Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sh1337 is a scammer, beware! (UPDATE: LIAR AND A SCAMMER)  (Read 4719 times)
dalamchops (OP)

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:28:55 PM

So he is a confirmed scammer? Wasn't sure if mistakes were made or bugs, that's why I was just sitting back and watching the thread.

not a mt. gox glitch, mt. gox confirmed that he doctored that screenshot.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 04:38:12 PM

Like I said in other scamming threads, these scumbags need to fall off the face of the earth.

dalamchops (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:08:33 PM

he pm'ed me asking me for help and saying they are calling him scammer

He can help himself by paying back what he stole from me. I've done maybe 10 transactions with other members since this became public and no one else has any issues with trusting me DESPITE of this ongoing issue.
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:28:52 PM

for me he had 2 low of a post count so 2 high of a risk personally for me to trade with. I stick to a few golden rules that stop me from getting scammed

only deal with respected forum members. use escrow where ever I can. And whatever other rules I make up at the time
dalamchops (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:30:41 PM

for me he had 2 low of a post count so 2 high of a risk personally for me to trade with. I stick to a few golden rules that stop me from getting scammed

only deal with respected forum members. use escrow where ever I can. And whatever other rules I make up at the time

thanks for the advice. I usually do my homework before trading with somoene. I made a 1 time exception (he said he was in desperate need of btc LOL!) because he seemed genuine and i got screwed over.
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 07:55:42 PM

thanks for the advice. I usually do my homework before trading with somoene. I made a 1 time exception (he said he was in desperate need of btc LOL!) because he seemed genuine and i got screwed over.

Yea its just a shame so many people are so fast to rip the kind hearted people off. for me words mean nothing its all about actions. Not long after I started on the forums I Got a 3btc loan. I was surprised that people where so quick to give it out. I had the BTC in gox but at the time well Gox was down with the big hack.(it was to buy a video card).

Have noticed a lot more scammers around this last month tho.

BitPorium

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 08:01:04 PM

I hate these threads! Really mess you think people are overly trusting with people they don't know. Also, post count isn't really an indication of trust at all. Look at LEON, he had 100+ and was a scammer and tecshare started out in his forst post offering his service and he isn't a scammer. I think people should start off with smaller trades. not 10 btc to a stranger.
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 08:47:13 PM

These people are so sad, really...

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 09:03:02 PM

Yeah, it really is too bad there are so many scammers - it just makes things harder for legitimate traders.

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
dalamchops (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:20:33 AM

With all due respect, there are not any more or less scammers than there always have been; people in the Bitcoin community are making the mistake of treating it like monopoly money due to the ease of transactions. In a world of idiots absolutely determined to part ways with their money with anyone who claims they're 'in a hurry', I have real trouble forming any kind of sympathy.

Was everyone here born yesterday? Did no one here ever deal with eBay/Paypal scammers for years leading up to Bitcoin? Why is everyone constantly 'surprised'? And on the other hand, why when people try to start a service or protocol to stop this kind of scamming does everyone jump to conclusions and call it a scam?

This community is extremely 'diverse' to say the least.

It's my 1st time getting scammed, been trading for at least 5 years now... Most people generally only learn a lesson the hard way.
BrianH

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 01:43:52 AM

Recommend using Heatware or if they claim to have eBay or any other type of feedback, verify it by messaging them through it.

Sorry about your loss. Learned the hard way myself, long ago. Be safe.

dalamchops (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 11:27:04 AM

thanks for the tips, not really asking for sympathy. Just trying to make sure everyone will remember this guy, he went far and beyond to make the moderators and me believed him.
Trini8ed

Activity: 375

<3 Bitcoins

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 12:55:57 PM

thanks for the tips, not really asking for sympathy. Just trying to make sure everyone will remember this guy, he went far and beyond to make the moderators and me believed him.

It's obviously shopped you can tell on the address he shopped its moved to the right 1 pixel if hes gonna shop it at least do it right lol

Everyone Loves Donations: 1PEVhtmnBqiN8rYXLHhtUWAB6q9X63Zm9D
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Trini8ed
Ssoele

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

View Profile
August 24, 2011, 07:03:34 PM

It's obviously shopped you can tell on the address he shopped its moved to the right 1 pixel if hes gonna shop it at least do it right lol
You're damn right, if you fake a screenshot, do it good. I always make it so they can't see it was edited in any way! Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that in public Grin

Did my words move you? Or did they bring you to enlightenment? Feel free to give some ฿ to me: 1DKMAfeDswYf9MFjWxjPCfjEVkgmXvnizo
Want to play some Minefield?
GimmeDemBitz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:39:07 PM

Bitcoin.  Bitcoin never changes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: