Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:18:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My bitcoins are gone!  (Read 793 times)
Hippyjew (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:07:57 PM

I moved my multibit from one hard drive to another, just by drag-dropping, and my bitcoins are gone.. I have tried the support stuff on multibit and I have gone on block chain also, and on block chain my coins are still there but I do not know how to retrieve them back into my own possession. How do I sort this out? Are they gone forever? Sad
usamakhalid961

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Keep smiling

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:13:12 PM

I moved my multibit from one hard drive to another, just by drag-dropping, and my bitcoins are gone.. I have tried the support stuff on multibit and I have gone on block chain also, and on block chain my coins are still there but I do not know how to retrieve them back into my own possession. How do I sort this out? Are they gone forever? Sad

so sad

For sell
just 0.01 btc per year
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:17:20 PM

Did you move the wallet.dat file over?
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:40:28 PM

Oh dear that doesn't sound good.

Do you still have the original wallet.dat file as this is where the coins are stored?
grimatsas1

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:49:06 PM

they are on the .dat file maybe
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:36:13 PM

I moved my multibit . . .
Did you move the wallet.dat file over?

Oh dear that doesn't sound good.

Do you still have the original wallet.dat file as this is where the coins are stored?

they are on the .dat file maybe

Huh

I don't think MultiBit has a wallet.dat file.

Are you intentionally giving misleading information or do you just have no idea what you're talking about, so you just make stuff up?

If you're going to give advice, please at least make an effort to know what you're talking about and try to give useful advice.  Otherwise you're just adding to all the other spam, junk, and ridiculous noise in this forum.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:40:08 PM

The files you need to make sure that you included when you copied to the new hard drive are:
saving.wallet
saving.info

Here is more information about the MultiBit files:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_fileDescriptions.html
popinjay

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:51:31 PM

Did you look into the multi bit site or FAQ?
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:52:33 PM

The files you need to make sure that you included when you copied to the new hard drive are:
saving.wallet
saving.info

edit nevermind your right...

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:04:32 PM

saving.wallet
saving.info

edit nevermind your right...

Grin

I'm not above making mistakes, but at least I make an effort to understand what I'm saying before I say it. (Unlike many around here that just echo words they've heard elsewhere without paying attention to whether or not they apply to the problem being described).
Hippyjew (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:37:05 PM

I kind of just copied the entire multibit folder over, i didn't know if i had to do anything else on top of that. I figured everything involved with multibit would just move over when i transferred the entire folder that i downloaded over.
Hippyjew (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:29:13 AM

Okay so I have made progress, I found the original files etc in appdata > roaming, but i can't access these files through multibit, as in, I can't open them from multibit. I have found the keybackup, rollingbackup etc..
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:35:49 AM

Have you already tried this? Use GOOGLE

Moving a wallet to different directory
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html

BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:07:46 AM

so how would I make a copy of my wallet for back up and not move it? Thanks

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
mypeter_2

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:14:01 AM

have you recovered teh bitcoins? man, those babies are very hard to play with, high tech stuff ,should have done something to improve the usability. Roll Eyes
usamakhalid961

Activity: 238

Keep smiling

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:43:54 AM

That is why i use online wallets

For sell
just 0.01 btc per year
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:13:41 AM

Not necessarily sad however that's not really a good time to contact the support, it's christmas day.
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:20:25 AM

so how would I make a copy of my wallet for back up and not move it? Thanks
Make a copy of you wallet.dat file and store it somewhere safe. Even better store it to multiple locations and keep it safe.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: