcoin.

shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:20:17 AM

Their are so many ICO are coming and to invest in them the users have to purchase ETH or BTC to invest it so this way the bitcoin and other big altcoin price are traded and when this coin are getting listed they are traded against the bitcoin or eth. So I think altcoin is having effect on bitcoin. As more trading and investing in altcoin will make users to buy more bitcoin which will boost the price of bitcoin.

Ico's have their own coins or tokens which means you do not necesisarily need to purchase btc or eth in order to invest or participate on them. You just need to directly purchase the coin via usd or any other payment method such as credit/debit cards , paypal , payza , etc. Thats why i dont think that alts have an effect to the value of btc.

Bitcoin maybe have an effect on altcoin because whenever the btc price fluctuates , the value of altcoin usually follows its movement.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:09:23 AM

Most altcoins have no impact on Bitcoin because they don't provide anything new. There are many altcoins which introduced something new, but the technology was not implemented in Bitcoin and it didn't succeed. Why? Because Bitcoin which is the most popular cryptocurrency needs to be stable. We can't afford any critical bugs in the code because it would discourage investors and people from using something that was supposed to replace fiat and online banking. Governments and banksters would be delighted if that happened.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
vivekyuvan

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:19:35 AM

Apparently what is happening right now is a lot of people are dumping there alt coins in order to buy BTC and be there when the hard fork happens and gain some of that Bitcoin Gold. If this is so, after the hard fork BTC should see a slump in price and people will probably start investing in the different alt coins.

Steem is the one I see that is having the most ups and downs, but always within the same range, better said it is practically stagnant, if a lot of people are powering down I am afraid we will see Steem go down in price for a good while, or at best stay at where it is right now.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:54:02 AM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.
What is the effect of increasing the amount of altcoin on bitcoin?

The advantages with many altcoin in market is we have different choice to invest on cryptomarket. Many altcoin is utility token and many like bitcoin as cryptocurrency. Some altcoin have working product and some fail with their project. The most important think before we investing our money in altcoin is we doing some research to minimizing our risk

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
FeatherFan

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:02:11 PM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.
my opinion the effect on bitcoin is absent, even altcoin which depends on the bitcoin value. because bitcoin is a large community, so bitcoin greatly affects altcoin in both price and market movements. and vice versa altcoin can not affect bitcoin in both price and market movements.
jhoothmain

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:05:49 PM

Due to increasing demand of alt coins the popularity of bitcoins is decreasing. Now the market cap is being shared .
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:35:14 PM

the effect of altcoin existence for bitcoin is it is creating more diversity for cryptocurrency investors.
now peoples not only can buy bitcoin, but we can buy many good alternate crypto other than bitcoin too.
it is like opening the opportunity to investing on crypto for us.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:44:44 PM

Altcoins are made after seeing the popularity of Bitcoin in the economic society. Altcoin are mainly introduced to correct the mistake of Bitcoin and giving more advantage then Bitcoin. Altcoin somehow slowing the progress of Bitcoin in the virtual currency society. Bitcoin is accepted in many country in comparison to other crypto currency and Bitcoin  is more trusted and recommend cryptocurrency too. Litecoin is best then Bitcoin in the matter of money transaction because it clear more transaction in a day in comparison to Bitcoin. In the case of long term investment ethereum ia best then Bitcoin. So there are some effect of altcoin on Bitcoin.
vqscyxuo

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:46:31 PM

Altcoin coins may slowly snatch the market share of bitcoin, but I think that as the community's influence expands, more altcoin will push the community forward.
careCentre

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

Bitcoin is the center of the cryptocurrency economy in many ways, and with Bitcoin trading pairs on every exchange, the gravity of Bitcoin is hard to escape. This only becomes truer has people start to take gains or cut losses from altcoins to buy Bitcoin when it goes on a run, and tend to go to altcoins when Bitcoin stagnates or drops. People trade in altcoins as an alternative way to later convert them into bitcoin..
Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:57:11 PM

These moments are very sharp and plentiful, but also a lot of coins are scammed and that can ruin the good name of bitcoin, and I think there is an altcoin emerging very good today for bitcoin in the future with crypto exchange.
I think though altcoin looks very nice, but it's still hard to manipulate bitcoin in the market and when investing despite the crypto exchange. we need to eradicate coin other coin manipulations like bitcoin so we as bitcoin users should be more careful so we will not be fooled by other coins.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:34:06 PM

I think bitcoin effect to the altcoins but altcoin not effect to the bitcoin yes it is true some investors are using altcoin to increasing bitcoin and it is great opportunity to increase bitcoin by using other altcoins,
Cj29

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:54:01 PM

As far as i know bitcoin affect altcoin when bitcoin fall price. Because when it happen altcoin will also fall price just like bitcoin. But not all but mostly
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:00:53 PM

You are very right on this, which is what I often advise my friends. Chasing Bitcoin is difficult but when you chase altcoins then you are certain of gainnibg more Bitcoin in no time.

Bonheur

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:07:14 PM

İn the long run strong alts can damage bitcoins reputation but for now they are just things which some of them are obviously worthless, people trade in order to increase their bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: