Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will the majority of the existing customers batch ship?
February 2014 (Q1) - 3 (2.3%)
March 2014 (Q1) - 17 (12.8%)
April 2014 (Q2) - 33 (24.8%)
May 2014 (Q2) - 22 (16.5%)
June 2014 (Q2) - 27 (20.3%)
Q3+ - 19 (14.3%)
Never - 12 (9%)
Total Voters: 133

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC Neptune Shipping Speculation (Existing Customers Order)  (Read 4518 times)
dimaze (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:20:36 AM

This poll is a general survey of when the community believes the majority of the existing customer's batch will ship.

KnC's Network Protection Statement put shipping in March of 2014, will they pull it off?

I believe the majority of machines will be in customer's hands early to mid April, with the subsequent batches 3-4 weeks out (First public batch Mid May, Second public batch mid June)

nezarkadhem

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

Nice! Thanks for this. Happy to see April being the highest  Cheesy Cheesy

Awaiting the Neptune & Viper
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:20:26 PM

Given KnC hasn't finished their RTL (AFAIK)  I'm doubtful for April.
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:40:37 PM

looks more and more they never finish Neptune product. Instead customers still not refunded will get cloud hashing instead of hardware.
KnC wants to become bitcoin service provider, wallets and stuff.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:16:49 PM

I don't believe they ever moved beyond hyping 20nm.  It is my sincere belief that the Neptune was just a ruse to get us to fund their massive mining operation and we'll only be offered 6 months of 3THs hashing via the Jupiter farm.  And we won't get to have that until a end of Q2, June 30th.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3919

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:48:29 PM

They will not ship Neptune until much later (Q3-Q4) or never.
j03

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:01:56 PM

They will not ship Neptune until much later (Q3-Q4) or never.

LOL!

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:25:50 PM

Copy/Paste:

In stock Neptunes jumped up again from 898 to 909. More refunds? Maybe.

I've got a few preorders with alpha-t.net, a Scrypt ASIC. I'm pretty impressed with their development updates (nearly weekly), along with a forum specifically for customers with all the questions answered, as well as their transparency with their process. It's too bad more manufacturers don't do similar methods.

I'm still keeping my CA batch orders. Better than BFL, CT, HF that's for sure. How they compare to Bitmain will really be a long term question, although I think KnC hardware will run much longer and be more profitable. We'll have to analyze that one down the line.

I have a thread on when the general memberbase thinks the Neptunes are shipping, and the majority feel it's April, which would line up the latest batch during Q2.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384125.0

@Offtopic individuals, you guys should really keep on topic. Let's focus on KNC (I don't care if we talk about KNC conspiracy theories, facts, or whatever), there are venues available for other discussions.

april?! that wishful thinkin imo. i dont think they taped-out yet and from tape-out to production you can assume roughly 60 days. so lets say they tape-out in the coming weeks and need 60 days till the chips arrive. that means the chips arrive in mid may. then also assume that chips doenst mean everything is ready to deliver, you got to bring that thing to work somehow.
that leaves us to a delivered neptune in june, imo.
j03

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:56:15 PM

Copy/Paste:

I've got a few preorders with alpha-t.net, a Scrypt ASIC. I'm pretty impressed with their development updates (nearly weekly), along with a forum specifically for customers with all the questions answered, as well as their transparency with their process. It's too bad more manufacturers don't do similar methods.

I'm still keeping my CA batch orders. Better than BFL, CT, HF that's for sure. How they compare to Bitmain will really be a long term question, although I think KnC hardware will run much longer and be more profitable. We'll have to analyze that one down the line.

I have a thread on when the general memberbase thinks the Neptunes are shipping, and the majority feel it's April, which would line up the latest batch during Q2.

@Offtopic individuals, you guys should really keep on topic. Let's focus on KNC (I don't care if we talk about KNC conspiracy theories, facts, or whatever), there are venues available for other discussions.

april?! that wishful thinkin imo. i dont think they taped-out yet and from tape-out to production you can assume roughly 60 days. so lets say they tape-out in the coming weeks and need 60 days till the chips arrive. that means the chips arrive in mid may. then also assume that chips doenst mean everything is ready to deliver, you got to bring that thing to work somehow.

I hear ya man. I don't think they're going to announce all that tape out fab out stuff though. If I'm remembering correctly, and we compare what happened in their first product launch, they were pretty tight lipped, except for leaks by Bitcoinorama. They said they'd ship in late September through October and they did, only late by like 2 weeks. IMO I think we should expect the same, although the Jupiter farm and accompanying announcement makes me a bit nervous. They fucking slammed us with difficulty with that damn farm too! Looks like its complete now though with recent Swedish press and difficulty slowing at the moment.

1MYwxy8TniWL37y3ueG2cN6i5eQ49Fr19Q
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:03:47 PM

Copy/Paste:

I hear ya man. I don't think they're going to announce all that tape out fab out stuff though. If I'm remembering correctly, and we compare what happened in their first product launch, they were pretty tight lipped, except for leaks by Bitcoinorama. They said they'd ship in late September through October and they did, only late by like 2 weeks. IMO I think we should expect the same, although the Jupiter farm and accompanying announcement makes me a bit nervous. They fucking slammed us with difficulty with that damn farm too! Looks like its complete now though with recent Swedish press and difficulty slowing at the moment.

exactly, they had a timeframe with the Jupiters that lasted till 30th september and they delivered pretty much right at the end of that time frame in the first weeks of october. so if history is going to repeat itself then we wont see any neptunes before early july.

i personally expect them to ship in june but even if they do it in may and with 4000GH/s it wont be profitable anymore.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

This poll is a general survey of when the community believes the majority of the existing customer's batch will ship.

KnC's Network Protection Statement put shipping in March of 2014, will they pull it off?

I believe the majority of machines will be in customer's hands early to mid April, with the subsequent batches 3-4 weeks out (First public batch Mid May, Second public batch mid June)

I think we wil at best see virtual machines at 3th in april and then if we do take them we lose our right  to a physical machine
ie you can virtual mine now on our farm or wait for the physical machine later or refund will be the choices

just can't see how they can do both with the numbers involved for even batch one..ie mine for free then we send you the
machine..they will simply give you a choice to virtual mine or get a physical miner later

but then again no worries if you cancel the 20mm miner will just eventually end up on their gh farm Wink

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:00:10 AM

I don't believe they ever moved beyond hyping 20nm.  It is my sincere belief that the Neptune was just a ruse to get us to fund their massive mining operation and we'll only be offered 6 months of 3THs hashing via the Jupiter farm.  And we won't get to have that until a end of Q2, June 30th.

I think they planned to make a Neptune...I also think the chip 1/2 of knc the chip maker they are in partnership with just around xmas came up to them
and said.."guys there is no way we can make a 20mm chip from design to a product and ship it before we are outstripped by difficulty....not enough time"

thus their current 'changing of horses in midstream"

this is the most logical reason I can think of to simply change your entire company from a mnfg to a hosting farm

what concerns me is what they may know about other farms big ones coming on line from private $$$ I mean I kinda

expected something like this in the fall/winter of 2014

but looks to me something got them into a panic to do this NOW....could be as simple as getting 20mm out was impossible

on the timeline they wanted and/or something they know and we don't

my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

Copy/Paste:

Who is CA?
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:21:38 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 11:56:59 PM by Vagnavs

Copy/Paste:

Who is CA?

I'm assuming he means Canada. Must mean customer appreciation

Avalanche is a must own
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:25:13 PM

Copy/Paste:

Who is CA?

I'm assuming he means Canada

That doesn't make any sense to me. Canada batch orders?
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:30:45 PM

Customer Appreciation?
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 11:29:53 PM

I am over in Sweden every few months and whilst I am not a customer and never will be I am disgusted by KNC's treatment of hundreds of people. I have talked to a couple of contacts and the guys behind this scam are known to them with home addresses and so on, I will need to take a look into it in more detail because I assume that at some point people will need to take action against them and any information that can be confirmed should prove useful.

KNC are not the only ones doing it of course, but as a fellow Scandinavian (not Swedish though) I feel almost ashamed of their level of corruption and greed.

I will start to get as much information together as possible and will do so on other companies thaqt act in the same way.

J

Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:42:35 AM

I am over in Sweden every few months and whilst I am not a customer and never will be I am disgusted by KNC's treatment of hundreds of people. I have talked to a couple of contacts and the guys behind this scam are known to them with home addresses and so on, I will need to take a look into it in more detail because I assume that at some point people will need to take action against them and any information that can be confirmed should prove useful.

KNC are not the only ones doing it of course, but as a fellow Scandinavian (not Swedish though) I feel almost ashamed of their level of corruption and greed.

I will start to get as much information together as possible and will do so on other companies thaqt act in the same way.

J

Huh

What exactly are you disgusted about? They delivered what they promised, in fact, as you so like to do in your business, for most they over-delivered from what they promised and they were closer than anyone else to being on time. As for Neptune, the jury is still out on that, but at least they are paying out refunds to those who get cold feet. You make it sound like they are running off with everyones money.

They taped out last month, they are developing an expensive process, cutting edge, alot like their 28nm ASIC was, in terms development and delivery timescales was. And just in case they miss their own internal deadline they are going to offer those who are still hanging in there another way out, to convert to cloud hashing at the same output rate as the hardware.

Doesn't sound like a company thats treating their customers disgustingly. Sounds like a company that is pioneering, pushing the boundaries and isn't 100% sure of the timescales to get to where they want to get to so is trying to cover all the bases to make sure they don't rip off their customers.

Sure people have a right to be dissapointed that its not going according to their own private plan/agenda, but they can get out of it if they want.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
jegersmart

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:41:07 AM

J

Huh

What exactly are you disgusted about? They delivered what they promised, in fact, as you so like to do in your business, for most they over-delivered from what they promised and they were closer than anyone else to being on time. As for Neptune, the jury is still out on that, but at least they are paying out refunds to those who get cold feet. You make it sound like they are running off with everyones money.

They taped out last month, they are developing an expensive process, cutting edge, alot like their 28nm ASIC was, in terms development and delivery timescales was. And just in case they miss their own internal deadline they are going to offer those who are still hanging in there another way out, to convert to cloud hashing at the same output rate as the hardware.

Doesn't sound like a company thats treating their customers disgustingly. Sounds like a company that is pioneering, pushing the boundaries and isn't 100% sure of the timescales to get to where they want to get to so is trying to cover all the bases to make sure they don't rip off their customers.

Sure people have a right to be dissapointed that its not going according to their own private plan/agenda, but they can get out of it if they want.

I am not really sure how you get to your conclusions, so feel free to ignore my comment(s) which are aimed at people who are concerned (or disgusted) that KNC (and others) are populating their data warehouses with product that is of course not supposed to go to customers who paid months ago. Offering "cloud hashing" to people who are still waiting for product should not be possible unless they have delivered all outstanding orders so they have miners left over for this activity? Or.....?

J
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:04:30 AM

J

Huh

I am not really sure how you get to your conclusions, so feel free to ignore my comment(s) which are aimed at people who are concerned (or disgusted) that KNC (and others) are populating their data warehouses with product that is of course not supposed to go to customers who paid months ago. Offering "cloud hashing" to people who are still waiting for product should not be possible unless they have delivered all outstanding orders so they have miners left over for this activity? Or.....?

J

I'm not happy with Datorhall (KnCMiner's massive mining datacentre) because I don't like having to compete with an ASIC manufacture. They can get machines at cost. I'd prefer that they stuck to the business of selling miners.

However, let's be clear: the Neptune product does not exist yet. Datorhall is running Jupiters (their previous product). They are not mining with our Neptunes.

What I would have preferred is for KnCMiner to have continued selling their successful Jupiter product, rather than building their incredibly powerful "Death Star" DC.

Looking at the KnC Datorhall video invoked mixed emotions for me: awe, and hopelessness ("why am I even trying to compete with that").

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: