Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:22:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: about the future of bitcoin market..  (Read 1006 times)
kkaspar (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

banned but not broken

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:24:34 PM

I hate to say it, but the bitcoin market is getting uglier every day. The rises and falls make less and less sense and the news that change the price direction, are more and more full of hot air, meaning solely created for market manipulation. It feels like the market is owned by 20 people tops, who communicate with eachother with goals to scam as much avarage people out of their money as possible. It feels like most of the market has been hijacked by a group of "grey area" wallstreet players that can steer the market to every direction their greedy little minds like to.
I think that the people who are making "predictions based on calculations" about the future price are just creating illusions to justify their gambling habits. The only people who know the future are the few who actually have power to create the future as they see fit.
The more bitcoin gains strenght, the more the market is getting uglier. In the past, bitcoin used to attract tech-wise people who were interested in monetary alternatives, but now, most of the people come because they only want to buy low and sell high.
I still think that bitcoin is a great piece of technology when considering the security and decentralization it offers. But I think that cryptos have a looong way to go, before a coin with a decent market platform is created with a decent system to handle the new coin supply.
I think that with the current direction, bitcoin will have only about 2 years to live. The market will get uglier and uglier until all of the trust is lost in the market. Bitcoin security hasn't been breached and that trust still remains, but the community has ignored the threats that come with the unregulated market. For instance, bitcoin.org is still promoting MtGox as their first choice of exchange for heaven's sake.. The exchange service that is highly incompetent or deliberately manipulating the market for their personal gain and the dev is still promoting them?!

I think that people who are interested in cryptos and have larger visions then just buying low and selling high, should really start thinking about the direction where the unregulated markets are taking bitcoin. Otherwise bitcoin will be the little coin that had potential to be great but greed and stupidity ruined it all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:22:11 PM

"They keep getting uglier, and I keep getting meaner." - Duke Nukem

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
BitCoinMiner01

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:43:57 AM

It will be a rocky road from $0.06 to $10,000.  As the number of market participants increases, so will the ability for larger players to manipulate the market.  They will find that it is they, who will indeed get "dumped" on as buy support builds.  Arbitrage opportunities will shrink, much like they have in more established markets.  This is why bigger market players in the stock / commodities markets etc. are always trying to limit market entrants through regulations / barriers to entry.

The idea of decentralized exchanges should add a new angle as well.  In the meantime, enjoy the ride.  Make some money.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:01:49 AM

I think it's the opposite .... as more and more merchants start to accept bitcoin, as more VC's pour money into startups and building infrastructure, and as it becomes easer and easer for people to use and they become more aware of it  I feel like bitcoin is heading down a good path, not the opposite.

Volatility is a common treat in all small markets, and yes it's also true in most small markets it doesnt take much for a small handefull of people to drasticaly change the value of something. That really should change though as the market continues to grow it should be harder and hard for huge price swings that seem to come out of no where.

Personally though I think a lot of price swings recently are more based on actual "valid" reasons than ever before. The huge uptick and price was arguebly due to the real world events of Chinese people suddenly buying up bitcoin like crazy. The recent downswing as also arguebly due to the fact that it's now much harder for Chinese people to purchase bitcoins...  So while the swings still me pretty absurd they are tending to be more and more based on actual realities going on in the bitcoin world.

Anyways, 5 years is a pretty small timeframe especially considering it's probably only been a good year or so that a lot of people even know anything about bitcoin. The market is still very very small and adoption is still very very small.  In my opionon you let these things continue to grow and in another 5-10 years so you start to seriously question voalitailty if it's still a huge issue.  In my opinion though I think things will start to smooth out as the market and adoption grows.

As far as things being manipulated or a small % of people "owning" a high % of something.... that's really the case with anything that involves investments and or money. Not sure you could ever change that.... very rich people always have the ability to buy/control things more than those with less money.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:54:46 PM

kkaspar don’t panic if bitcoin price falls as it shall bounce much higher in a matter of few days. In every market there are ups and downs but only those traders make profit who stay patient in times when price is falling and when prices rising. In long run bitcoin will rise again once it crosses the resistance of $1000, so keep an eye. And please only invest the amount that you may afford to forgo because market is risky. 
CoinPN

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:11:48 PM

"They keep getting uglier, and I keep getting meaner." - Duke Nukem

Balls of crypto Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: