Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:00:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Short term traders should read this  (Read 507 times)
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:21:26 PM

Mature planning I agree with your word,short term trade does't need greed enough to take 3% or 5% profit.Short term trading should always be active in the market with confusion in it,thanks for creating this thread for all trade dude.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:25:25 PM

Some good Advice for short term trader.It is easy to get 5-10% Profit in btc trading, because the fluctuation between 100- 500$ every day.
If you are greedy,you will lose some coins.When you find some crash in a market, use that valuable time to get huge bitcoin with less dollars.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:26:05 PM

these are mostly for altcoin trading and very little for bitcoin.

(A)When Buying coin don't enter with whole money at once, accumulate(Buy slowly as its going dip)and Always use stop Loss in your all trades(3-5% below the Buying zone)!!
you can't give this as a general advice. someone may have $10 and what you say is true for them but someone else may have $10000 and this advice is terrible for them. it may be better for the second guy to invest little by little. in fact it is best to set multiple buy orders and buy slowly.
additionally when you talk about altcoins buying while they are dropping is very bad because their drops usually don't stop because it is a pump and DUMP.
and finally stop loss won't work for this market, specially if you place it at 3-5%. it is mandatory to use it but it is different here and each coin needs its own percentage.

(B) Dont be Greedy, Exit trade as you earn 5-10% profit!!!
again you can not generalize this either.
some shitcoins get pumped 200% in less than 6 hours. getting out at 5% is not being greedy it is called being unfamiliar with the market.
in some other cases some other shitcoins can't even be pumped 5% so not getting out is dumb!

(C)Its better to keep 20-35% free btc in case of market crash then you buy cheap alts in diiiip!!
this is vague at best.
what alts? what is cheap? just because some altcoin got dumped doesn't mean it is "cheap"...

(D) For the risk management Don't put all your funds in one coin!! Try to divide it depending on your portfolio amount!!Hold atleast (3-8coins)!!
i disagree with this completely. altcoins are not good for "portfolios" look at the market and see all of them in red right now that bitcoin is in red! some of them more than others.
dividing your money is not going to give you any benefits here.

Only Bitcoin
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:09:48 AM

That is pretty much a very good advice right now, most especially when a lot of uncertainty is surrounding bitcoin and personally, I am holding just very few coins now until I see the trend fully changing.

Most of the altcoins are showing sign of recovery though and looking like they really want to bounce, but with the whole level of uncertainty in the market, it is a hard one to really gamble. Let's just see how things will be turning out pretty soon with bitcoin which seems to be knocking on lower doors.
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:21:54 AM

Some good Advice for short term trader.It is easy to get 5-10% Profit in btc trading, because the fluctuation between 100- 500$ every day.
If you are greedy,you will lose some coins.When you find some crash in a market, use that valuable time to get huge bitcoin with less dollars.

Yes, people who have experience will make use of this dumps but people who don't have experience should better stay away from the market because within a fraction of second the price will change. So we have to be very accurate to keep sell order and buy order in order to make profits.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:32:56 PM

Well said bro. The thing is that I hardly try to even trade altcoins when bitcoin is in a downtrend, whether in the short term or in the long run until there is a clear indication of it trying to make a move upward outside that trend. The altcoin market is somehow centered on bitcoin movement and this is one thing that one really need to take into consideration first before making any attempt to trade any of them.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:04:43 PM

So it's not advices about earning money from cryptocurrency investing, it is advice how to control your feelings and how to do risk managment.
I think that if someone sees  that his feelings take control of his mind during investments then he should be stop with trading as it's the most dangerous thing that could be happened to him.
Trading should be done based on analyse only, involving 0 feelings.
Tigorss

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

This is an advise cryptocurrencies traders especially short term traders.  Am certain it will be useful.

As market is Very Volatile now, I can recommend to do the following especially for short term traders!!
(A)When Buying coin don't enter with whole money at once, accumulate(Buy slowly as its going dip)and Always use stop Loss in your all trades(3-5% below the Buying zone)!!
(C)Its better to keep 20-35% free btc in case of market crash then you buy cheap alts in diiiip!!
(D) For the risk management Don't put all your funds in one coin!! Try to divide it depending on your portfolio amount!!Hold atleast (3-8coins)!!

Good Luck.
thank you for the info from you but I have a question for you what if the current prices continue to decline and no news yet to ride whether it is fitting to buy what if my capital is less?
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:56:49 PM

It's actually just common sense.

I however don't like diversifying crypto assets since that only works against you in case things doesn't go to plan. People quite often think it's a must, but I don't see it like that and never done so.

You have to deal with all variables applying to different coins, because different coins means different markets and different background developments. Altcoins aren't fundamentally stable or well developed, so it's a risk.

Just having Bitcoin means less stress, less potentially negative variables, less severe corrections (they go up hard but also come down hard), and so forth. Chasing high returns has never been an option for me.
Yes, I really agree with you, diversify will only create stress because it has a very different market. But if you just focus on one bitcoin or altcoin it will promise, we are not too focused to see some markets if you have traded in some places. Trading in bitcoin as such will be very promising if it has to know the market conditions. It would be a good thing if trading in bitcoin and its profits are invested in some altcoins for the long term.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:26:51 PM

So it's not advices about earning money from cryptocurrency investing, it is advice how to control your feelings and how to do risk managment.
I think that if someone sees  that his feelings take control of his mind during investments then he should be stop with trading as it's the most dangerous thing that could be happened to him.
Trading should be done based on analyse only, involving 0 feelings.

That's what profitable trading is mostly about. Proper risk management and keeping emotions and feelings out. No reaction to FUD or FOMO.
Furthermore the ultimate rule to follow always is: First, protect your money. Keep losses as low as possible.
Next rule: Any profit is a good profit, no matter what the size.
That's it.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:21:23 PM

Good advice. Though I think most trader are already aware about some of your point, I always think emotions ruin the whole picture. I think setting up a goal or limitations in trading is a good way to lessen their own risk in trading specially in short term trading. The fact that bitcoin is more getting dips (long span) than upward movement (not staying in high prices), it is quite hard to predict when to sell and when to buy exactly. With proper planning, surely losses will be prevented as long as you stick to it.
Good luck to you as a trader and keep up the good work in sharing valuable ideas.
ayiaye

Activity: 170
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:20:14 PM

This is an advise cryptocurrencies traders especially short term traders.  Am certain it will be useful.

As market is Very Volatile now, I can recommend to do the following especially for short term traders!!

Good Luck.
this is a great strategy for short-term trading, and thank you for sharing your knowledge. although I am not a trader, but have a desire to become a trader. this is very useful especially for beginners, because to be a trader, we must have the basics, in order to get the benefits as expected. plan and separate your money, it's also a good thing, to avoid big losses.
oseikuf44

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:28:33 AM

Good guide, but add this ,as a short term trader you must know your entry and exit point and it must be base on the daily low and high price. Setting your exit trade far from the daily high price means you are setting yourself for holding but not trading.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

Good guide, but add this ,as a short term trader you must know your entry and exit point and it must be base on the daily low and high price. Setting your exit trade far from the daily high price means you are setting yourself for holding but not trading.
Having the strategy above is really helpful to all users on how we can manage short term trades. The point that I like is being not greedy take profit a chances to earned at any circumstances. Also, not to invest in a single coin split into different coins for a good profitable portfolio.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

correct advice. not to be greedy. we have to retreat immediately when the targeted figure reaches. it is important not to use the entire investment in a single area.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:07:52 PM

This is an advise cryptocurrencies traders especially short term traders.  Am certain it will be useful.

Good Luck.

I agree with point (A) and doing this has been very beneficial in the past for me. Many times I think I see a good buying opportunity and make a buy but then the price of that coin continues to drop. I learned to buy with only 25% (or less) of my bankroll. Then if the price drops lower, you’ll have at least 3 more opportunities to buy. This is leverage.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:04:23 PM

This is a really good strategy because it sounds very conservative. The only problem here, newbie like me usually don't know what coins to buy. Should I buy coin only at top 25 in coinmarketcap or something else?
Yeah, it is indeed a very good strategy and an advice as well. So far, I have seen the rate at which altcoins are really having some pretty good fluctuations in the market and the uncertainty keeps growing even the more. I can see a lot of the altcoins bouncing though once the bitcoin market itself is showing some green light, but at this stage, it is quite difficult to trade without using the stop loss and trying to take the little you have been able to get.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Phenoca

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:30:35 PM

(B) Dont be Greedy
This. I would also add the following: Don't Panic.
If you make yourself a flow chart detailing all your contingency plans, then you will be able to act rationally even under the most intense pressures.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:13:04 AM

Good Luck.

Good advice, because many people won't wait patiently to get their returns on the investment they made but we have to be very careful when dealing with the short term investment. Otherwise, we need to face some problem with your investment.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:46:47 AM

It's actually just common sense.

Indeed, thought will get different and various information regarding short-term trade, but all of it is the same information that you can read in this forum repeatedly. However, it may inspire newbies to be careful about their trade decision.

I however don't like diversifying crypto assets since that only works against you in case things doesn't go to plan. People quite often think it's a must, but I don't see it like that and never done so.

You have to deal with all variables applying to different coins, because different coins mean different markets and different background developments. Altcoins aren't fundamentally stable or well developed, so it's a risk.

Just having Bitcoin means less stress, less potentially negative variables, less severe corrections (they go up hard but also come down hard), and so forth. Chasing high returns has never been an option for me.

Since you are BitHodler and seems like to hold bitcoin, a good decision for everyone who considers bitcoin is the only one, like you said, less stress to think about the loss Cheesy instead of hold some coins but all of them crash due to bitcoin price fall down.
But, for people who aim altcoins due to the profits through volatility. For example, ethereum, bitcoin cash and ripple are some altcoins which generated profits for me, just buy in the dip and sell at the peak, but of course bitcoin is the most valuable coin in my wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: