Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Beginner Question  (Read 760 times)
hankhill69 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:25:23 PM

Hello All,

Other than mining how are people getting large amounts of other crypto currencies? I mean is there a faucet that is giving out 100,000 doge coins? or are people trading up for other crypto? I am blown away.

Sorry for the beginner question I really need to know.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:27:11 PM

Hello All,

Other than mining how are people getting large amounts of other crypto currencies? I mean is there a faucet that is giving out 100,000 doge coins? or are people trading up for other crypto? I am blown away.

Buying them or trading stuff for them.
infinitybo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:30:03 PM

Hello hankhill69 sometimes people are ready to sell their proper family home for some BTC for real because they can do it therefore you can do it TOO !
djkovrik

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:33:41 PM

Hello All,

Both mining and trading may be
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:36:13 PM

Mostly by buying them with normal bitcoins.
BTCElectronics

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:36:57 PM

Hello All,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74046

Try to get some free BitCoins to start, then trade them for Doges Smiley
olinnebit

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:12:33 PM

Day-trading on exchanges or they are bought with BTC. If you want to day-trade you will loose money if you are noob so be careful. There is a lot to read about day trading before you start. If you want to check out some good faucets I got some in my signature below. Again, be careful if you decide to day-trade, I would not recomend it for you just yet Smiley

infinitybo

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:46:34 PM

It's doesn't a matter @OP in all honesty we cannot considerate your question as a beginner question !
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:48:32 PM

Get some free bitcoins, then trade it to cheaper alt coin. That is a way to do it without mining.
axemred

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:12:07 PM

Some of the people who have many, many alt-coins are just getting started immediately, the day of launch and using good hardware.
Kenta

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

It's easy to mine thousands of doge coins and for some reason people will give you a good exchange rate for them (can't really see why.. I think it's a hype which isn't going to stay for a long time)
Still this gives you the opportunity to mine doge, then transfer every couple of thousand you are able to make to for example Cryptsy and buy YOUR coin of choice. And this might give you a lot more coins than you would get if you mine directly in the coin you believe in! Cheesy

Trade your cryptocoins at: ◣ bleutrade.com ◢◣ C-Cex.com ◢
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:56:40 PM

So what you guys are saying is mine shitty coins and work my way up?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:57:58 PM

Haha, yes, pretty much.
woutersteven

Activity: 89
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:58:18 PM

Mining altcoins - even the lesser known ones - and exchanging them for bitcoins is much more beneficial than mining bitcoins directly.
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:59:30 PM

thank you all for replying, I guess time to invest in a mining rig to start mining alternative currency and start trading. This is the wild west of our time
hankhill69 (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:13:37 PM

Day-trading on exchanges or they are bought with BTC. If you want to day-trade you will loose money if you are noob so be careful. There is a lot to read about day trading before you start. If you want to check out some good faucets I got some in my signature below. Again, be careful if you decide to day-trade, I would not recomend it for you just yet Smiley

could you tell me good sites to learn to day trade crypto or do the same principles apply day trading stocks? I have looking for sites to teach me how to day trade crypto to no avail
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:16:36 PM

could you tell me good sites to learn to day trade crypto or do the same principles apply day trading stocks? I have looking for sites to teach me how to day trade crypto to no avail

Identify trends (hold up a piece of paper and draw lines from each crest/hill) and form decisions when you see a trend form/broken.
McMillan

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:34:10 PM

Identify trends (hold up a piece of paper and draw lines from each crest/hill) and form decisions when you see a trend form/broken.

Could you please advise what interval is optimally to choose to mark crests and hills on the graph? The lower the better, is it?

This is the wild west of our time

Hey, that's just what I think about cryptocurrency. Pretty much like Klondike.
infinitybo

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:29:31 PM

Here's the link in other words you guys have no excuse to stay a "newbie" here Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: