Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:59:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: problem with my hd7950  (Read 4975 times)
asdlolciterquit (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:25:12 PM

Use this and tell me what you get:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinium.org:3336  -g 1 --thread-concurrency 22400  -I 20 

always the same error
If i use greater value i have this error--->
maximum buffer memory device 0 supports says 536870912
your script setting come to 1468006400
error -61 ...decrease TC or increase LG.
failed to init GPU thread 0 disagling device 0

i can't use tc values so high Sad

P.S: i used an other pool..
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:32:50 PM

Don't play with the lookup gap, it's not a variable that you're supposed to mess with.

You don't seem to be trying enough variations of thread concurrency.

Only run one GPU thread with your 7950, otherwise you will always have hardware errors above 13 intensity.

cgminer doesn't 'come with opencl', it compiles kernels that speak the language of opencl. OpenCL is part of the standard AMD drivers (APP specifically) and has been for a good while now. You normally only need the SDK for development or kernel analysis.

i don't know what to say...

until now in any setting that i've used i've always had HW error with above 13 intensity. I see non changes with  one or two GPU thread, i see  non changes with every values of TC i ever tried.

What values of TC should i try??? Values above 8192 are impossible to me.. Sad

It's, insane!! throughout this day my hashrate decrease from 500kh/s to 400kh/s without any changes. ANY. It doesn't make any sense!!
donatel99

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

For MSI R7950, I get 600kh/s and 70c constant temp with (I have a little help from the -20c outside temperature):

set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
cgminer.exe --scrypt -I 20 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1400 --no-submit-stale

You should also unlock MSI afterburner :

1st - Dowload the latest MSI AfterBurner link located in Update above and install.
2nd - Locate the folder where MSI Afterburner installed to, open it, and locate the CFG file named MSIAfterburner. When you 1st dbl click this file it will ask you what program you want to use to open it, choose "Notepad" and click "ok" Once you have the MSIAfterburner CFG file open in notepad you need to change a couple of settings near the bottom:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 (to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path)<--Do not type this, just for reference I have mine set to = 1

After you have made these changes, DO NOT forget to click "file" and "save" before exiting notepad, or your changes will not take into effect!"
donatel99

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:02:36 PM

Also, I forgot to mention, put the del *.bin at top of command to remove previous scrypts. Like this:

del *.bin
cgminer.exe --scrypt -I 20 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1400 --no-submit-stale

Also, I found out using cgminer 3.1.1 is a lot more stable than 3.7.2, since I use 3.1.1 I get more hashing power... and now my rigs never freezes!
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:52:47 PM

For MSI R7950, I get 600kh/s and 70c constant temp with (I have a little help from the -20c outside temperature):

You should also unlock MSI afterburner :

1st - Dowload the latest MSI AfterBurner link located in Update above and install.
2nd - Locate the folder where MSI Afterburner installed to, open it, and locate the CFG file named MSIAfterburner. When you 1st dbl click this file it will ask you what program you want to use to open it, choose "Notepad" and click "ok" Once you have the MSIAfterburner CFG file open in notepad you need to change a couple of settings near the bottom:

UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1 (to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path)<--Do not type this, just for reference I have mine set to = 1

After you have made these changes, DO NOT forget to click "file" and "save" before exiting notepad, or your changes will not take into effect!"

first of all, thx for the reply.

i have some questions:
1)what's the difference between set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT and setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT lines? i only have used setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT = 100...  Huh

2)my vc is already OC with MSI afterburn, but i didn't changed .cgf file, i did everything by menu. Anyways, i check MSIAfterburner.cfg and i see that UnofficialOverclockingMode is already set to 1, but there is no setting for UnofficialOverclockingEULA. I tried to set it = 1, but when i save it says that i have no autorization to save it...i don't know why. I'm running win 7 64 bit as administrator...

now my clock are: mem@1600, engine@1020
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:54:38 PM

Also, I forgot to mention, put the del *.bin at top of command to remove previous scrypts. Like this:

del *.bin

Also, I found out using cgminer 3.1.1 is a lot more stable than 3.7.2, since I use 3.1.1 I get more hashing power... and now my rigs never freezes!

now i'm little confused. I have to start cgmier everytime with a prompt and write that line before?

P.S: i will try cgminer 3.1.1, thx!
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:31:25 PM

i noticed an other thing: if my cpu is at 100% my hashrate slowly decrease until it's more or less 15/20% lower.

anybody can tell me why?
darksoft

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:07:50 PM

1)what's the difference between set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT and setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT lines? i only have used setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT = 100...  Huh

is correct, the other is not
mgoldfinger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396495.msg4279845#msg4279845

mgoldfinger

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:27:57 PM

ohh, and if you keep running low TC (e.g. 8000 something) set -g 2 and -I 13

not ideal, but better than nothing
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:30:43 PM

thanks everyone.

@mgoldfinger: very usefull link!
titolr10

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Did you solve your porlbem?

If not, try to reinstal your drivers (with restart) and then run CMD with admin rights, use both setx 100 and 1 lines, then exit cmd and run it once again!

Now try the very basic cgminer config with pool adress, user and password, and -I 19. Dont use thread, gpu, nothing, only -I 19.
Tell me what you have Smiley
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:09:03 AM

i decided to format my pc and to do a fresh istall.

All i get is:
1)my gpu's driver crash if i use 1100 core clock, frequency that worked fine before the format.
2)SAME exacly situation, (can't use I> 13 etc etc) but lower hash/rate because point 1).

NO COMMENT!

what should i do? an other fresh istall?
elgeo

Activity: 200

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:39:53 AM

Your thread concurrency is way too low. Try 25984.

Here is the cgminer.conf which gets all 3 of my 7950s up to 655kh all day long:

{
"pools" : [
    {
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.pool.url:3333",
        "user" : "user",
        "pass" : "password"
    },
    {
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool.pool.url:3333",
        "user" : "user",
        "pass" : "password"
    }
]
"intensity" : "18,18,18",
"vectors" : "1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "0,0,0",
"thread-concurrency" : "25984,25984,25984",
"shaders" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-engine" : "0-0,0-0,0-0",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85,0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85,85",
"temp-target" : "75,75,75",
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "30",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

it is now low at all... all my 7900 and r9280x cards has the same , 8192 and 13 intensity.
Try to mind correct cpu and memory speed. this helped me

I don't have a signature because I'm not a customary person.
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:30:39 PM

Obvously you don't have enough memory. In order to increase TC you have to have enough memory usable for windows. I bet you run Win 32bit which gives only 3GB that is insufficient, or otherwise have some other computer configuration that does not allow to use enough memory.

All i get is:
1)my gpu's driver crash if i use 1100 core clock, frequency that worked fine before the format.
2)SAME exacly situation, (can't use I> 13 etc etc) but lower hash/rate because point 1).

NO COMMENT!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:28:04 PM

Obvously you don't have enough memory. In order to increase TC you have to have enough memory usable for windows. I bet you run Win 32bit which gives only 3GB that is insufficient, or otherwise have some other computer configuration that does not allow to use enough memory.

All i get is:

NO COMMENT!

i run win 7 64 bit with 4gb ddr2 1066mhz...

i thought that my ram was enought: how can i check if i have some "bad ram configuration"?

i also noticed an other thing: when my cpu is at 100%, cgminer works bad: hash rate decrease and my gpu load decrease from 98/99% to 80/90%. Can this be connected with my other cgminer problems?
alrachid

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Just another man trying to find his way.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

Thanks to the helpful responses I solved a similar issue that I was having. Thank you all that contributed.

Make Money To Buy Crypto By Doing Online Surveys! http://bit.ly/2pDUMPJ
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:08:17 PM

Just add more memory and you will be able to increase TC and then intensity. Also, sometimes windows uses less memory than available because of the settings in bios.

All i get is:

NO COMMENT!

i thought that my ram was enought: how can i check if i have some "bad ram configuration"?

i also noticed an other thing: when my cpu is at 100%, cgminer works bad: hash rate decrease and my gpu load decrease from 98/99% to 80/90%. Can this be connected with my other cgminer problems?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:18:17 PM

Just add more memory and you will be able to increase TC and then intensity. Also, sometimes windows uses less memory than available because of the settings in bios.

All i get is:

NO COMMENT!

thx!

2 questions:
1)which setting can i check?
2)which is the relationship between TC and intensity? i mean, with lower TC is sure that i can't use high value of intensity?
dtman101

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:18:23 AM

Spent days with your same problem. It ended up mainly being memory clock and thread concurrency.
This is getting me 675kh/s:
Core:1160
Memory:1550

cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://server.com:3333 -u user.name -p password -w 256 -g 1 --lookup-gap 2 -I 19 --thread-concurrency 21712 --gpu-powertune 20
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: