Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook makes its own coin, will it be selling in the market?  (Read 470 times)
addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:59:28 PM

Is this fake news? lol! I have read news in cnbc or forbes (can't recall) about facebook exploring the blockchain technology to help it run its services. But I didn't read about creating their own coins or token. As far as I remember, facebook have created a small team to focus on research on how this new blockchain technology will make their company advantageous among other advertisers. The news even tell that facebook will not offer an ICO, and the result could be realize next year. Sometime when a message is passed on to another, there could be a little unintentional editing happen.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:00:09 PM

While prohibiting cryptocurrency ads or digital currency circulating on the platform, does not mean Facebook is really anti with bitcoin and the like.

Facebook reportedly preparing to make its own virtual currency, although not yet known when the official was announced.
https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2018/05/14/11440097/facebook-bakal-buat-mata-uang-digital-sendiri
What the Facebook cryptocurrency aims to do, is to allow users to make transactions between each other within the platform, so if you have something to sell or want to buy something you could easily do it through Facebook, i personally would not use it because it will allow room for scammer and people who would up the price of the products, this would only seem good for digital products only,
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:06:31 PM

Business is a business. Facebook is one of the main reason of some ICO's success. It gives way to reach the peak through promoting in Facebook without any payment. Facebook is a great help to ICO's that succeed already and possible the project that will plan to enter crypto. This new prospect of project think about Facebook as one of the target to advertise their ideas. For the dev of Facebook much better to put something new in order to earn more profit through their works in social media by promotion. Facebook own coin is possible in the future. I did not see any harmful but mostly harmless.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:27:04 PM

finger crossed. I hope to see maybe this is true probably the coin will be used as a mode of payment for ads placement on the website instead of credit card and paypal which we know before. However, if this is true I can see a major success because of the previous success of Facebook with Whatsapp. however, facebook maybe revisit their privacy by allowing some crypto related ads on their platform but the whole thing boil down to maybe the information is true or just a hoax like coinbase ripple ish.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:53:43 PM

facebook own coin wont be sold in market they will be using it as payment processor i suppose but they will develop blockchain in big way
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:42:42 AM

While prohibiting cryptocurrency ads or digital currency circulating on the platform, does not mean Facebook is really anti with bitcoin and the like.

Facebook reportedly preparing to make its own virtual currency, although not yet known when the official was announced.
https://tekno.kompas.com/read/2018/05/14/11440097/facebook-bakal-buat-mata-uang-digital-sendiri

but they banned cryptocurrency on their social media few months ago ?
if facebook create their own cryptocurrency, then why they ban crypto from their platform ?
weird  Cheesy

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:46:17 AM

I don't think FB will ever be anti-bitcoin. IMO, they're going to make an impact on cryptocurrency in one way or another.
salintheonline

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:23:35 AM

If Facebook does launch a coin, it would probably have the highest circulation of any virtual currency, with a potential market of over two billion users.Facebook has toyed with virtual currencies before, with features like Facebook Credits, which was used  for in-app purchases in games like Farmville. However, the currency never took off and was eventually abandoned.
Hopeful2017

Activity: 238

Greentoken-invest in ecology

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:33:12 AM

Knowing the market of Facebook- which is worldwide-, its developed coin will also be a globally accepted and successful one. Facebook is alsoone of the multi-billion company and it has the avbility to sustain its coin, if ever,. It has also a great team and reputable company.

CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:37:21 AM

If this will push through, I believe facebook coin will be a huge success. If we try to look at the market size of facebook, advertisers and even those users, it has really a very large community. If this happens, adverstisers will have to purchase facebook coin as a payment and even users have to do it to purchase some products in facebook. I will certainly invest in that coin if that will really push through.
Renal

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:40:03 AM

Social media like facebook is really prohibit bitcoin and in this day is also the same thing where facebook will launch its own cryptocurrency and this becomes confused because before the question whether this will work like thread you created I am not sure yet.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:41:11 AM

If ever facebook would make its own ICO most provably it will be a very successful one because there are many facebook users all over the world. And they can ban other ICOs to be posted on FB too.  Grin

The question would be what will be the role of this token/coin to facebook users?

Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:13:47 AM

Blockhain has a decentralized records storage system. This system is believed to help facebook out of its problems lately such as identity verification or advertising sales.

If that's true, i think many will be interested in its pre ico, will invited many investor of course.

RareFortune

Activity: 602
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:35:56 AM

Blockhain has a decentralized records storage system. This system is believed to help facebook out of its problems lately such as identity verification or advertising sales.

If that's true, i think many will be interested in its pre ico, will invited many investor of course.

You have a point but I don't think that they will run an ICO because facebook is known to public and had a big popularity across the world so maybe large companies or rich person's will fund these ideas because they know that there will be a good profit from it.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:49:46 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 06:59:35 AM by Ararbermas

That's a great news! Facebook is used by millions of people everyday. Through Facebook, Bitcoin will get exposure and popularity and more people will be interested to invest in this field.
yes that what I'm saying also which is it's a big help to promote other crypto in the market even bitcoin it's a big help also to acknowledge that bitcoin isn't a ponzi 'cause we all knows  that most people nowadays think that bitcoin is a scam because of some scammer people on facebook that promote bitcoin in a bad ways which is the common reason why some of people declined to invest on it. And in my view there will be a massive demand in the market if facebook create their own crypto currencies not just in one crypto what i mean perhaps  Eth,  and other alt will grow also if that times happen.  
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:27:39 AM

I've already heard this few months ago, and I think this is true, maybe because Facebook wants to stop advertising some altcoins maybe because this is the reason, they are making their own coins. We all know that Facebook is the best way to advertise something and I think that it is also the best for them to make their own coin because they already have Facebook to promote it.
Jess KaKa

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:33:18 AM

If the large large to the calls, the games will be going to many many in the year to. And me expected this. Facebook is an toàn thương mại but the following the information on the personal information to override that will be changed. They will use blockchain, it tin that.
 Grin
maniabireta

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:37:50 AM

If so so then it will greatly help the fans facebook when they use Facebook is not just playing social media but also able to get money from social media.
it is able to raise facebook not only as a communication tool only
Jaslinbor28

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:45:25 PM

Yes I also think Facebook is not against bitcoin. They banned crypto related ads to start with a fresh plan. I think Facebook will bring their own coin and it might be imposed the system of payment over facebook. And I hope they will sure start selling their coin in exchanges.
xandriel

Activity: 586
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:01:13 PM

blockchain is the new technology of the world and no corporation can deny that. I believe that after develop success fully, Facebook will list its coin in the market

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀