Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Cooking --Recipes--  (Read 354 times)
player01 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:39:32 PM

I am looking for good recipes for Fruitcake and Twice-baked Potatoes.

I will share a couple good ones from my stash of proven winning recipes.

French Silk Pie

8 inch baked pie shell
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 (1 oz) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 eggs

Cream butter in mixer, Gradually add sugar, continue to mix until thoroughly combined with a smooth appearance.
Blend in chocolate and Vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 5 minutes after each egg, spoon into pie shell. Serve with whipped cream or cool whip on top.

Caramel Corn

1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
Roasted peanuts to taste (optional)

1/4 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 cups of popped popcorn (unflavored)

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high (1000W) for 4 minutes, stirring halfway through. Place popcorn in large paper grocery bag. Mix in the Vanilla and baking soda in the bowl (now filled with caramel) Pour caramel immediately into the paper bag, overtop of the popcorn. Close the bag and shake vigorously, (we usually pass the bag from one person to the next) put the bag into the microwave  for 3 minutes 30 seconds, stop the microwave and repeat shaking every 45 seconds until the buzzer sounds. Spread onto 2 large baking sheets to cool, wait 2 minutes to form into balls if you serve it that way, otherwise let cool and store in air-tight container.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: