Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:02:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad.  (Read 246032 times)
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

Bugger it, holding what I have and just bought more. Undecided
I'm holding 45M but no one btc left to buy more  Cry

There are single individuals holding 45M MEOW?  I am selling out now while I am ahead.  Maybe a bad idea, but prefer to get out while I am a little ahead than have to worry about guessing when one person can switch on "dump" and crash the price all by themselves, and leave me at half where i started. 

Yes there are persons who hold big amount of meow and they are can dump and some or one of them did it several times already but they do it for buy cheap and they will pump it back. Just do not play that game with them, do not sell. When it will come to cryptsy, volume will increase and much more people will buy/sell it i belive less influence of one man. Although i hope dumpers are reasonable persons and will not dump after relaunch, after relaunch nothing should stop kitten from moving to the moon!

There will definitely be whales dumping right after relaunch to quickly take advantage of any price jumps... that's what i'm worried about. I would rather just hold on to all the coins for the long haul but i'm afraid of all the crashes that will happen and how soon we recover.

I am guessing most of the big holders of MEOW are already out.  Most of them probably purchased at 2-4 satoshi which is where it held for weeks prior to the recent uptick in price, selling at 80-100 for 25-50x profit just makes sense to do, especially since the market has been plenty busy enough to handle that kindof volume if spread out over a day or two.

At one point yesterday, I saw 126BTC worth of sell orders at 57 - that is about 221M MEOW, it was gone within a few hours.

600+BTC total volume in the last 24 hrs  At current price of 57 that is a little over 1 BILLION MEOW traded.  almost 25% of total market cap.  And that's still with about 3% (144M) new coins being minted each day.  Incredible.
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:56:09 PM

there is holder of 200m MEOW - 1 satoshi was nice price he said (it is not me)

Wow, I'm double out, I wish I could have sold twice.   Up till reading this thread  I was pretty optimistic that this MEOW wasn't a premined coin, but with all these huge whales who bought in or mined at 1 or 2 satoshi lurking around, this is no different than having an enormous premine problem weighing it down.  I understand that something like 4 billion MEOW were already mined due to a bug in the old spec.... and that these "accidentally cheated" MEOW are not going to be taken off the market on relaunch? So what is the point? This is no different than being stuck on the wrong side of a premined coin for anyone who bought after it hit 6 or 7 Satoshi.

Tulpa

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Many holders decided to sell Meows. And it is really good. Now market is more alive.
AND I am personally decided to stop mining at 11/1 and returned 10 days later. If i keepd mining over 10M I could get with total of 1MH/s for all my devices. But it was difficult not to stop mining. But I sold not a single Meow. And will hold.
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Wow, I'm double out, I wish I could have sold twice.   Up till reading this thread  I was pretty optimistic that this MEOW wasn't a premined coin, but with all these huge whales who bought in or mined at 1 or 2 satoshi lurking around, this is no different than having an enormous premine problem weighing it down.  I understand that something like 4 billion MEOW were already mined due to a bug in the old spec.... and that these "accidentally cheated" MEOW are not going to be taken off the market on relaunch? So what is the point? This is no different than being stuck on the wrong side of a premined coin for anyone who bought after it hit 6 or 7 Satoshi.

Where do you find this hogwash info?

No bug in the spec.. Just rewards of 1000-100,000 every 30 seconds. Same spec as today, otherwise there would have been a hard fork already. Compare that to Doge which started with rewards of 1-1,000,000 and I'm sure there are still PLENTY of whales with heaps of Doge. It's not a premine, it's called early adoption.. Same with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and pretty near every damn crypto out there. When Meow first hit CoinduMp, there were more sellers than buyers so prices fell to 1-2 satoshis. Bitcoin was worth pennies at one point too.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:26:14 PM

Where do you find this hogwash info?

No bug in the spec.. Just rewards of 1000-100,000 every 30 seconds. Same spec as today, otherwise there would have been a hard fork already. Compare that to Doge which started with rewards of 1-1,000,000 and I'm sure there are still PLENTY of whales with heaps of Doge. It's not a premine, it's called early adoption.. Same with Bitcoin, Litecoin, and pretty near every damn crypto out there. When Meow first hit CoinduMp, there were more sellers than buyers so prices fell to 1-2 satoshis. Bitcoin was worth pennies at one point too.

This +1.
You just have to laugh at people trying to spread FUD.

cryptoss

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:30:45 PM

Disclosure: Long post but worth the read
First off I'm acknowledging that the relaunch day hasn't come yet and that is maybe why less word has been spread about this coin to the public. (I hope)
     I saw potential early on in meow, bought in at a risky point and I'm in the negative right now but I'm holding.  One thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of push (actual support, I'm not talking about fan boys) this coin has had. This coin has been mentioned on keiser, and like he said cats vs. dogs is a very popular internet feud.  WE NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.  There are hundreds of subreddits that already have a huge following DEDICATED to cats, cat memes, cat videos, etc.  YOU NAME IT AND THERE'S CATS.  Lets get a tip bot and talk to some moderators of popular, already established subreddits to see if they will allow the integration of a tip bot and let their users tip each other.  This is a win win win situation.  You could reward the original poster for good content and their viewers for positive comments, kittehcoin gets publicity, and the subreddit gets a more enticed/active community.  The subreddit could even set up a kittehcoin donation.  Doge got popular because it was ALREADY a meme, not because it posted memes about itself.  Cats are a public trend, it's time to reach out and actually put some effort into your investment.  I understand relaunch hasn't come, but no one is going to care about relaunch when we get dumped on by whales.  If we have enough of a public following before relaunch, whales will be much lesser of a problem.  I agree we should wait out on the exchanges/updates, but I think we need to reach out to the public before the relaunch.

Another way to reach the public would be to contact some popular (but not TOO popular)  cat youtubers.  Tell them they should accept kittehcoins, because really...what do you have they have to lose?  They can only gain, gain kittehcoins.  It could be a new way to monetize youtube videos, but in a playful, friendly way.  Whether you want to admit it or not, for coins like kitteh, their success more relies on hype and popularity than it does the actual attributes it has as a currency.  There probably wouldn't be a relaunch if the devs didn't already realize this, but we need to get the word out.  I doubt any of you will take action, but this is an investment of mine and I will work to make sure I get returns/value from it.  I'll be posting pictures to show proof in the next few days to show I'm not just blowing air.  If you're mad kittehcoin is going down/ isn't very popular or scared of the threat posed by quantity holders on launch days.  Don't let keiser do all the promoting for you *coughmaxcoin* GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING YOURSELF.

If you liked this post, feel free to gimme some kitteh love KMToLbngBHXfn7vrgBJyGyowytjW1HhNQm MEOWWWWWWWWW
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:32:38 PM

First off I'm acknowledging that the relaunch day hasn't come yet and that is maybe why less word has been spread about this coin to the public. (I hope)
     I saw potential early on in meow, bought in at a risky point and I'm in the negative right now but I'm holding.  One thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of push (actual support, I'm not talking about fan boys) this coin has had. This coin has been mentioned on keiser, and like he said cats vs. dogs is a very popular internet feud.  WE NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.  There are hundreds of subreddits that already have a huge following DEDICATED to cats, cat memes, cat videos, etc.  YOU NAME IT AND THERE'S CATS.  Lets get a tip bot and talk to some moderators of popular, already established subreddits to see if they will allow the integration of a tip bot and let their users tip each other.  This is a win win win situation.  You could reward the original poster for good content and their viewers for positive comments, kittehcoin gets publicity, and the subreddit gets a more enticed/active community.  The subreddit could even set up a kittehcoin donation.  Doge got popular because it was ALREADY a meme, not because it posted memes about itself.  Cats are a public trend, it's time to reach out and actually put some effort into your investment.  I understand relaunch hasn't come, but no one is going to care about relaunch when we get dumped on by whales.  If we have enough of a public following before relaunch, whales will be much lesser of a problem.  I agree we should wait out on the exchanges/updates, but I think we need to reach out to the public before the relaunch.

Another way to reach the public would be to contact some popular (but not TOO popular)  cat youtubers.  Tell them they should accept kittehcoins, because really...what do you have they have to lose?  They can only gain, gain kittehcoins.  It could be a new way to monetize youtube videos, but in a playful, friendly way.  Whether you want to admit it or not, for coins like kitteh, their success more relies on hype and popularity than it does the actual attributes it has as a currency.  There probably wouldn't be a relaunch if the devs didn't already realize this, but we need to get the word out.  I doubt any of you will take action, but this is an investment of mine and I will work to make sure I get returns/value from it.  I'll be posting pictures to show proof in the next few days to show I'm not just blowing air.  If you're mad kittehcoin is going down/ isn't very popular or scared of the threat posed by quantity holders on launch days.  Don't let keiser do all the promoting for you *coughmaxcoin* GO OUT AND DO SOMETHING YOURSELF.

If you liked this post, feel free to gimme some kitteh love KMToLbngBHXfn7vrgBJyGyowytjW1HhNQm MEOWWWWWWWWW

Well said

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
WorldCoinIndex

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 08:36:01 PM

Got u guys listed!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384546.0

BTC:1JVzATpuSvyz889mquf6Y7atUnAYFFUGyg LTC:La7fvvNNN7tBAhD91Emu8Xo77uXE5wUYha
http://worldcoinindex.com/coinrequest
Crypto currency price index
mikeymillie

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:41:29 PM

I'm not planning on getting back in, but that does not diminish the value of the above at all.  This is probably the first meme-backed coin that has a really good chance to get adopted by girls in appreciable numbers, which is a demographic that has so far seen very little interest in crypto (on a percentage basis, obviously girls are not biologically allergic to crypto) or in the considerable trouble it takes to get ahold of some. Forum Tipbots and Facebook tipbots (does such a thing exist?) would be a huge, huge driver of adoption because it gets rid of a lot of the initial adoption friction that prevents people from going from spectators to speculators. 
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:44:48 PM

Some very good points here.

Not sure if everybody knows but go and have a look at http://kittehcoin.info (Official site).
Offer to help there, come with suggestions etc etc.

Nothing will happen if everybody just sits with their coins and waits for something to happen. Be active if you want Kitteh to be a success.
Devs are trying their best. Question is. Are you? ("points at you all")
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:49:51 PM

This is a great idea. We should work on this

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:10:28 PM

Per my prior point - a great means to that end:
All of that said, I would love to see some charitable initiatives come along. Something heartwarming and feline related. This provides a dual benefit of a) being good social citizens who share our successes and b) increasing the profile of the coin so that more good can be done.

What I'd REALLY LOVE TO SEE is a few pools taking things up a notch. If you run a pool, especially if you have a fee to help cover expenses, CONTRIBUTE 100% OF ALL DONATIONS TO A LOCAL KITTEN RESCUE or something of the sort. Promote it and make it transparent so that individual users can see in the blockchain that their contributions were sent in full.

We could be cool cats and literally save a metric shit-ton of kittens from euthanasia. That would be epic.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
mikeymillie

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:21:29 PM

All of that said, I would love to see some charitable initiatives come along. Something heartwarming and feline related. This provides a dual benefit of a) being good social citizens who share our successes and b) increasing the profile of the coin so that more good can be done.

What I'd REALLY LOVE TO SEE is a few pools taking things up a notch. If you run a pool, especially if you have a fee to help cover expenses, CONTRIBUTE 100% OF ALL DONATIONS TO A LOCAL KITTEN RESCUE or something of the sort. Promote it and make it transparent so that individual users can see in the blockchain that their contributions were sent in full.

We could be cool cats and literally save a metric shit-ton of kittens from euthanasia. That would be epic.

If only one wire news agency or local news channel heard about this story, in a small or medium sized market, they would definitely pounce on it.   News media are getting short on new Crypto story ideas and in a small or medium sized town there will definitely be a willing ear for someone who called the local TV or newspaper news desk and told them about this happening. But make sure it is REAL first, like all set up and working, not a 'maybe this might happen in a week' BS, that will get your number sent to voicemail from then on.  Real story with people who can do real interviews, smiling, holding saved kitties up for the camera.   

Then when the upstream news network (UP, UPI, NBC, BBC, etc)  picks up the buzz from the story done by their local affiliate they can rebroadcast /  republish it in their larger markets and voila, kittehs on the moon
mavis369

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:02:35 PM

Not very constructive, but........

Trade Key 688f99809268d2d14f2d6309ad5d25e493afc913
taken2

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:12:56 PM

Welcome to TaKeN p2pool IPv4 & IPv6 support!
Pool fee is 1%.
More info: http://taken.pl

Kittehcoin P2Pool - STATUS: UP
Pool URL: http://taken.pl:9566
Username: Kittehcoin Address
Password: Anything
Algorithm: Scrypt
Don't use an exchange address - Use your wallet address!

z33atn IS A SCAMMER !
Taint

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:45:01 PM

If only one wire news agency or local news channel heard about this story, in a small or medium sized market, they would definitely pounce on it.   News media are getting short on new Crypto story ideas and in a small or medium sized town there will definitely be a willing ear for someone who called the local TV or newspaper news desk and told them about this happening. But make sure it is REAL first, like all set up and working, not a 'maybe this might happen in a week' BS, that will get your number sent to voicemail from then on.  Real story with people who can do real interviews, smiling, holding saved kitties up for the camera.   

Then when the upstream news network (UP, UPI, NBC, BBC, etc)  picks up the buzz from the story done by their local affiliate they can rebroadcast /  republish it in their larger markets and voila, kittehs on the moon

On a slightly less altruistic note, I think it might be good to get some form of exposure for the coin on http://icanhas.cheezburger.com/

Want Free Bitcoins? Try http://freebitco.in/?r=343120
websheff

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:40:51 PM

Guys, what advise, protect, keep kitteh and don`t try to sell them?
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:07:26 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:17:57 AM by Mortimer452

All KittehCoin pool operators, please respond to update posted here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=439519.msg4829208#msg4829208
wB`

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:30:32 AM

ya do not sell them until they are 100-200 satoshi. now is the time to buy. most of the people who bought at 1-2 satoshi have already dumped everything that they had.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:48:01 AM

ya do not sell them until they are 100-200 satoshi. now is the time to buy. most of the people who bought at 1-2 satoshi have already dumped everything that they had.

besides you Wink

i was thinking of waiting until 400 satoshi until i start selling... anyone think that's a bad idea?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: