Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:04:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Issues  (Read 257 times)
yaaansi (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:44:25 PM

Have you ever encountered some issues or bad experience with one of the famous ERC20 Wallet which is MyEtherWallet ? or is't just being bashed by others ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
czhen

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:14:12 PM

I've felt the same way I've felt hacked and lost 1 ethereum and I feel the loss and make emotions in a few days
FillJaS

Activity: 156
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:30:58 PM

I use MyEtherWallet and have not had problems yet.
But more and more I see a message about burglaries and loss of funds from the account.
We need to study more safety information. So far, there is not a lot of coins on my balance sheet, and I'm not afraid to lose it, but in the future I would not want to lose money.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:58:34 AM

Have you ever encountered some issues or bad experience with one of the famous ERC20 Wallet which is MyEtherWallet ? or is't just being bashed by others ?
Yes ! there are lots of issues that i'd already encounter in using MEW but it's just a common issues that anyone already encountered too.
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:27:54 AM

I use MyEtherWallet and have not had problems yet.
But more and more I see a message about burglaries and loss of funds from the account.
We need to study more safety information. So far, there is not a lot of coins on my balance sheet, and I'm not afraid to lose it, but in the future I would not want to lose money.
Well this is a good plan for your future safety, When I first set-up my Mew i don't care when it gets hacked, but as long as I am using it and having a balance usually erc20 tokens, I am now worried and get take extra precaution especially when the Phishing attack scenario on MEW, now I downloaded a browser extension called MEW download it here, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/metamask/nkbihfbeogaeaoehlefnkodbefgpgknn, to avoid being redirected to phishing site and get yourself secured.
Follow this steps in order access your mew USING MEtamask.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:34:04 AM

ill never experience bad thing using myetherwallet ill never been hacked. But i already hear one issue in my friend after he recieve payment from the bounty the amount recieve is move to other address which is we cannot explain how this things happen.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 05:40:47 AM

Are you sure that your computers were not compromised?
Some people use their PC for torrents, gaming, cracked programmes, and transactions. Are you one of them?
I would like an answer from people who lost their money with MEW.
I'm using MEW offline without any problem.
Azna Azhar

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:37:49 AM

So far I have not found a problem about it, and hopefully it does not happen. Many are talking that MEW is now unsafe and many are hacked, so I take steps to increase its security.
snapee11

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:51:43 AM

MEW is still safe but we can not really expect for it to be a perfect one.
Dewi89

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:03:51 AM

I've had a bad experience, because I accidentally registered the form by filling the private keys and until now the ETH address is still in use by others to steal every incoming token
HungryTigerGrouchyCrotch

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

I am using my ledger nano to connect to my ethereum wallet, but yes, sometime there is a bug or website is lagging, but have no problem with security.

steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:10:44 AM

Never had issues..but you have to bear in mind that being probably the most used and famous wallet it is also going to be the most target by scammers / hackers. So learn about phishing/scamming techniques and if you pay attention you should not encounter any problem
WhoAmAi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:14:05 AM

As long as I use myetherwallet there is no Issues. everything is fine. But it seems myetherwallet currently increases GAS, it needs a lot of GAS for token transfers from myetherwallet
marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:14:24 AM

I have not yet encountered any issue with MEW. Only a little bit problem with MEW just like it takes the more time right now to open and sync to the MEW wallet.

The majority of people lost their amount in the MEW caused by the hacked case.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:14:57 AM

Never had issues..but you have to bear in mind that being probably the most used and famous wallet it is also going to be the most target by scammers / hackers. So learn about phishing/scamming techniques and if you pay attention you should not encounter any problem

Yeah for example last DNS attack could cause many people problems, but always check website link and certificate validity.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:23:18 AM

I have not yet encountered any issue with MEW. Only a little bit problem with MEW just like it takes the more time right now to open and sync to the MEW wallet.

The majority of people lost their amount in the MEW caused by the hacked case.
That's the problem, the hacked made this wallet got some issue, I think if you will just take care of your wallet then you are safe and don't need to worry about this problem, only those who didn't bothered to to investigate and study how to secure their assets will be victimized by hackers who really waiting for opportunities to take advantage and get an easy money to rob.
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:27:12 AM

i dont have issues about or problems with myetherwallet. the websites encountered some problems before like DNS hacking alot of users got phished and got their ether or token stolen. there's no issue about the wallet itself its perfect if there's a issue then its the user problem.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 08:45:28 AM

I don't, my first hand experience with myetherwallet up until now is smooth. Myetherewallet is not a perfect wallet and with negligence of its owner's security it is very possible for it to be hacked but those instances are not to be blamed by its system.

DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:22:17 AM

I am using MyEtherWallet for a year now and never experience an issue with it. They are getting bash because of the recent DNS attack from some of their servers which created a huge loss from those victims. We have to keep in mind that we are using MEW for free and it is our responsible to take care of our altcoins. MEW never missed to provide precautions when visiting their website and it is still advisable to put a large of altcoins to a hard wallet, not to an online wallets which are prone to hackers.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:28:27 AM

Myetherwallet don't have any issue but scammers and hackers do wrong things with people and hack their accounts.

Recently DNS attack makes a scam of lot of ETH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: