Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:50:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyft now accepting Bitcoin - Just made first purchase  (Read 2476 times)
rqdxrocket (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:44:14 PM

Hello,

In case anyone doesn't know, Gyft.com is now accepting Bitcoin.  I signed in under my facebook on the Iphone app as well as the website. I just purchased a $10 Burger King giftcard for a test and it was actually a pleasant experience.  Very easy to use and the transaction was painless.  Purchased it on their website and it showed up on my Iphone app within seconds, so all I need to do is go to Burger King and try it out.  No need to wait for any confirmations on the network which is a plus!!

I would recommend others to try as well

BTW this is my 100 post  Smiley

Thanks
rqdxrocket (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:50:00 PM

Update I guess they have been accepting it for a while now, so I guess I am late to the party  Undecided
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:43:27 PM

They have a Christmas Eve special too...

Earn 4% Points Back On All Bitcoin Purchases. Today Only.
rqdxrocket (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:53:57 PM

They have a Christmas Eve special too...

Earn 4% Points Back On All Bitcoin Purchases. Today Only.

Yes just realized that when I purchased the gift card
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:56:36 PM

I made my first purchase with bitcoin ever with them a few days ago. Feels great. Helping the btc ecosystem and supporting companies that use it.

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:59:19 PM

I bought 2 iPod 5th gens and a pair of beats headphones with btc using gyft, from target.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 08:51:08 PM

That's awesome now I won't have to worry so much if I want to go on a shopping spree with my Bitcoins if I make a nice sum Cheesy

Oh wait, god damnit does this mean if it's in the U.S and the dollar I can't use it? I'm going to have to check for any regional restrictions on these gift cards, damn, needs a mobile phone and stuff that I don't have Sad
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:22:08 PM

That's awesome now I won't have to worry so much if I want to go on a shopping spree with my Bitcoins if I make a nice sum Cheesy

Oh wait, god damnit does this mean if it's in the U.S and the dollar I can't use it? I'm going to have to check for any regional restrictions on these gift cards, damn, needs a mobile phone and stuff that I don't have Sad

I think most of the gift cards are for the US... but if you don't have a smart phone, you can print out a paper copy of the gift card.
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:25:00 PM

Im in the USA, and I used the gyft app in the store.  Took like 5 seconds.  No confirmations, nothing,  worked awesome.  You can literally open the app while in checkout line, and have the gift card code by the time the cashier rings the items.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:31:57 PM

Wow that's old news

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: