Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:35:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHCO.WS WEBSITE HACKED ALL MONEY STOLEN  (Read 2368 times)
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 05:05:33 AM

they stole around 40btc.

For those complaining about hashcows.  Nearmiss does a great job for the community by running this website. 

I work for a multibillion dollar payment card processor and I can tell you that no matter what you do a bad guy can always find a way into your system.

Do you think nearmiss has more funds available to provide better security than....
heartland?
Tjmaxx?
Target?

All of these companies are billion dollar companies and couldnt keep the bad guys out.

Here's the deal.  Transfer your coins off whenever you can and don't worry about the 50cent fees.

I lost .244BTC today because I was to lazy to login and move coins, I'm sad, and I'm pissed at the hacker who did it. 

I will continue to use hashcows knowing fully that they could be hacked again, every exchange can be hacked, you keep money there it's your risk.

These aren't FDIC backed exchanges and they aren't all multimillion dollar operations.

Nearmiss could hire 15 security experts and I guarentee someone will still find a way in if they want to.

enjoy your coining folks and lets hope nearmiss and others who lost money/time get to enjoy their Christmas!

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
yorich

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:08:07 AM

I tried to log in to change my password, but it just sits and gives me the login page again, no errors or anything.  I don't see a password reset link either, so how the hell can I reset my password?   I had fortunately removed all funds from there except maybe 0.02 BTC, but I'd still like to grab that out if possible.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:38:26 AM

I tried to log in to change my password, but it just sits and gives me the login page again, no errors or anything.  I don't see a password reset link either, so how the hell can I reset my password?   I had fortunately removed all funds from there except maybe 0.02 BTC, but I'd still like to grab that out if possible.

yeah I cant seem to login to even change my password or see my account balance or anything?Huh?? just keeps taking me to the statistics screen where all I can see is the pool statistics.....I didn't have maybe 1$ worth of bitcoins on there but still I want my shiiiiit

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
fast-pool.com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 01:53:02 AM

they take all or just few accounts?
Raz31337

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:49:09 AM

I think all
prins

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:04:46 AM

glad that last time i used it i did a payout. Looks like he made of with 40btc looking at the adres..
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: