Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad.  (Read 246032 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:16:44 AM

i dont see the point of all this manipulation . The whale obviously holds a large amount, 200,000,000 meow plus, and doing all this with the volume being so low on coined up hes only gonna manage to buy up a fet BTCs of meows for all his trouble! Why cant he be happy with the shitload he has and let meow rise naturally, better for everyone!! I think its more about ego!! Doing it because he can and then bragging to heroworshippers on irc!!!!
Definitely buy cheap meows if u can and DONT sell cheap!!!

200m MEOW is 96BTC at ~.00000049  average.   That's a year of not having to work, or a Tesla Model S, or an entire house in some areas - that you are giving this guy for nothing.  And 200m is only 10% of the MEOW out there bought at scam-level cheap. 

I know a lot of young people have never been conned before, so they don't know it coming when they see it, but it's helpful to remember that a "con"  is shorthand for "confidence trick" or "confidence game." In other words, the whole point is to make the person who is marked as a loser in the game feel confident that their view of what is going on makes sense, in order to get the most profit out them when they lose.

200m is not 10%. It is a little over 4%. This coin was not an instamine. There has been over a MONTH of the current specs. I think what youre failing to understand is that the dev that started kittehcoin is no longer here. There is now a team of devs trying to make kittehcoin stand out with new features and safeguards, and they will also be launching many services outside of the coin.

You just seem to be justifying the fact that you sold way to early. Sad if you ask me. Kittehcoin is a stand out alt-coin, not a copy paste premine job. Any questions?

My job is making entertainment content around the community angle of virtual currency, so as far as one coin or another goes, I don't really care which ones succeed more than others and I am not an investor or speculator in alts in any significant amount.  I sometimes buy in a tiny sliver (MEOW was under 100k for me) so I can get a sense of what owning an alt feels like on a gut level, which better helps me gauge what is really happening in the community sentiment and makes me pay closer attention than otherwise.  I think MEOW's community is interesting because it's one of the alts that is situated near the border between success and failure (good community, but not big enough, the coin has been set back by drawbacks to adoption that others don't have but OTOH a cute charity / FB meme adoption angle that others don't have either), and I am very interested in seeing how it overcomes adversity if it does at all.  At the same time I know a lot of younger people are putting money that might be scarce into this and I don't like standing by watching them learn the hard way.    I know this is hard to imagine, but some people aren't here just to play altcoin lotto.

Do you have a site or something?

I just don't get why you are choosing kittehcoin to lecture about cons. You chose the coin with a huge dedicated dev team. Go find me 5 newer altcoins (November or later) that have this. You believe kitteh will fail, you called it a con, that is why you are advising the "younger people" that must have bought in with their allowance to get out. If you really are here to sniff out a con you managed to miss the 90% of coins that are cons and pick one of the more solid alts.

I work in network TV, on gaming community planning for TV shows. There is a *lot* of interest in my world about what is going on with altcoins, and since a TV series's production costs are very expensive it cannot allow itself to be connected to something that can be scammed and manipulated easily.  You're right, I could have picked several other altcoins to observe, MEOW was somewhat randomly selected from a pool of 10 I narrowed down to (some of the others I am watching as well, but not involved in the forums - i picked one thats sure to be abused, and a couple that are sure to succeed , and one or two that i think are on the border, MEOW is one of those)
snipsnoop
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:17:37 AM

I really should know better after all these years. Trolls be trolls. Don't feed it.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:17:43 AM

Anyone watching whale toying between 50-40 satoshi price. Putting up a few hundred of meow, taking them off (cca. 10s intervals). Setting wall at 43, probably removing it a few times, put up a bunch of btc at 39, removing it. Toying with you, just don't sell. lol

have to go to sleep.
chocobo

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:31:41 AM

I work in network TV, on gaming community planning for TV shows. There is a *lot* of interest in my world about what is going on with altcoins, and since a TV series's production costs are very expensive it cannot allow itself to be connected to something that can be scammed and manipulated easily.  You're right, I could have picked several other altcoins to observe, MEOW was somewhat randomly selected from a pool of 10 I narrowed down to (some of the others I am watching as well, but not involved in the forums - i picked one thats sure to be abused, and a couple that are sure to succeed , and one or two that i think are on the border, MEOW is one of those)

What network? I kind of doubt that a gaming network has interested in any alt coins beyond doge. The only way your network would be connected to a coin is if it gave some endorsement. When you review a crappy game are you all of a sudden connected to it? No. I am curious about what coins you picked and why a gaming network is so interested in altcoins if you want to PM me.

I respect your opinion but I think you are making a poor choice for your show.
mikeymillie

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:53:29 AM

What network? I kind of doubt that a gaming network has interested in any alt coins beyond doge. The only way your network would be connected to a coin is if it gave some endorsement. When you review a crappy game are you all of a sudden connected to it? No. I am curious about what coins you picked and why a gaming network is so interested in altcoins if you want to PM me.

I respect your opinion but I think you are making a poor choice for your show.

No one is planning on using altcoins, no.  Not even Doge, or even Litecoin for that matter.  I work with a production company which contracts with multiple networks and distributors, so our clients are big names you've heard of and a 'background' names that you probably haven't. This is early stage research into how communities form around altcoins, or "coin-like systems" which would be a better way to put it, since the final product will be either something created specifically for a given show using something like an OpenTransactions framework, or else will be built on top of Bitcoin or Mastercoin or Ethereum, or something like protoshares.  This is at least 18 months out, so the market will not resemble the market then.  And the interest in "cons" is not in a particular con, but in gaining an overall sense of the various ways manipulation works in general in these communities.  For a game to work, the balance between creating a sense of big opportunity (i.e. "winning") has to be offset by curbing the possibility for abuse through manipulation, and examining this is what I am here for.  MEOW happens to be an interesting case due to it not being an obvious premine, but also not being an obviously fair-allocated coin either.  You (or the devs) are trying to repair something that might not be repairable, given the circumstances, and this is more interesting than seeing a badly-planned coin get outed (I posted in another thread about one of those, in case you think I am just here to beat up on poor little kitteh), or a sure success getting promoted. 
zachamo

Activity: 346
Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

Calm down kitteh friends.

I don't think mikeymillie is a real troll, but still - don't feed the trolls. He makes some good points but they're nor really directed to Meow as much as they are towards the entirety of altcoins.

As for whales - that happens. Happened with Bitcoin when it was first lifting off, happens in major established financial markets. Some people will do anything to make a buck; some screw up and lose everything, some get arrested for it, some get away with it.

Meow has a lot of potential, and I think just like Doge - it has the potential to draw a lot of new people into crypto, which I feel is a major win all around.

As for short term market fluctuations -- don't get too hyped up over relaunch. If it's not as big as it's hyped-up to be, that's fine. Not like they're flipping some miracle switch that will make pegacorns fly out of our asses. The changes to the spec are mostly known. Stable price growth happens over time, not with the flick of a switch.

This is pretty much how I feel about the markets right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NupxasQWs

And let's all remember - Mario 2 was just a dream.

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:18:45 AM

Price is stable
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:42:08 AM

nice to see how quickly the price recovered.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:48:32 AM

yer, just trying to shake the last of the weak hands before relaunch i guess, who knows where price will settle, then time for more manipulation after that. lol. sadly once we get on cryptsy it's probably when the real pump and dumpers start attacking.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
beo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:48:43 AM

With 4BTC worth of buy orders holding up the 50s, not exactly confidence inspiring stuff.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:50:22 AM

hmm yer, especially not when you look at 60-70 sells thats for sure (who knows whats real on there at the moment). if you believe in the coin then you will have faith of nice steady growth

hashcows has also been mining meow for like 9 out of last 11hrs, other multi's too probably. whale seems to start fake dump when he knows influx of sells from multi pools is coming aswell

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
Ng93

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:29:39 AM

There is a whale who is trying to buy some cheap meow before the launch.
You can see that hashco dumped a lot of coins that's why we haven't much buy orders at the moment.
But meow has a great feature, monday is the "relaunch"

Kind regards
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:34:48 AM

Yea I am very Bullish on this one. Those poor Catcoin folks are having all kinds of problems, don't know what's about to hit them.

mikeymillie

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:49:51 AM

Yea I am very Bullish on this one. Those poor Catcoin folks are having all kinds of problems, don't know what's about to hit them.

Pardon if I am about to say something very illogical here, but is there any case of two altcoins merging into one for the better of both? It sounds like it would take a tremendous effort of organization.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:39:14 AM

Pardon if I am about to say something very illogical here, but is there any case of two altcoins merging into one for the better of both? It sounds like it would take a tremendous effort of organization.

If other coins are legit, up front, no reason there is not room for all.
This market is just getting accepted.
It can only grow.

Only the GOVT (any govt) could shut it down, if the scamming/fraud get out of control.

We want to be able to use these coins on ebay amazon all of it.
Progress is being made.

Meantime there is always goldrush end of it, during the original 1800's lots of people were scammed, killed, robbed ect.
Nothing will change that here.

You cannot control people - places - things, only yourself...

Kitteh is cute Smiley nuff said.

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
blue_bit

Activity: 181

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:46:39 AM

wait for the relaunch .
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:01:26 AM

It can only grow.

Only the GOVT (any govt) could shut it down, if the scamming/fraud get out of control.

Progress is being made.

Meantime there is always goldrush end of it, during the original 1800's lots of people were scammed, killed, robbed ect.

Governments can't shut cryptocurrencies down any more than they could shut down the internet and in fact only by shutting down the internet could they achieve both and only in their respective jurisdictions.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:29:57 AM

It can only grow.

Progress is being made.

Governments can't shut cryptocurrencies down any more than they could shut down the internet and in fact only by shutting down the internet could they achieve both and only in their respective jurisdictions.

Ummm silk road Huh ahhh um errr..

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:37:20 AM

Pity the Pool!  KittehCoin MEOW pool

- Solid servers, UPS/generator backups
- Redundant internet
- 0% fee
- Donations toward KittehCoin development

http://meow.pitythepool.com

wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:43:39 AM

Is there something up with the network hash? showing .66 Ghash..
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: