Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:23:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's make Riot Games accept Bitcoin as a currency!  (Read 1338 times)
Sparkzor (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Hello, I bet a lot of you here are playing games like League of Legends. And just like me, you've been thinking "What if Riot Games (for example) would accept bitcoins as a currency? What if we could purchase riot points with bitcoins. What if we didn't have to spend the money on our bank account or messing around with selling bitcoins?"...
Well people, WE are the ones who can change this. We can make a difference if we just ask them. So what do you say? Let's ask them, let's beg them to add this!
If Riot Games would accept cryptocurrencies this would make both the game and the currencies bigger, more known, more popular and more valuable.

I already submitted a ticket, YOU do it also!
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/anonymous_requests/new
mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:35:02 AM

I agree with you, I submitted a request/suggestion to them.  Great Idea!
CoinPN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 12:39:48 AM

Supporting this, everyone should  Cheesy
Sparkzor (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:53:13 AM

Awesome guys! Try to spread the word Smiley
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 04:21:27 AM

Doing my part and submitted a ticket as well.  I would suggest any gamers out there do the same for other gaming developers/publishers as well. 

Something like bitcoin actually seems to make a lot of sense because small in app purchases is a really big money maker in games and it's becoming every bigger as years go on.  Bitcoin seems perfect for small transactions like these $1.99 , $4.99, etc etc due to the savings they should be able to offer these companies when compared to them accepting a credit/debit card for such a small transaction.

Gaming companies already being in the Tech sector and already being in the business of small "microtransactions"  I expect weither we ask for it or not we may start seing bitcoin adoption coming to video games sometime in 2014 or 2015. Just a prediction on my end.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Kyt Dotson

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:05:54 AM

I do really like this idea. For a long time I've argued that Bitcoin is a brilliant protocol for video games (especially the free-to-play MMO market) because they make an excellent way to provide microtransactions. Allowing them may reduce the likelihood that people will buy into big packages of in-game currency -- but the potential gain of audience who can buy could outstrip the spillover of overpaying.

BigPoint Games recently started accepting BTC. Riot Games would be a huge feather in the cap of adoption.

SiliconANGLE: Bitcoin Weekly (My weekly column)
Read Black Hat Magick - not your ordinary detective agency - geeky fiction
BTC: 13MPMB6wU9j9RcqFRsubtngmtmvh3guZGp
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:06:41 AM

Unless Blizzard starts accepting it, no one else will.
Kyt Dotson

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 08:43:19 AM

Blizzard already has such a staggering proportion of the market (and popularity) that it's unlikely that the company will experiment. Big means a lot of cultural and political inertia. However, a lot of other social gaming companies seeing the benefit and adopting it provides a grassroots level that could goad Blizzard into embracing the same.

SiliconANGLE: Bitcoin Weekly (My weekly column)
Read Black Hat Magick - not your ordinary detective agency - geeky fiction
BTC: 13MPMB6wU9j9RcqFRsubtngmtmvh3guZGp
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:06:35 PM

Blizzard already has such a staggering proportion of the market (and popularity) that it's unlikely that the company will experiment. Big means a lot of cultural and political inertia. However, a lot of other social gaming companies seeing the benefit and adopting it provides a grassroots level that could goad Blizzard into embracing the same.

I tend to agree, if a large publisher/developer doesn't start accepting bitcoins i would imagine we see small indy companies start experimenting with it, which could certainly lead other the entire industry slowly (or quickly) starting to adopt it as well if it shows to be a way to increase any amounts of revenue on a title.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 02:14:21 PM

Companies will soon find out that making the move over to accept Bitcoin will mean new publicity and customers that they wouldn't have gotten before.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

Sparkzor I am also gamer type person and shall welcome the decision if riot games or even other games allow us to purchase with bitcoins instead of using credit cards. I am standing with you to beg for acceptability of bitcoins for games or other online shopping.
Sparkzor (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:55:07 PM

Awesome, people! Tell your friends to submit a ticket too, the only way to make them listen is to tell them something. Feels great to have your support in this!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 07:15:45 PM

did it.

pinkie31

Activity: 300

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

how about steam, gabe newell loves invention/creativity.
Sparkzor (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:11:18 PM

how about steam, gabe newell loves invention/creativity.
That could work too! I just want one company to accept it, then everyone will!
And I think the easiest "target" is Riot Games. Smiley
But yeah, we should mail everyone!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: