Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Grow Bitcoin  (Read 4551 times)
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:11:28 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2011, 07:21:55 PM by acoindr

As promised here is the plan I came up with to grow Bitcoin. Apologies for the length, but it's a complex topic.

http://207.126.48.33/bitcoin-ebook/How-to-Grow-Bitcoin.pdf

http://207.126.48.33/bitcoin-ebook/How-to-Grow-Bitcoin-Text.txt (plain text version)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 07:13:03 PM

As promised here is the plan I came up with to grow Bitcoin. Apologies for the length, but it's a complex topic.

I'm not going to look at it simply because it is a PDF, and has the potential for bad code.  Can you convert it to plain text?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:16:54 PM

I'm not going to look at it simply because it is a PDF, and has the potential for bad code.  Can you convert it to plain text?

Sure, give me a sec and I'll post that version.
DownloadCoin.com

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 07:18:13 PM

Keeps crashing for me, also increases the worry of it being dodgy  Undecided
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:28:31 PM

I don't know what to tell you. There is nothing wrong with the file as far as I know. If anyone can verify it works fine and contains no threat that would be great; it took a bit of time to set up the nicer formatting. But if in doubt just use the plain text version. (It may contain a couple typos I caught in the formatted version.)
Serge
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:41:46 PM

Good job on summarizing natural course of Bitcoin development.
IMO you can take credit for the writing but don't try to take credit for bitcoin development going it's natural and obvious course.
Those topics in the document have been discussed previously.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:43:47 PM

VirusTotal report: http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=ef00ef6feb24f2326446ad509e84958f805147169466466a154036e3af8a8452-1313869135

File name:
How-to-Grow-Bitcoin.pdf
Submission date:
2011-08-20 19:38:55 (UTC)
Current status:
finished
Result:
0/ 44 (0.0%)
MattscheAN

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 07:45:16 PM

I don't know what to tell you. There is nothing wrong with the file as far as I know. If anyone can verify it works fine and contains no threat that would be great; it took a bit of time to set up the nicer formatting. But if in doubt just use the plain text version. (It may contain a couple typos I caught in the formatted version.)

The file behaves like a normal .txt on Ubuntu. And clamscan didn't find anything @DownloadCoin.com
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 07:55:42 PM

Good job on summarizing natural course of Bitcoin development.
IMO you can take credit for the writing but don't try to take credit for bitcoin development going it's natural and obvious course.
Those topics in the document have been discussed previously.

Well, I certainly do hope I can take credit for the writing since I wrote it...

As for taking credit for bitcoin development going it's natural and obvious course I'm not sure I follow you. First, I never said anything about taking credit for anything regarding Bitcoin. All I've done is post the result of my thoughts which have evolved over many months of following Bitcoin. I may not have been posting here, but I have certainly been reading. For all the "natural" and "obvious" wording you use there sure were a lot of threads from members frustrated that Bitcoin growth had stalled, and seeking ideas for what to do next...

Anyway, did anyone have any questions?
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:04:03 PM

to be honest I haven't read it completely word to word.

But, things like these:

TOOLS NEEDED TO GROW

All that's really needed to begin truly growing Bitcoin is some organization. The essential pieces are there. People can already trade the Bitcoin currency, and in this recession people will be interested in ways to save on groceries, not to mention earn money in an alternative ecomomy. Still, there are things which don't yet exist which would really support the plan I've outlined and allow for more expedient Bitcoin adoption.

1. Simple Person-to-Person Pay Service
2. Bitcoin Bank
3. "Bit Market" Website
4. Local Goods & Services Website

are nothing new and you can be assure people already working on these aspects. Your initial thread suggested that you going to introduce plan that will change bitcoin world and will allow Bitcoin growth - that's where I got an idea that in some time in the future you will try to take the credit of bitcoin's natural course of development, but in reality you haven't introduced anything new or what hasn't been discussed before. In my opinion your document is a summary of what's already happening and going to continue, that's why i choose words such as "natural" and "obvious" in my reply here above.  
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:10:56 PM

to be honest I haven't read it completely word to word.

But, things like these:

TOOLS NEEDED TO GROW

All that's really needed to begin truly growing Bitcoin is some organization. The essential pieces are there. People can already trade the Bitcoin currency, and in this recession people will be interested in ways to save on groceries, not to mention earn money in an alternative ecomomy. Still, there are things which don't yet exist which would really support the plan I've outlined and allow for more expedient Bitcoin adoption.

2. Bitcoin Bank
3. "Bit Market" Website

is nothing new and you can be assure people already working on these aspects. Your initial thread suggested that you going to introduce plan that will change bitcoin world and will allow Bitcoin growth - that's where I got an idea that in some time in the future you will try to take the credit of bitcoin's natural course of development, but in reality you haven't introduced anything new or what hasn't been discussed before. In my opinion your document is a summary of what's already happening and going to continue, that's why i choose words such as "natural" and "obvious" in my reply here above.  

Oh for Chrissakes would you please read the thing before commenting?

The section you list is NOT the plan. The rest you didn't read is. Yes, of course some of those items are obvious and have been discussed, because they are good ideas. I'm simply writing my views on them. Also the "Bitcoin Market" has not been previously discussed, not the way I propose it. It's not what you think. Again, please read... I'll wait.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:25:50 PM

so where is this ground breaking, world changing plan?

How to Grow Bitcoin

1. The system has to be stable.

2. The second critical element is having a real economy which accepts the currency

- ON ECONOMICS

- SHIFTING THE DECIMAL

- BUILDING A TRUE ECONOMY

Let's pause for a minute to go over key plan elements we've discussed so far.

1. The plan involve deliberately controlling the Bitcoin money supply (and therefore affecting the dollar exchange rate). This is done by moving the decimal, as a community, at strategic points. To simplify this conceptually, we refer to Bitcoin with terminology like BTC, BC1, BC2, BC3, etc. where the number indicates how many places the decimal has been moved.

2. The way we give people incentive to join the Bitcoin economy is by giving them real value. Anyone who wishes to survive values food. Bitcoin provides the opportunity for people to trade food at a more natural, local level which has health and cost benefits, not to mention how much more fun and personable it would be!

- TOOLS NEEDED TO GROW

2. Bitcoin Bank
3. "Bit Market" Website

- COMPETING CURRENCIES

- CONCLUSION
Now the Bitcoin community has detailed information to act on for growth, so let's work together to make it happen!

All of it has been discussed many times over and will be continued to be discussed. Nothing new and ground breaking.
In my view, you are simply trying to take credit or put yourself in some kind of leadership position for outlining very common and obvious terms which are already happening or being developed with you writing about them or without. Good luck with that.   If you haven't started your first thread the way you've started it but just presented your writing and asked opinions what others think about it, you would have gotten some good responses and healthy discussion. But you pushed it like your eBook will change the future and increase somehow the value of Bitcoin, not like value would not increase  haven't your doc been introduced.
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:31:07 PM

@Serge - I'm skeptical you've read every word. You're entitled to your opinion, but I'll skip it and wait for responses from others, thanks.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 08:35:11 PM

For the rest wondering what I'm referring to: Secure your positions
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:01:07 PM

As I expected, nothing new here.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:05:33 PM

@kjj - You will forgive me for being incredulous. Would you mind summarizing what the plan proposes, then point anywhere it has been discussed?
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:16:21 PM

Google search within bitcointalk.org forum

Bitcoin bank

Shifting decimal

Bitcoin marketplace

Local p2p exchange

Growing bitcoin economy

and many many more and many times over has all about future growth of Bitcoin has been discussed and will continue to be discussed. Nothing new.

acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:25:18 PM

@Serge - What you've done is recall some common topics. We are after all talking about Bitcoin... I didn't say I had a brand new currency, but I've done more than simply recall and rehash (essentially unresolved) topics. It's becoming apparent to me that you don't "get" it. That's understandable,  as it is a very complex overall topic.
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:30:43 PM

sure I don't understand it

everyone talks here about "we got to grow bitcoin based services and businesses to allow mainstream acceptance and use or else bitcoin won't grow the way we want it to grow and it will continue to be instrument of traders and speculators and continue to be the currency of geeks"

so what exactly I don't get?
acoindr (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 09:46:46 PM

so what exactly I don't get?

What I'm proposing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: