Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: u  (Read 89 times)
mbaeichapareiko (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:24:01 PM

why I think Quarkchain is a gamechanger.

Bottom line is Scalability, security and turing complete computing using the EVM.

Their solution for scalability using dual chain design which they built from the ground up on their own implements a shard chain first layer as well as a Root chain second layer.

The first layer of sharding allows for multiple shard chains to scale linearly greater the more shards are added to the chain.   

The second Root layer chain is used to confirm the shard chains and serves to secure the network and protect against a double spend attack. 

Please refer to their white paper for a in depth explanation and diagram of the technology.
http://www.quarkchain.io

Also, the use of super nodes made up of clusters allows for more security and protects against centralization of the network.

This is addition with the implementation with turing complete computing built on the ethereum virtual machine which can be added on as shard chains is quite exciting

This latter point is what excites me the most about quarkchain.   We know that ethereum cannot scale at the moment as was revealed by the cryptokitties congestion of the ethereum network that took up 15% of the network.

Ethereum can currently scale up to 15 TPS. and efforts to implement Casper and speed up the TPS are still quite a ways in the future.   

Thus currently the infrastructure of ethereum may become congested if many business need to scale as they become operational and begin going live with mainstream adoption.

Thus in order to scale on the EVM,   the ceo of quarkchain recently in an interview commented that it may be possible for projects on the EVM to deploy onto the quarkchain network as a shard chain, thus instantly solving the scaling problem for the project.   Interoperability between chains is also possible. 

With quarkchains goals to scale up to 100,000 TPS as high as 1 Million TPS is a possibility as the network increases its speed linearly as more shards are added to the first layer chain.

Again, I highly reccomend reading the white paper for clearer diagrams and explanations of the exciting developents on quarkchain.

Thank you for taking the time to read and like.

ballisticboards.   
please follow me on http://www.twitter.com/ballisticboards

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: