Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:28:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is mew now  (Read 269 times)
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:21:27 PM

There are no problems with MEW now. Develipers have solved the issues with dns servers, so it is safe enough to use this. You shouldnt worry about it.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:24:03 PM

I already expereinced it ,and i dont think how ,its either i filled the form with my private key or put it in public ,but now my personal and private things about cryptoing is in my safe place and no one can knows

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
crypto4earn
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:26:27 PM

According to me Mew is safe and secure only until your private key is not stolen by someone else and once the transactions made from your account then there is nothing to recover your funds so my suggestion is to all the individuals to keep safe your private key.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:28:07 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 12:50:06 AM by Hassan02

my mew was recently hacked i don't even no how but my eth was stole and all my tokens is there anything i can do to recover it
nothing, its seems like the hacker has access in your privatekey . Just always remember to check url before pasting your private key and dont give it to any other person dont trust other people in when the money involve.
Ondongeric18

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/Wl0rfMA.jpg

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:33:31 PM

As I have noticed by observing the events that have been reported many of the hacking methods have employed phishing techniques. That is so simple the you thought you are just clicking on websites and pages that seems harmelss but was able to save your data. As long as those hackers are out there, it will be hard to say everything online is safe because the flaw is not in the system but on the users who never thought would be their victims. So how safe is MEW? It is safe but it is us that could create such a mistake.

▐ ██████ ▌》    SONDER.VISION       《▐ ██████ ▌
HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:37:18 PM

Recently, there has been some report of MyEtherWallet hacking, I think those users have unknowingly made some mistake or it is not that easy to hack it. I have been using MyEtherWallet for a long time without facing any problem. It is quite safe, just store private key in a safe place.

nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:42:43 PM

I think myetherwallet should be safe by now, I use it yesterday to make some transaction and i think it is safe now. Though I did not use myetherwallet directly. I am making use of metamask to access myetherwallet, that way, I won't have to give out my private key. I feel using myetherwallet and metamask together provides a high level of security.

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:54:37 PM

my mew was recently hacked i don't even no how but my eth was stole and all my tokens is there anything i can do to recover it
If you are talking about the DNS hack, then there is nothing you can do since the transactions are not reversible at all. You could have taken precautionary steps though during the hack, but still can't blame you for your tokens getting hacked. So far i know, MEW is safe for now.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:02:04 PM

for now mew is the safest wallet I think, and its support all other altcoins and bounty program to make payment to others, and I think MEW is very easy to use and simple so everybody will learn it quick and adapt it quick too, and it make ethereum always stabile because it have good system
Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:27:29 PM

You can't do anything about that as you can't reverse transactions in crypto, that's why you have to be extra careful with your private key. Always bookmark the mew website and open it from there, check it again if you open the right site incase of another dns hijack. Mew safety hasn't changed, it is just there's a lot of new people in crypto that aren't careful enough.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Igorpap2

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

Most likely, this is your fault ....
Perhaps with participation in airdrop or a dubious bounty, you indicated your private key ... Or went to a fishing web site. Please accept my sincere condolences, but I doubt if you will get your money back.  Undecided Undecided Undecided
JinCrypts

Activity: 170

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:37:48 PM

It is probably about the Google' dns got breached by the hackers and unluckily you entered your private address using that dns. But MEW is still safe as ever, that recent hack was not there problem because they give us proper warning before using MEW. and to answer the question, no you wont recover it unless the hacker give it back.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:39:43 PM

Mew is safe now a days, but I heard some issues that attackers attack some of the wallets of individual users and get some of the tokens. I think you expose your private private that why they get you coins on your wallets or you got from a phishing site that get the hidden information that you are secretly protecting.

richardjam

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:43:24 PM

MEW is safe now bro . You should scan virus daily to prevent the keylog . Save the private key at the place safe ... Don't click any email from Inbox
Dimm_bounty13

Activity: 322

Tokenize Everything - https://www.udap.io/

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:12:15 PM

It's a pity, bro! I'm so sorry for your loss! Did you find out what the reason for the hack of your wallet had been? Did you find any suspicious e-mails? Might you occasionally enter your password anywhere? Unfortunately, there are no safer variants(

justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

My ether wallet is definetely not safe, you could lose your money many times before, if you want to use it still, connect with ledger nano s or download its offline version that is not fully safe but better than using it directly.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:23:51 PM

Sorry for your lost OP but you might be negligible for your lost. The sad thing is you can't recover it unless by chance and miracle, the hacker will return it to you if he feels generous.
What was the last website you visited and logged in before MEW or did you ever clicked or you searched MEW through google? if that's the case then you fall to a fake website and you input your private keys there while the hacker sees someone was fetched, he stole your tokens immediately.
Bookmark MEW for your safety.
philadey30

Activity: 158
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:06:29 AM

I don't trust MEW safety, I always prefer hardware wallet to save my coins, MEW offer a lot of stress including phishing site, also hackers can easily steal your investments.
Your tokens stole can not be recovered anymore, because any transaction made is irreversible.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:12:00 AM

My ether wallet is definetely not safe, you could lose your money many times before, if you want to use it still, connect with ledger nano s or download its offline version that is not fully safe but better than using it directly.
It depend how users fully secured their wallet, the site itself still safe the problem is how we deal with securities, if we follow those instructions from the site and we make extra precautions then our investment are still secured but if we just simply use it and not do anything extra then hackers will be able to attack and take away our money.
Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:21:18 AM

It depend how users fully secured their wallet, the site itself still safe the problem is how we deal with securities, if we follow those instructions from the site and we make extra precautions then our investment are still secured but if we just simply use it and not do anything extra then hackers will be able to attack and take away our money.
We might think that the site isn't safe for the main time, but you're right that it depends with us on how we keep our securities confidentially. Keeping the private keys safe you shouldn't expose it online like with the email you had. Offline file like saving it in the excel file in your offline storage can be the best options to do. Mew definitely a 50:50 ratio when we talk about safety.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄