Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:28:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLB] Looking For Developers - Paying Premium - All Levels of Expertise Welcome  (Read 1996 times)
sphere (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 02:47:03 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 11:08:35 PM by sphere

Hi everyone,

Im looking for some developers to further develop, decentralize and automate Globe (the cryptocurrency). All types of developers are welcome and more than happy to have newbie coders as well as wizards. I will be more than happy pay a premium on top of individuals normal fees due to the added risk of holding Altcoins.

Globe takes the huge technological advancement of Bitcoin and adds sound economic principles to build a cryptocurrency that is viable for mass use.
Main Globe thread for more info : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360255.0

If interested please PM and Post here Smiley .

Payments can be given in mix of BTC and GLB

Here are a list of things we done

1. A method of distributing the reserves across the network. Currently we have some cold-storage wallets that are view able in the source-code. Maybe you could develop a small program to embed the wallets into the block-chain e.g. via message. Preferably if would be great if you could create a file that automatically syncs will all the nodes (this would prevent the block-chain from getting bloated)

2. Currently I have to split the tax and send it to the cold-storage wallets. I would really like that process automated so 50% of the tax would automatically go to the reserves and price stabilization and remaining 50% forwarded to me.

3. A method to asses trade volume and slowly sell the GLB taxed on these exchanges and send to appropriate addresses. (Maybe some bot using HTTP POST)

4. A bot that records market data and if price falls too much ( e.g. 60%) x amount of GLB will be bought to reduce the price fall. Similarly, if the price increases considerably x amount of GLB in will be sold . Note that only the "STB" wallets will be involved in stabilizing the price.

See http://www.globecrypto.com/#where-are-taxes-going-to to see the different tax wallets .

If any of this does not make sense and you are interested feel free to send me a PM

Thanks

Globe - Economically viable, Fast, Stable. Join the revolution! - Globe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bcfanminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 03:09:05 PM

Do you have any development plan? Example, block exploer? website support? forum? etc.

GLB: 17Uv5AhHSEspdfAGhii2RGzTNmVaCmr5qT
BET: BMdQUQh1zVqPiHeQCYfGbKX1j8PVEThoVy
btc24

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:10:27 PM

Wish you luck. It might be a good school for newbies.
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:12:59 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 06:20:43 PM by sphere

Do you have any development plan? Example, block exploer? website support? forum? etc.

Yes. Once I get some more GLB converted into BTC i will buy two VPSs one to start a website with forum and block explorer, two to take the tax wallet from my computer and place it into a VPS (more reliable)

I also need developers to help automate features and help decentralized Globe further. E.g. we could use a decentralized exchange instead of relying on centralized ones such a mtgox. Then we could further automate globe etc. But all developers are welcome regardless of what they code etc. Their is always something they can do to move the project along. Smiley

nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:20:32 PM

Once I get some more GLB converted into BTC i will buy two VPSs one to start a website with forum and block explorer, two to take the tax wallet from my computer and place it into a VPS (more secure)
Wait, what? You consider your computer less secure than VPS to which you don't even have physical access?
Nextgen

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:23:51 PM

Means

a new altcoin is on the way

hope it will batter and unique then most clones
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:24:11 PM

Once I get some more GLB converted into BTC i will buy two VPSs one to start a website with forum and block explorer, two to take the tax wallet from my computer and place it into a VPS (more secure)
Wait, what? You consider your computer less secure than VPS to which you don't even have physical access?

This is pretty arguable point which I would not get into. Sure vps providers are more likely to be attacked by hackers but infrastructure wise they have tend to have many physical servers spilt across data-centers. Ontop that they build the VPS. So If one server out of their 100 breaks down its no biggy my VPS will still work if my PC breaks down, I can't use it anymore see what I mean.

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:24:49 PM

BTW Globe is already a fully released coin : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360255.0

Just needs further development to make it much better Smiley

nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

This is pretty arguable point which I would not get into. Sure vps providers are more likely to be attacked by hackers but infrastructure wise they have tend to have many physical servers spilt across data-centers. Ontop that they build the VPS. So If one server out of their 100 breaks down its no biggy my VPS will still work if my PC breaks down, I can't use it anymore see what I mean.
I think making backup will be the right decision. Of course, you can back up all data in cloud too.
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 03:38:14 PM

I think making backup will be the right decision. Of course, you can back up all data in cloud too.

I make backups but to my knowledge you need to backup every 100 transactions. Given the current number of transactions the wallet receives on a daily basis (1440) it would be impractical to do so.

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:09:45 PM

Ok getting of topic here  Wink Anyone want to help develop Globe further ?

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:32:17 PM

Got the first PM Smiley

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:43:11 PM

Bump

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:41:55 PM

Bump

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 11:37:29 PM

All coders welcome. Doesn't matter if you code C++ or PHP more than happy to find something for you todo .

other_side

Activity: 285

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:15:52 AM

E.g. we could use a decentralized exchange instead of relying on centralized ones such a Mtgox.
How do you plan to do this?
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:17:36 AM

E.g. we could use a decentralized exchange instead of relying on centralized ones such a Mtgox.
How do you plan to do this?

Their are already a few setup just need to modify and test is my assumption :

https://github.com/macourtney/Dark-Exchange

https://github.com/zeroreserve/ZeroReserve

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 12:21:56 AM

Yes. Once I get some more GLB converted into BTC i will buy two VPSs one to start a website with forum and block explorer, two to take the tax wallet from my computer and place it into a VPS (more secure)

I also need developers to help automate features and help decentralized Globe further. E.g. we could use a decentralized exchange instead of relying on centralized ones such a mtgox. Then we could further automate globe etc. But all developers are welcome regardless of what they code etc. Their is always something they can do to move the project along. Smiley

I hope you do not mean you are going to put a wallet on a third party hosted/located machine and pretend that is "secure"?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:28:57 AM

Yes. Once I get some more GLB converted into BTC i will buy two VPSs one to start a website with forum and block explorer, two to take the tax wallet from my computer and place it into a VPS (more secure)

I hope you do not mean you are going to put a wallet on a third party hosted/located machine and pretend that is "secure"?

-MarkM-

A trusted VPS provider is much more secure than a home PC I have already had this discussion with another individual and not willing to have it again. This thread is just turning into a Cloud vs Home pc discussion if you are not interested in helping develop the project please move along. Over time more vps  can be used to build a cluster where the wallet can be stored among them and one failure will not effect the system. If those actively involved in the Globe community advise another method of keeping the wallet I am more than happy to evalute.

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:47:12 AM

Back on topic  Smiley Anyone want to further develop Globe for some coins ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: