Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The effect of altcoin on bitcoin?  (Read 678 times)
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:01:50 AM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.
What is the effect of increasing the amount of altcoin on bitcoin?

altcoins will makes bitcoin develop or even forking to other kind of bitcoin that have an advantages over bitcoin.
you can see bitcoin has been forked into other coin many times. cryptocurrency in our world will keep developing.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:12:31 AM

I don't think there are so much effect on the increase of amount of altcoins to bitcoin since not all altcoins becomes successful and whether they become successful or not they may go to the flow of bitcoin but would not be able to compete much since bitcoin is still the best in terms of profitability.

mybtc1234

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:54:14 AM

Bitcoin’s price movement generally affects altcoin prices. The relationship isn’t always predictable, but there are some common trends.
Tomb_Goon

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:11:25 AM

Altcoins can be a good and a bad thing for BTC. At first, they brought some sort of validation to the world of Crypto as a whole and made more people trust in the fact that Crypto is going to be around for quite a while so they should avoid being left behind by the bandwagon. Now, on the other hand, the emergence of better functioning coins as products of hard forks or just coin creation (Bitcoin Cash, ETH etc, it puts more pressure on a coin like BTC which is slowly beginning to look like a relic in the greater picture of how much development has been made to better Blockchain tech.
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

For me there are two kinds of effect
1: advantage - the more the merrier. More advantage to choose good coins that have potential in the future.
2: disadvantage - the more altcoins come the more chance of scam.

Whether we like it or not the fittest can survive.
Weak altcoins will cast out and remain nothing purpose in crypto.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:27:29 PM

Peoples are using altcoin to increase bitcoin by using different exchanges and the exchanges are showing the trend also where the investors are moving I think if investors are buying altcoins than the price of altcoins and bitcoin both will increase because if they want to buy altcoin they have need to buy bitcoin and in this way both have increased the price,
Cointertrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:39:07 PM

Since the advent of bitcoin in 2009 led to cryptocurenccy experts competing to make another new coin like bitcoin, this is ALTCoin, where ALTCoin moves at the rate of bitcoin, most people use ALTCoin as the fastest way to collect bitcoin , because the rate or rate is often very promising against bitcoin, began the emergence of many ALTCoin make some coin is just a boom but also many investors and the various types.

In my entire duration since I entered bitcoin I observed that altcoins depends on bitcoin when it comes to price. But I collect my bitcoin through collecting altcoins from different bounty campaign. It has good effect to bitcoin since many of us invest first in altcoins and eventually invested in bitcoin. If the altcoin has the potential then the price will increase together with bitcoin.

addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:44:17 PM

I am no hater of alts but I think one of the effects is that people have a lot to choose from. And when there are a lot to choose from, the investment which should be focused on a single coins could be divided into pieces. But on the benefits is synonymous to its disadvantages. Since there are several alts, it leverages the whole crypto world and provide advertisement not only to the alt but to the bitcoin too. I think that those who have invest in alts is also an investor in bitcoin. But there are people who invest in bitcoin that is not an investor of alts. Currently some people what a whole amount of coin rather than a point of it, thus people see alts as a good option.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:46:35 PM

Peoples are using altcoin to increase bitcoin by using different exchanges and the exchanges are showing the trend also where the investors are moving I think if investors are buying altcoins than the price of altcoins and bitcoin both will increase because if they want to buy altcoin they have need to buy bitcoin and in this way both have increased the price,
I agree with you, that between altcoin and bitcoin affect each other, but I do not understand, will they affect each other forever? because, I analyze every growth altcoin always follow bitcoin, why this can happen? and whether altcoin cannot sustain their value? for example, when bitcoin rises, altcoin also rises, and when bitcoin falls, then altcoin also falls.
do you know what factors make altcoin survive when bitcoin falls?
please explain me with a simple description.
turcalata

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:46:53 PM

The opposite is happening too much. But I do not know very much that Altcoin can affect Bitcoin price. Maybe there are only a few coins that we can say so powerful, but it is far from affecting Bitcoin in them.
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:02:59 PM

I think the altcoin may have not more affect rather than bitcoin to alt coins because bitcoin is king and other altcoin are following the price of bitcoin, when bitcoin goes up or down unexpectedly the whole market will seeing red that is why I think bitcoin is affecting the all other altcoins,
almtu

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:17:31 PM

The effect of altcoins to bitcoin is pumping the value and popularity of bitcoin. While new coins come into this crypto world first they should base the value of their coin with the value of bitcoin. Commonly bitcoin will be more well know by the team and by the new investors with it. I think the effect of altcoins to bitcoin is more about advantages. I can't see any disadvantages for that. It will be good for bitcoin to have another new coin that enter to it's reign in crypto.
komisan

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 12:48:27 PM

To my understanding, the emergence of some highly competitive and promising altcoins has actually pile up pressure on bitcoin for improvement. Altcoins like Ethereum, Ripple, Neo and so on are actually grabbing bitcoin behind with their mode of blockchain technology which is highly acceptable to people.
It is the belief of some that before these promising alts will reach the year bitcoin is now, they have probably overtake bitcoin.
So bitcoin need to do more to maintain its leadership.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

It's best to trade on altcoins than Bitcoin. With altcoins, you can increase the Satoshi values if your Bitcoin. Generally altcoins don't have effects on bitcoins rather Bitcoin got a good hold on almost all altcoins. Most altcoins bleed when Bitcoin tank.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
nieninja53

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:50:04 PM

I think when peoples are moving to altcoins and investors starts buying altcoins than the demand of altcoin will increased and bitcoin demand will decrease and that is why the price of bitcoin will decrease because all investors are moved to the altcoins,

mriansa

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

the effect of bitcoin that is directly experienced for altcoin is most pronounced from the price effect, when bitcoin prices are increasing then altcoin prices also rise, whereas if bitcoin falls then altcoin prices will also fall.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:22:48 PM

Honestly, they put the cryptocurrency in a bad reputation, what I mean are the scam coins, so people many loss their investment to these scam ICO but with legit altcoin, they give bitcoin a good support in the market, but with so many coins in the market it becomes confusing to newbies.
aray80

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:43:44 PM

Altcoin effect to bitcoin is only 50%, because every altcoin change value, of bitcoin price does not increase 100% ... unless bitcoin falls then altcoin price will also decrease ...
Julia Wilson

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:52:58 AM

The most of altcoins are traded for Bitcoin, which means you can only buy them (or sell) using Bitcoin. If the Bitcoin price drops down you can usually observe the same move in regard to the altcoin price chart. Also altcoins are (usually) crypto currencies. Therefore alt’s prices will react the same way as Bitcoin in case of government regulations (or macroeconomic factors) concerning crypto currencies.
janhllr

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:00:57 AM

It is strongly correlated from what you see in the data trends. Let’s explain the basics then throw some examples.

Simple math, ALT/BTC ratio would decrease if:
- ALT coin’s value drops (i.e. people are selling the ALT coin or trading it for BTC or other ALT coins).
and/or
- BTC value increases (i.e., more demand for BTC from various accounts including USD and ALT coin conversion)

Similarly, ALT/BTC ratio would increase if:
- ALT coin’s value increases (i.e. people are buying an ALT coin by trading BTC or other ALT coins).
and/or
- BTC value decreases (i.e., BTC is cashed out for USD or other currency or traded for ALT coins)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: