Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet Issues  (Read 262 times)
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:31:33 AM

Have you ever encountered some issues or bad experience with one of the famous ERC20 Wallet which is MyEtherWallet ? or is't just being bashed by others ?

Never... as long as I use Myetherwallet, I never get the problem. It's fine. has been 1,5 years I use it but nothing problem like hack and token stolen in my wallet MEW. Ever and many cases of token theft was due to the users themselves who neglected. like; sharing the private key, never check the DNS and other mistakes.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
ckcharlie

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:32:36 AM

No problems with MEW however I'm using it with a ledger hardware wallet. It's really the only way to go for safety and security. The hardware wallet keeps all my MEW coins safe.
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

The only problem MEW had was with DNS google hacked some weeks ago..  but if you use metamask ot etherlockup chrome extensions you don't have any prolblems...
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:34:55 AM

Have you ever encountered some issues or bad experience with one of the famous ERC20 Wallet which is MyEtherWallet ? or is't just being bashed by others ?
I've encountered a small issue when connecting my nano ledger to mew but after a few tries i can access the wallet just fine, i don't have any problem with phising site because i bookmark it and always check the domain when i use it. It's just people being too careless with their money, they have full control of it but they don't bother to check or understand how thing works.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rackam

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:37:48 AM

The only problem MEW had was with DNS google hacked some weeks ago..  but if you use metamask ot etherlockup chrome extensions you don't have any prolblems...
But with metamask your ethereim wallet (private key) can´t be attacked and abused? I mean for example when you install addon with malware?

shiningstar

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

The only concern i have with mew is regarding the dns hijack a few weeks ago, i mean it's not the user fault if they fall into that kind of hack as they typed the website address correctly. Other than that i don't have any problem with it, it's great to use as you can add a lot of custom token, set the gas price etc. They will be better if they can set to send the coin on x block though.

AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:46:11 AM

With MEW, there was no problem.The main thing to observe the rules of caution, check links, for this you can use bookmarks or extensions for the browser.Be sure to check the end address of the recipient, the first and last characters, there are viruses that change the buffer.
Nilupulie

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:54:39 AM

I use myetherwallet and there is no issues yet. Please do not give your passwords or private keys to anyone and always keep it in a safest place. It is important to book mark your myether wallet website and always log from there. As a additional security method install the metamask and after all no need to put your myether wallet password or private keys. Do not give log on from unrecognized websites since there are so many phishing websites.
gaponya

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:56:34 AM

So this wallet really had a problem, but everything has already got established, it is a very convenient wallet, it wanted to break the hackers and to some extent they succeeded but now the problem is disposed of!
yaaansi (OP)

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

I've had a bad experience, because I accidentally registered the form by filling the private keys and until now the ETH address is still in use by others to steal every incoming token

I have done that mistake also, good thing is that Im just starting that time and I got no balance. Did you report that incident to your bounty manager enable for them to delete your info ?
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:08:28 AM

If someone has gotten a hold of your private key and is using it to access and steal your coins then you should be working on not using that wallet any more and with myetherwallet it does not even take up to a minute to get a new wallet.  Get a new one and wherever you  know that coins might be coming from the you should contact them and change the wallet with them so you do not keep losing your coins.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
vanthu12

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:59:51 PM

I have never had a problem with my MEW wallet, but lately there are issues related to hacking MEW, I am worried about my property
hidrocop

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:50:21 PM

I use myetherwallet only when transferring, transfer does not work today. Too many problems are happening in myetherwallet
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:13:00 PM

So far so good.... I have bookmark it during the first time I open it according to everyone advice about the site comparison on real site and phishing one...

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Anhduc2015

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:32:34 AM

I have not encountered any problems using my MEW wallet. Although lately there are quite a lot of issues related to wallets MEW.
Hue Moon

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:23:26 PM

I have never had a problem with my MEW wallet, but also because there are so many problems with my MEW wallet
Jamboo30

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:10:14 PM

MEW is the famous wallet to store ETH and ERC-20 token. I used this wallet in a long time when i know about the crypto and invest in it. Recently, many report about this MEW's issue: Fake DNS and link the fake link to MEW to steal the private key, steal private key of MEW through HOLA fake IP extension, Fake Metamask issue in Chrome Store when the real Metamask temorarily removed.... Please be aware with scammers, they are everywhere.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: