Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:19:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-05-15] German Bank Uses Bitcoin’s Blockchain for International Loans  (Read 122 times)
BitcoinArsenal (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

German online bank Bitbond has announced it uses the Bitcoin’s blockchain to facilitate international transfer of fiat loans. Loans are transferred to the borrower using Bitcoin only to be converted back to fiat currency once the international movement is processed. This allows customers to avoid fluctuating exchange rates of fiat currencies.
Full article on NewsBTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:57:18 PM

I am not aware of the name of such bank. But with further readings I decided to visit their own website and find out that it is indeed registered in Germany but this "banks" is of course available to foreigners. I can't officially call it as a bank because only the loaning service is made available to the public. Unlike real banks where they offer cash and checking accounts, Treasury and cash management services, and Credit Card availability BitBond does not, I can't even call it as a real bank.

Also the fund they are getting is from people who are interested in investing in their platform, which they are offering 25% per annum, Which is really big to be given buy a bank, the numbers are really big and is almost unsustainable in the future.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
cryptorocket84

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:55:50 PM

Cryptocurrency have come to stay; as days go by, the more popular it become. The gospel is spreading like bush fast. I am surprise at all. time will come when all the countries will all accept it.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:08:45 PM

Bitbond is not a bank, it is a bitcoin-based lending platform! Their motto is “see no bank, hear no bank, speak no bank”.
I used it once in 2014 and lost 0.25 in a scammy loan.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:58:37 PM

I am not aware of the name of such bank. But with further readings I decided to visit their own website and find out that it is indeed registered in Germany but this "banks" is of course available to foreigners. I can't officially call it as a bank because only the loaning service is made available to the public. Unlike real banks where they offer cash and checking accounts, Treasury and cash management services, and Credit Card availability BitBond does not, I can't even call it as a real bank.  

It may not be even close to what traditional banks look like, but it's actually a bank or financial institution (whatever you prefer to call it) due to their license. I actually like that they keep things very simple. Can you tell me what the point is for them to function as traditional bank while we are actually our own bank and can do most of it ourselves? Banks and other similar services should focus on everything else that's optional and offers people the convenience in case they demand it. I am quite sure that in the coming few years everything will change significantly, and crypto in general will be the real winner here....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: