Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dogecoin ever be more than a joke?  (Read 5406 times)
CrazyEyes

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:10:45 PM

I hope it will survive, just because its a big fuck you in all this seriousness
asdgha

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:56:56 PM

I hope it will survive, just because its a big fuck you in all this seriousness
lol
Throestyle1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:57:45 PM

Its high on Cryptsy of .8 of a bitcoin on December 18 was quite a feat, so much so it took 6 hours for my wallet to be deposited

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE June 13 – July 7  ████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/
Boban3000

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:38:08 PM

have you ever seen the community under it?
lamontweaver

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 10:52:32 PM

I love the  fact that Doge upsets "serious" traders. I bought early and made some money of it, but long term, I worry for the coin. There are just too many of them and too many slumdog millionaires waiting to sell into any rise.

MrWoodridge

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:53:58 PM

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about developing a new crypto called "Buttcoin"
What do you all think?  Wink
You mine it by farting on your rig.

http://i41.tinypic.com/osx215.png
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:34:18 PM

@Lamontweaver You really have to get ready about them furthermore people are loosing trust for this altcoin.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:36:13 PM

Hey guys,
I'm thinking about developing a new crypto called "Buttcoin"
What do you all think?  Wink
You mine it by farting on your rig.

Haha I'm in. I'm sure somebody will eventually create this.
pao_de_lo
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 03:47:59 PM

Dogecoin is the future

such random   

much profit    wow   

many coin

------------------------
from Brazil.
No, I'm not going to the world cup.

carnival

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
-- HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
-- -- [SUCCESS
RAISE
.US$18mil+.]
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:51:09 PM

It's strange that there are a lot of alternative coins without worth or worth linked to BTC.
v1l3n1n2

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Looks like each hour is released new altcoin, most of them are just copycats, what the Devs are thinking about...
Bitconorama

Activity: 87

Just trust me.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:24:22 PM

If so - What incentive is there for someone new to cryptocurrencies to get into something like BTC? Mining is pretty much hopeless unless you are willing to spend tons on highly specialized mining rigs. Given the volatility in BTC value, investing USD to buy BTC is a financially dumb and risky move and pretty much amounts to gambling. So why/how should Joe Schmo get into BTC at this stage and how is it going to be in his interest to do so? From the outside looking in, it looks like all the early adopters want Joe Schmo and all his buddies to adopt BTC and invest money into it, so they can cash out and make their money.

Buying BTC is financially dumb? Amounts to gambling? ..what do you call investment in any capacity? You're judging Bitcoin by the individuals involved rather than the coin itself. Of course, the people buying into BTC are mostly speculative and driven by greed - the dream to get rich with little to no effort. So this causes you to call BTC a pyramid scheme?

Instead of looking at who is holding the coin, we should look at what Bitcoin, or more importantly, cryptocurrencies offer;
-Anyone can send money to anyone else, anywhere with no limitations, with no middle-men for little to no fee.
-Less risk for merchants having to deal with fraudulent charge-backs, & no payment processor fees to the merchant
-Protects against identity theft as it doesn't expose any of the customers' sensitive information the way credit cards do
-The ability of a globally accepted currency to reach places in which other payment systems are not established -or are corrupted
-Liberating from corrupt centralized agencies
-Entirely market driven; the value is set upon pure market conditions only
-It's secure (as secure as the initiative a person puts into securing their assets -requires responsibility) and it's transparent
-Naturally deflationary -encourages responsible spending, instead of gluttonous consumption
..and these are only from a strictly financial standpoint. They are capable of much more than merely a system of payment.

Pyramid Scheme? I'm sorry, but you don't understand what this is all about then. It may not be Bitcoin, it might be something else entirely -but cryptocurrencies will do to financial mediums of exchange what the Internet did to information gathering and sharing.
bojecht

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:30:38 PM

Dogecoin is a joke and very smart scam. Bagholders will cry. The real currency is Kittehcoin.
torry28
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

If so - What incentive is there for someone new to cryptocurrencies to get into something like BTC? Mining is pretty much hopeless unless you are willing to spend tons on highly specialized mining rigs. Given the volatility in BTC value, investing USD to buy BTC is a financially dumb and risky move and pretty much amounts to gambling. So why/how should Joe Schmo get into BTC at this stage and how is it going to be in his interest to do so? From the outside looking in, it looks like all the early adopters want Joe Schmo and all his buddies to adopt BTC and invest money into it, so they can cash out and make their money.

Investing USD to buy any cryptocurrency is not best in my opinion, buy only if you want spend.
You may invest in creating business accepting cryptocurrency instead, and you find only real option here is Bitcoin
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 2242

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:40:22 PM

Dogecoin is a joke and very smart scam. Bagholders will cry. The real currency is Kittehcoin.
Blasphemer! Catcoin is the only coin!
falco

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:47:55 PM

I think dogecoin is used only for speculations to gain short term profit, so it won't have long term value.
nikshipakshu

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:54:54 PM

at the moment DOGE is profitable
Fed949

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:08:16 PM

I think DogeCoin need a leap of faith.  Hey, look at Bitcoin when it is launched, everybody was laughing at it.  
And now, people jumping crazily into it.  What does this tell you?  It is being recognized and the value have went up almost 1000 times.

Bitcoin will be still around for a long time.  But you got to understand, Bitcoin is limited in quantity and limited quantity of 21 millions to be mine.
But Dogecoin is not. Even now, Dogecoin is growing in value slowly.  In a few years time, it will be a small brother of Bitcoin.  
There are different currencies in the world, I think there will be also different Altcoin as well.

Look at the financial crisis of 2008, Feds created or printed One Trillion dollars out of thin air because it is a Patrol Dollar.
And everybody is accepting it. Why can't it be Dogecoin?  And Dogecoin depend on Supply and Demand too.

As long as Dogecoin is stable and dependable usages for commerce, it will remind.
AltCoinMiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:24:09 PM

Well I tend to agree everything tends to look like a joke until it really catches fire
coinforum.de

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 05:25:31 PM

you might wanna consider also horsecoins.

not
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: