Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover my lost bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 818 times)
BRC community (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:13:57 PM

People that time didn't expect bitcoin to be with huge value. To them it was just a play virtual money even after the price went up and now that they have seen it become serious and its even advertised on ball games,  they are reminded of the wallet they did back then. Too late though because if they lost the priv key and they forget the password then its lost forever.

If you lost your privatekey, there is no way to recover it,if you have your wallet.dat and lost your password, maybe if you put a weak password, you can bruteforce it.BTCBTCBTCBTC
BRC community (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 04:23:52 PM by BRC community

Be very careful about downloading this unknown software. It is probably malware.

It's safe and I have tested it.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:49:32 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 11:00:30 PM by odolvlobo

Be very careful about downloading this unknown software. It is probably malware.

Unfortunately, you have no credibility here.

You, iceylm, and peterstrong007 are all newbies and every post the three of you have made on this board so far have only been to promote this download.

It smells like scam to me.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
iceylm

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:09:52 AM

Unfortunately, you have no credibility here.

You, iceylm, and peterstrong007 are all newbies and every post the three of you have made on this board so far have only been to promote this download.

It smells like scam to me.
It's not scam.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:16:10 AM

If you lost your private key then it will recovery is very difficult. I think I hope no have ways to recover.private key and password it my another assets. I don't forget it.

cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:53:54 AM

People who can't remember their Bitcoin wallet passwords are really freaking out now,and not all early cryptocurrency enthusiasts are counting their coins. Instead they might be racking their brains trying to remember their wallet passwords, without which those few Bitcoins they bought as an experiment a few years ago could be locked away forever. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year,and my friend recommend this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I used it last month,in fact,it really works after I used it,and I instantly knew that other people may face the same issue,so I recommend it to your guys.

Some people maybe had confusion that bad guys have the chance to steal their wallet money when the software decrypt the password, but this software can operate without a network so that users can protect their’ confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money. and you can make you computers offline all the time until the password was obtained,and until the coins has been transferred ,then make the computer connect the Internet,and I had retrieved my password through it,hopefully it can help you.

Good luck to your guys.

I didn't experience that so I don't know how it is. Actually all of the user here didn't know it because it's hard to recover it. They said that no one had been recover they bitcoin wallet password and they only accepting that it's gone.
Theo222

Activity: 449

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:02:15 AM

its hard to recover the password of your wallet if you dont have any 2nd password. i have my friend who forgot his private keys and until now he cant access his account he has morethan 2bitcoin in his wallet sad to say the will be there for more years.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:13:35 AM

I think the primary purpose of this post is this link.
Bright names, stories about friends and other things are indicators of a scam site.
Stop recommending this sites.

No one can help you if you forget the entire password or your seed.
Can only help you if you remember part of the password and the password was easy.

I agree, since there are a lot of scammers out there most specially hackers with advance skills, the use of those links might only trigger for brute force entry, since you will be giving away your information, sad to hear that there are people who will use others ignorance just to take their money, one of the rules in entering crypto currency is to never loose your keys, if loose them, there is no way that you can retrieve your password or the password you are using is too weak, 2fa is reccomended for crypto users, so the only person that will have access is the owner, but these sites only seem to be legitimate phishing sites, for sure, you will need to use your e-mail, provide your wallet address, and then some hints that you might use for your keys, the use of these sites is not reccomended, hopefully a lot will be aware.
BRC community (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:02:06 AM

If you lost your private key then it will recovery is very difficult. I think I hope no have ways to recover.private key and password it my another assets. I don't forget it.

If you have your private key but forget your password,you still have chance to retrieve your wallet password
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:25:25 AM

If you are storing your bitcoins on a wallet with private keys then you can use those private keys to access your wallet even without the password. But if you created a wallet but you do not have the private key because you created your wallet on a website that hosts a bitcoin wallet then all you need to do is to contact  their support.
I think you are confusing a private key which really cannot be restored nor cracked with the use of any software, with a passphrase protecting a wallet in Bitcoin Core which (when forgotten) usually is just a word or a phrase chosen by the user and with a dedicated software it may be cracked fairly easy.

Of course, do that on an offline machine ALWAYS. Otherwise, the moment it is cracked, you may see all your bitcoins gone.
abiola1

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:50:14 PM

To regain access to a Bitcoin wallet, you need the latest copy of your wallet file, at least an idea of what the password is, a computer with a super-fast CPU, a list of potential passwords, and time and patience.
sikaola

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:21:45 AM

You have full information of the wallet, you can send support to the support staff
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:29:29 AM

To regain access to a Bitcoin wallet, you need the latest copy of your wallet file, at least an idea of what the password is, a computer with a super-fast CPU, a list of potential passwords, and time and patience.
Actually the passwords that people choose for themselves (not generate, but choose) are very very weak. I have read articles detailing how it is practically impossible for a human to choose a strong passwords. As an example: people when they can see a rule "your password must contain at least one digit and special character" just append to their favorite word a single digit and an exclamation sign or their birthday year. It is just a question of minutes for a dedicated software to crack such passwords. This is why I think that in general, passphrases for wallet.dat files can be cracked fairly easily with dedicated software (provided they have not been generated for instance with KeyPass - in that case, it may be very very hard to crack it).

disclaimer: my knowledge comes just from reading articles on this topic, I have never actually attempted it myself.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:04:21 AM

There is no other way of recovering your wallet password other than making use of your private keys or contacting the wallet and doing the necessary things.

They will maybe ask you to give a video or something with your ID proof on it using third party sites it's incredibly risky.

It will cause misuse of your existing private key that you have and maybe you won't be ever getting your Bitcoins back

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Kurukungkwang

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:10:24 AM

People that time didn't expect bitcoin to be with huge value. To them it was just a play virtual money even after the price went up and now that they have seen it become serious and its even advertised on ball games,  they are reminded of the wallet they did back then. Too late though because if they lost the priv key and they forget the password then its lost forever.

To recover the lost bitcoin wallet password, we ask the permission of BM that we want to change our lost  bitcoin password.
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:34:07 AM

The most important to do if we lost our Bitcoin wallet password first we ask the permission of BM before we change our lost bitcoin password.
Walter_Zink

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:35:35 AM

Many people have tried many ways to restore Bitcoin, but so far few policies have come up when you forget your password, many thanks to the intervention of the administrator.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:48:54 AM

People who can't remember their Bitcoin wallet passwords are really freaking out now,and not all early cryptocurrency enthusiasts are counting their coins. Instead they might be racking their brains trying to remember their wallet passwords, without which those few Bitcoins they bought as an experiment a few years ago could be locked away forever. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year,and my friend recommend this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I used it last month,in fact,it really works after I used it,and I instantly knew that other people may face the same issue,so I recommend it to your guys.

Some people maybe had confusion that bad guys have the chance to steal their wallet money when the software decrypt the password, but this software can operate without a network so that users can protect their’ confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money. and you can make you computers offline all the time until the password was obtained,and until the coins has been transferred ,then make the computer connect the Internet,and I had retrieved my password through it,hopefully it can help you.

Good luck to your guys.

if you have your private key stored, you're always good. But using third party services and not storing your private key can end up in losing the funds forever. Happened to me as well

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
yohan09

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:58:48 AM

If bitcoin wallet password was lost, I think, you can't do anything, just move on, and learn from mistakes, To avoid this things may happen, Take time to write down or provide hard copy of your password and keep it on the safer place to avoid reoocurrence of same mistake.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:59:06 PM

Is this really to help people that forgot their private key, seed, password or what ever it is to access their Bitcoin or it is just to advertise your website? because I have seen similar name as yours that posted this on services announcement board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3349753.0 and can you explain how this thing will work if there is no possible way to retrieve/recover a private key or seed if you don't have any backup of it. It is possible if you are using a third party wallet, you can just contact them to recover your Bitcoins. You should at least give some detailed procedure on how to use it. I haven't tried it yet and I don't want to click the link OP had provided because it might be some kind of a phishing site.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: