Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:03:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The effect of altcoin on bitcoin?  (Read 678 times)
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:28:34 PM

Well, the other coins have grown over the years in terms of volume and market cap and this is the time when we should stop calling it altcoins. Every coin has its own philosophy and that's how it works. Bitcoin came up with the solution to the issue of the slower dependent transaction process, ETH came up with the smart contract feature to facilitate digital agreements and I don't think any other coin can affect the Bitcoin and vice versa.
This is not to say that altcoin investment is bad. Each investor needs to evaluate their own risk vs. reward ratio and decide whether that’s a good fit for their goals. What is clear is that altcoins are actually not a great hedge against Bitcoin.
Yes that is very right to say that altcoins are bad, there are a lot of altcoins which have very good potential and in future we can expect that they will have very good future, therefore i think that we should try to invest some money in altcoin. Which can in fact give us a very good profit.
Luminous-Nova

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:39:06 PM

I think bitcoin is kind of a mother coin for all of them, if u buy altcoin maybe can be rich faster than you buy bitcoin, but i think in future bitcoin price will be go so higher and then ALTcoin is behind the bitcoin Smiley
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:42:02 PM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.
What is the effect of increasing the amount of altcoin on bitcoin?

A big one.
Instead of people just buying one crypto currency they have now this option to select which is the better one. Somehow it also slows down the truth that it will only be bitcoin that will stay for a long time and also the most valuable.
We will see more about it in the future. It will really shock the world wide web. I believe that.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:44:44 PM

Its true that most people buy altcoins and find it as a way to increase their bitcoin holdings.If the number of altcoins increases,definitely it would increase the bitcoin usage.

xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:09:53 PM

bitcoin is the mother of all coin sure its old and other altcoins are the ones superseded bitcoin the ones who are better than bitcoin the upgraded version so I do think that soon it will affect the performance of bitcoin because the demand will be high people will look forward to something better much faster and more features that can be broader than what bitcoin can offer.
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:12:00 PM

Altcoins effect of bitcoins is seen in the behaviour of bitcoin price direction. The more people get into altcoins and ICOs, the more money is shift from bitcoins into these areas. This effect is a reason that bitcoin cant go further in price increase.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:15:37 AM

Yeah most people now are investing in alt coin because they can get more profit and it's easier to be pumped to make profit, the alt coin trade against Bitcoin is very important it will increase the transaction volume, and that can cause the price to fluctuate and when it's fluctuate the traders can trade it and make some profit, so all of crypto are connected and alt coins are important element for bitcoin to grow

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Stanley Valenzuela

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:41:08 AM

I believe that there will not be any Altcoin that can replace Bitcoin. Altcoin prices always depend on King coin is BTC. You can trade Altcoin to create more BTC in your account.
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:53:39 AM

we know that the price of altcoin is more good than bitcoin, the price move is fast and i think it will good for investor to invest in this coin, but as we know that it will risky if we invest all of money on altcoin, because maybe the price of altcoin dropping fast. which is we will ,lost our money fast too, so altcoin has the advantages and disadvantages

MaidaKalani

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:19:14 AM

Almost all altcoins have different functions and advantages over bitcoin, which is used as their primary weapon to attract people to invest in it. However, to note, bitcoin also has a team capable of mnegadaptasikan new features, which of course features that really useful. Because out there, there are no proven and widely used altcoin features in large quantities on day-to-day transactions. Indeed, some true altcoins have advantages with different algorithms as well as better block time (transaction speed) speeds as well.
The highest bitcoin excess rate is on the largest Company Network and proven security system. It is impossible to defeat by altcoins.
Bitcoin has proven a usability case as a storage value (data). some altcoins have tried to follow in the footsteps by applying to smaller scales such as market predictions, or anonymous transactions. Bitcoin led this for 8 years since it was created until now without system failure.
When altcoin is created, the altcoin is not only competent with the breadth of bitcoin users, development team, and mining systems, but also with large ecosystem startups, open sourcenya projects and bitcoin entrepreneurs.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:02:43 AM

we know that the price of altcoin is more good than bitcoin, the price move is fast and i think it will good for investor to invest in this coin, but as we know that it will risky if we invest all of money on altcoin, because maybe the price of altcoin dropping fast. which is we will ,lost our money fast too, so altcoin has the advantages and disadvantages

How good is the price of any altcoin compared to bitcoin? I think you need to elaborate on this. Bitcoin has always dictated the pace in terms of cryptocurrenciy pricing and it seems the altcoins fall with the fall of bitcoin and just a few appreciates whenever bitcoin is appreciating so i don't think they have any major effect on bitcoin apart from these scenarios i have observed personally
solopay669

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:29:36 AM

bitcoin is the main basis of all that exists in the market of crypto-currencies, I think that the fate of all coins will depend on its condition!
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:40:12 AM

The quickest it in crease in price, the fastest it also dump. That is commonly happen to some altcoins,not unlike with bitcoin. We know its not getting wise to invest our belongings in here but we also consider that, the more risk the more we have possible in returns.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 11:44:15 AM

Other altcoins will compete for bitcoin, and the effect is the bitcoin selling power will be small, as many people invest in altcoin rather than bitcoin.

let alone today we see bitcoin has lost many users, because of bad service such as expensive and long transaction time. and it keeps some users go away from bitcoin.

then also banks are more interested in Ripple than bitcoin.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:46:22 AM

it usually is the other way around meaning bitcoin is affecting altcoins and not the reverse although it may exist on a smaller scale. the effects are usually in a way that whenever bitcoin is dropping altcoins drop too. but that is only the price, as for technology altcoins have been mostly copying bitcoin and not really innovating much.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
ice guy john

Activity: 17
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:16:56 PM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.

to me the only use of an alt coin is to get more bitcoin. Most of the alts coins out there are just pure garbage. Some are completely dead, some were just fraudlent to begin with and some will just not be able to do what they say. In this bitcoin is the only coin u should ideally hold over a long term.

Indeed i think that only when the purge of all the various alt coins happen can one trully say a bottom has been reached
pencuri hati

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:50:54 PM

for me altcoin has no effect on bitcoin on any aspect because I think bitcoin is the parent of all coin coins popping up nowadays.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:06:07 PM

As i seen and noticed on the market, when bitcoin rises and so does the other coin or alternative coins,  i guess altcoins ( not preferring to all but like 60%) most of them are dependent on bitcoins value like ethereum , ripple and dogecoin. As of now the question should be the effect of altcoin on bitcoin since many coins now are appearing and the market is now crowded.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:14:04 PM

As i seen and noticed on the market, when bitcoin rises and so does the other coin or alternative coins,  i guess altcoins ( not preferring to all but like 60%) most of them are dependent on bitcoins value like ethereum , ripple and dogecoin. As of now the question should be the effect of altcoin on bitcoin since many coins now are appearing and the market is now crowded.

But if you properly see the fiat currency trading in altcoins then their is more fluctuations in fiat trading in altcoins then in bitcoins. So now i think users are now mostly trading in fiat currency in altcoins. So i think bitcoin affect is getting less as now cryptocurrency are even traded through fiat currency.
abiola1

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:25:56 PM

Bitcoin is the center of the crypto economy in many ways, and with BTC trading pairs on every exchange, the gravity of Bitcoin is hard to escape. This only becomes more true has people start to “take gains” or “cut losses” from alts to buy Bitcoin when it goes on a run, and tend to “go to alts” or “go to fiat/USDT” when Bitcoin stagnates or drops.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: