Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad.  (Read 246027 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

i dont see the point of all this manipulation . The whale obviously holds a large amount, 200,000,000 meow plus, and doing all this with the volume being so low on coined up hes only gonna manage to buy up a fet BTCs of meows for all his trouble! Why cant he be happy with the shitload he has and let meow rise naturally, better for everyone!! I think its more about ego!! Doing it because he can and then bragging to heroworshippers on irc!!!!
Definitely buy cheap meows if u can and DONT sell cheap!!!

200m MEOW is 96BTC at ~.00000049  average.   That's a year of not having to work, or a Tesla Model S, or an entire house in some areas - that you are giving this guy for nothing.  And 200m is only 10% of the MEOW out there bought at scam-level cheap.  

I know a lot of young people have never been conned before, so they don't know it coming when they see it, but it's helpful to remember that a "con"  is shorthand for "confidence trick" or "confidence game." In other words, the whole point is to make the person who is marked as a loser in the game feel confident that their view of what is going on makes sense, in order to get the most profit out them when they lose.
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:36:02 PM

i dont see the point of all this manipulation . The whale obviously holds a large amount, 200,000,000 meow plus, and doing all this with the volume being so low on coined up hes only gonna manage to buy up a fet BTCs of meows for all his trouble! Why cant he be happy with the shitload he has and let meow rise naturally, better for everyone!! I think its more about ego!! Doing it because he can and then bragging to heroworshippers on irc!!!!

200m MEOW is 96BTC at ~.00000049  average.   That's a year of not having to work, or a Tesla Model S, or an entire house in some areas - that you are giving this guy for nothing.  And 200m is only 10% of the MEOW out there bought at scam-level cheap.  

I know a lot of young people have never been conned before, so they don't know it coming when they see it, but it's helpful to remember that a "con"  is shorthand for "confidence trick" or "confidence game." In other words, the whole point is to make the person who is marked as a loser in the game feel confident that their view of what is going on makes sense, in order to get the most profit out them when they lose.

early bird gets the worm man. whoever bought in that cheap is going to win. its the same thing with bitcoin. some people bought 10s of thousands of bitcoin early on and kept a decent amount of them and are selling them now for crazy profits....just because they are making great profits doesnt necessarily mean anyone is getting conned...
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:37:15 PM

EXACTLY!

am... how can't you see that???

let's say he has 200mil, and he'll play with 50mil. 2btc needed to drive the price down and up again (20satoshi difference, low volume asking/selling between 40-60 satoshi).
He drives the price to 40 (2btc spent), buying 50mill spending 20btc.
Now he can wait and price will go up naturally, or spending probably 1 btc to drive it to 60. Even if he sell's at 60, he made around 6btc in an hour. Probably 10btc (spending a little more meow).

You can check, history graph of meow last 10 days, every time whales was willing to play, price was driven down to 40-35, then quickly back up. When meow reaches another exchanges, he can't do that no more, because people will look other exchanges before selling low.

Lol he's not a holder of meow waiting for something to happen, for price to go up, he'll try to earn every day 10btc.  

Most people wait with a few btc for of meow to rise quite a bit, to make some more. Whale needs only 10 satoshi difference, to make easy 5btc. If he invests 20-30btc. That's like 15% gain in 1 hour.

The volume on coinedup is far to low for the whale to be able anything close to 50,000,000 everytime he pushes the price down significantly. Unless a mining pool dumps at that time, which would be pretty stupid of them!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
nosf009

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:38:56 PM

Frightening people into selling Cheesy
Haha. Bear trap? That's how they call it?

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:39:16 PM

yet again FOD.. Wonder what is it for you.....
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:40:03 PM

obviously hes able to make money doing this but the damage done scaring people may far outweigh his small profits in the long run!!??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
beo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:42:27 PM

Looks like its going to be another interesting night.
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:44:02 PM

& milkymile what fuck you talking about bought at scam level cheap!? Anyone you included had the oppurtunity to buy meows when they were 1-5 sats each! The people with a brain and some BTC bought loads, just cause you obviously missed the boat on this stop spreading crap , calling scam and being a real ass fukt sore loser

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:45:07 PM

200m is not 10%. It is a little over 4%. This coin was not an instamine. There has been over a MONTH of the current specs. I think what youre failing to understand is that the dev that started kittehcoin is no longer here. There is now a team of devs trying to make kittehcoin stand out with new features and safeguards, and they will also be launching many services outside of the coin.

You just seem to be justifying the fact that you sold way to early. Sad if you ask me. Kittehcoin is a stand out alt-coin, not a copy paste premine job. Any questions?

mikeymillie

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:45:20 PM

early bird gets the worm man. whoever bought in that cheap is going to win. its the same thing with bitcoin. some people bought 10s of thousands of bitcoin early on and kept a decent amount of them and are selling them now for crazy profits....just because they are making great profits doesnt necessarily mean anyone is getting conned...

Do you think MEOW will still be around in 2 years and can be used to pay for things at the same level Bitcoin is today?  Because the fact that real market adoption has kicked in, a tiny tiny bit, is the only thing (and its an important one) keeping Bitcoin's value aloft.  If you truly think that will happen with MEOW then your logic is sound.  If not then it's just magical thinking. On the other hand, people said this would be true with LiteCoin, and FeatherCoin, and that was before there were 498 other altcoins out there, before every wek another 50 of them flood the market.  Trying to predict which of the zerglings survive the rush at the end is a roulette game.
beo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

interesting price, I'm going to call it to 42 within the next two hours and bounce from there to 50-55? Or should it fall, I say a massive wall at 36.
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:50:46 PM

Yes we think so, that's why i am keeping my 1m coins and not going sell that what ever manipulator going to do. You sold your meow, you left, what i can't understand why you keep posting in this threat.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

obviously hes able to make money doing this but the damage done scaring people may far outweigh his small profits in the long run!!??

They are not here for the long run. They're not feeding off supporters and holders of meow. Probably will not even wait if possibly someday meow hits 250. They'll sell for profit, probably waiting for relaunch, making some btc in between. They'll earn if  the price is already 300satoshi, before unloading all.

They are feeding of a people that are quickly scared. They don't care about meow or any other coin or community. They care for btc/fiat. And they are not stupid, and it's easy money, most of the time they are dealing with noobs when it comes to trading.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:53:20 PM

200m is not 10%. It is a little over 4%. This coin was not an instamine. There has been over a MONTH of the current specs. I think what youre failing to understand is that the dev that started kittehcoin is no longer here. There is now a team of devs trying to make kittehcoin stand out with new features and safeguards, and they will also be launching many services outside of the coin.

You just seem to be justifying the fact that you sold way to early. Sad if you ask me. Kittehcoin is a stand out alt-coin, not a copy paste premine job. Any questions?

My job is making entertainment content around the community angle of virtual currency, so as far as one coin or another goes, I don't really care which ones succeed more than others and I am not an investor or speculator in alts in any significant amount.  I sometimes buy in a tiny sliver (MEOW was under 100k for me) so I can get a sense of what owning an alt feels like on a gut level, which better helps me gauge what is really happening in the community sentiment and makes me pay closer attention than otherwise.  I think MEOW's community is interesting because it's one of the alts that is situated near the border between success and failure (good community, but not big enough, the coin has been set back by drawbacks to adoption that others don't have but OTOH a cute charity / FB meme adoption angle that others don't have either), and I am very interested in seeing how it overcomes adversity if it does at all.  At the same time I know a lot of younger people are putting money that might be scarce into this and I don't like standing by watching them learn the hard way.    I know this is hard to imagine, but some people aren't here just to play altcoin lotto.
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:59:55 PM

My job is making entertainment content around the community angle of virtual currency, so as far as one coin or another goes, I don't really care which ones succeed more than others and I am not an investor or speculator in alts in any significant amount.  I sometimes buy in a tiny sliver (MEOW was under 100k for me) so I can get a sense of what owning an alt feels like on a gut level, which better helps me gauge what is really happening in the community sentiment and makes me pay closer attention than otherwise.  I think MEOW's community is interesting because it's one of the alts that is situated near the border between success and failure (good community, but not big enough, the coin has been set back by drawbacks to adoption that others don't have but OTOH a cute charity / FB meme adoption angle that others don't have either), and I am very interested in seeing how it overcomes adversity if it does at all.  At the same time I know a lot of younger people are putting money that might be scarce into this and I don't like standing by watching them learn the hard way.    I know this is hard to imagine, but some people aren't here just to play altcoin lotto.

Call it whatever you like. To me it looks like you are actively trying to manipulate by creating FOD. Simple as.
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:01:00 AM

Call it whatever you like. To me it looks like you are actively trying to manipulate by creating FOD. Simple as.

+1
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:03:43 AM

+1

ya the guy is a troll plain and simple. he has nothing to contribute to the community besides negativity.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:04:11 AM

Perhaps, but then you clearly are quite annoyed that this might cause the price to go down in the short term, so there's that too. If you are not one of these 'whales' people keep talking about then why would you be annoyed?  As a true believer, you're going to hold on to MEOW through this anyway, aren't you?

By the way it's spelled FUD.    
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:05:10 AM

Do you have a site or something?

I just don't get why you are choosing kittehcoin to lecture about cons. You chose the coin with a huge dedicated dev team. Go find me 5 newer altcoins (November or later) that have this. You believe kitteh will fail, you called it a con, that is why you are advising the "younger people" that must have bought in with their allowance to get out. If you really are here to sniff out a con you managed to miss the 90% of coins that are cons and pick one of the more solid alts.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:10:49 AM

+1

ya the guy is a troll plain and simple. he has nothing to contribute to the community besides negativity.

I posted a number of suggestions for donations/ charities a while back, which kicked off a number of other great suggestions - some even better than mine, which i think is a good thing, don't you?  This was *after* i sold too.  "Trolling" is the standard response every single altcoin early adopter gives in every single thread, when someone comes in with a different position than "MOON!".  And to be fair, a lot of them are trolls, because everyone's trying to take a bite out of everyone else.  Well if you think I am trolling you are speculating about my intentions. Fair enough, I claim yours are just as selfish and you cannot prove otherwise.  

So, all that is left are the facts, which can't change regardless of what someone's intention is.  The facts don't look great, evidenced by the manipulation going on.
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: