Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinex.pw - issues  (Read 780 times)
johnnybebitgood (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:01:01 PM

Seems Coinex doesn't get much mention here, maybe I am not looking in the right place. So this thread is for all those who have something to say about Coinex.pw. Here's my story:

Once a upon a time I thought Coinex was ok - they had issues but seemed to be making an effort to resolve them. They were responsive to support queries.  But today things changed.

During the recent blackout they appeared correct an balance issue after auditing, though never confirmed by them,  that the balance on one of my coin accounts was negative. This in self isn't an issue if that is in fact the case. I only withdrew what what coinex stated was in my account. But during this blackout they proceed to enter a trade on my behalf to rectify the issue. This trade was made at market rate which was about twice the going price for the coin in question.

Making trades on my behalf calls in question the integrity of the exchange itself. 

Coinex could have contact me and told me to correct the issue. They could at the same time detailed all my trades such that I could see for my self that it was in fact that I had a negative balance. But nope they unilateral created balancing trade (which wasn't even in the correct amount) and executed when the market was closed.

I have since taken all my coin out and will not keep any coins with Coinex for more time then is required.

Please share your experiences.
tobobit

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:33:40 AM

i can't withdraw coin or cancel my open orders even.

not the qualities I like to see in my exchanges.

Did they get hacked?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: