Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 04:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarkchain is a game changer  (Read 207 times)
mbaeichapareiko (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:17:24 AM

why Quarkchain is a gamechanger.
Why I think Quarkchain can be a gamechanger in blockchain technology.
QuarkChain (QKC)
Why QuarkChain may be a game changer.
Scalability —
Security —
Turing Complete EVM-
Summary
Quarkchain description:
The advent of bitcoin and blockchain technology is revolutionizing businesses and industries on a global scale. It is a fact that many industries and corporations are rushing to adopt blockchains technology in efforts to be competitive and efficient. However, before mainstream adoption is possible, a few principle aspect of blockchain tech needs to be improved upon. One critical aspect is scalability. Another major issue is decentralization and security. It is a comman fact that centralized proof of work mining pools namely on the bitcoin network, are making it impossible for the blockchain to be truly decentralized and secure. A major concern with bitcoin is the possible threat of a 51% attack of the network if a mining pool becomes too large, thus the security of the network is compromised. Quarkchain has a solution to this problem.
Lets consider scalability.
Take a look at ethereum for example, they can do approx 15 tps which is not scalable for high transaction throughputs. Visa currently claims to do approx 56000 tps on its centralized network.  Cryptokitties recently revealed ethereums scalability issue by using up 15% of the ethereum network. It is obvious that mainstream adoption is impossible without scalability. This is particularly true if blockchain were to adopt micro high speed transactions. There are some proposed solutions to these problems with other projects such as Bitcoin’s Lightning Network is only applicable to frequent off- chain transactions among a fixed group of parties and Ethereum’s Casper technology is still in development.
https://quarkchain.io/ has real solutions!
I encourage you to read the whitepaper on their website as it has very clear and concise explanation of their solution. A quick synopsis is as follows:
To solve the problems above, Quark Chain has built and developed a dual blockchain solution of their own from scratch. A first layer is an elastic shard blockchain. This first layer contains a list of blockchains or shards that process a sub-set of all transactions independently. The second layer of the Quarkchain system is a Root Layer blockchain that confirms all blocks for the shard blockchains. The Root layer ensures the security and decentralizing of the blockchain while the sharding layer extend its scalability. It is easy to add shards to the first shard layer and transaction speed increases linearly with added chains — up to 1 million transactions per second (tps), according to the project — without compromising on security and decentralization. The bottom line is…. The more the number of shards in the network of the first layer blockchain, the higher the capacity of the blockchain. Meanwhile Quarkchain also solves the problem of decentralization by allowing clusters of honest nodes in a network to run as a supernode. Please refer to the whitepaper for specifics.
As a result, QuarkChain’s platform is expected to:
· Enhance scalability while guaranteeing security and decentralization.
· Enable seamless cross-shard transactions to ensure a quality experience for users.
· Provide simple account management for clients; only one account for all shards.
· Provide an open infrastructure for DApps that require high transaction throughput.
· Be an incentive-driven ecosystem.
Furthermore, network participants will be rewarded in QKC tokens for running nodes and supporting the network — participants may choose to join a cluster of nodes and form a super-full node. QuarkChain is also expected to support smart contracts by using the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
Here is what really excites me about the project. While Listening to the founder Qi Zhou in an interview he stated that it will be possible to deploy ethereum smart contracts from the ethereum virtual machine onto the quarkchain. This is a gamechanger in my opinion as projects that need scalability on the EVM can simply be integrated into Quarkchain’s first layer as a shard. Thus the infrastructure that is being built on ethereum can theoretically have scaling and security solutions as simple as deploying onto Quarkchain and being interoperable between both chains. QKC is QuarkChain’s native token and it should serve as the governing currency in the ecosystem. It will be used to pay network fees, as a medium to exchange value, and to reward community members for their contributions.
Existing Product
The QuarkChain project claims to have an in-house testnet that reaches around 2,000 transactions per second. There is no public proof of that, but several people confirmed privately that they’ve seen the prototype.
Roadmap
Q2 2018 — Testnet 0.1 along with Wallet 0.1 (10K+ tps).
Q3 2018 — Testnet 0.2.
Q4 2018 — QuarkChain Core 1.0, Mainnet 1.0, Smart Wallet 1.0 (100K+ tps).
Q2 2019 — QuarkChain Core 2.0, Smart Wallet 2.0 (1M+ tps).
Hard Cap and Valuation
The project aims to raise $20 million. Total token supply is 10 Billion and team tokens will be vested over 2 years. More information about token distribution will be released in due time.
Marketing Power
As of the time this post was published, QuarkChain had over 19,600 followers on Telegram, 3,900+ followers on Twitter, over 1,000 followers on Mediumand 107 followers on GitHub.
Team Members’ Areas of Expertise
Business experts
Ting Du, Business Development and Eco-system
· Work experience is unavailable at the moment.
Target market experts
QuarkChain’s team has considerable expertise in the software development sector but not so much in blockchain development.
Marketing experts
Anthurine Xiang, Marketing and Community.
· Lead Platform Analytics at Wish — Shopping Made Fun for over a year.
· Analytics, Business Development & Marketing at Beepi for almost 2 years.
· Lead of Product Analytics at Chartboost for over a year.
· Consumer Marketing & Analytics at LinkedIn for almost a year.
· Financial Consultant at Argus Information and Advisory Services for almost 2 years.
· Master’s Degree in System Analysis and Economic Management.
Julianne Zhu, Social Media Broadcasting.
· Shanghai Branch Manager at RoboTerra, Inc for 2 years.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting.
Legal experts
No team member with legal expertise.
Software engineering experts
Qi Zhou, Founder.
· Software Engineer at Facebook for a year.
· Consultant Software Engineer at Dell EMC for almost a year.
· Principal Software Engineer at Dell EMC for almost 2 years.
· Software Engineer at Google for almost a year.
· Senior Engineer at Ratrix Technologies for almost a year.
· PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Zhaoguang Wang, Software Engineer.
· Senior Software Engineer at Facebook for over a year.
· Software Engineer at Instagram for 4 months.
· Senior Software Engineer at Google for 5 years.
· Research Assistant at University of Michigan for a year.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
Xiaoli Ma, Research Scientist.
· Co-founder & CTO of Ratrix Technologies for over 6 years (ongoing).
· Professor, IEEE fellow at Georgia Institute of Technology for almost 4 years (ongoing).
· Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology for 4 years.
· PhD in Electrical Engineering.
Yaodong Yang, Research Scientist.
· Tenure track Professor at Xi’an Jiaotong University for almost 7 years (ongoing).
· Research Assistant at Virginia Tech for almost 4 years.
· Research Assistant at University of Dayton for almost 2 years.
· Vice Chair in Education at Xi’an Jiaotong University for almost 4 years (ongoing).
· Co-founder at Demo++ technological incubator for almost 3 years (ongoing).
· PhD in Engineering.
Wencen Wu, Research Scientist.
· Assistant Professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for almost 5 years (ongoing).
Blockchain development experts
No team member with blockchain development expertise.
Token economics
No team member with token economics expertise, however, two of their advisors, Kevin Hsu and Leo Wang are successful cryptocurrency investors. It may be assumed that both men have some experience in token economics; if they do, the project should benefit from their knowledge.
Conclusion
Strengths
· Strong developer team with profound academic backgrounds.
· Project claims to have an internal testnet alpha with 2000+ tps.
· QuarkChain aims to be an infrastructural layer for high throughput DApps (AI, IoT, gaming).
Potential risks for investors
· Various Blockchain projects are working on scalability (Loom, Zilliqa, TomoChain, EOS, Cardano, etc.).
Disclaimers:
· Nothing written in this article is a legal or an investment advice.
· Information is provided on a best-effort basis and is subject to change without prior notice. Be sure to verify everything you read with a project team.
If you enjoy this article, please consider supporting by following https://twitter.com/ballisticboards
https://t.me/ballisticboards pages and sharing this write up with your friends and colleagues.
Thank you!
1 Comment
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:47:35 AM

I was so happy to invest in this project and after waiting such a long time i found out that my country was recently listed as FATF so i cannot participate in a lot of new great ICOs.
mbaeichapareiko (OP)

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:04:37 AM

I was so happy to invest in this project and after waiting such a long time i found out that my country was recently listed as FATF so i cannot participate in a lot of new great ICOs.
@vrabak68

Yes it will be a challenge to win the lottery to be able to invest.   Quarkchain is asking you to do 3 things.

1) join their community Telegram before  may 4'th 2018
2). make a video or write a small article about Quarkchain
3). take a quiz to prove you know the technology

If you perform 1  and also take the quiz and score  60 pts.  or higher you have a chance to win the lottery.

Otherwise this one is a possibly a good project to invest when it hits the exchanges.

Please do your own research.

arthur305

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:37:09 AM

A very hyped change
rackam

Activity: 163

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 10:38:55 AM

Has Quarkchain any bounty? I will be interested in doing bounties for them, their ICO looks very promising!

runque

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:50:20 AM

This project is now viewed by too many people, but at present it is very characteristic for publicity. The feeling is that the next eos, but this team does not have historical achievements can be traced back, or it is recommended that other projects come out for inspection, so that it is more secure.
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:05:01 AM

I have done my background research on Quarkchain and I must it is a very good project and I am thinking getting involved in their upcoming sales, I think the project have a good future, the only problem i have with them right now is that doing their kyc is so difficult, so many requirement for you to pass your kyc. you need to go to telegram then get a link then open a form which expires after a certain period of time. There kyc process disgusts me but I like the project anyways.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 11:28:51 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 11:45:16 AM by cryptogeek101

why Quarkchain is a gamechanger.
Why I think Quarkchain can be a gamechanger in blockchain technology.
QuarkChain (QKC)
Why QuarkChain may be a game changer.
Scalability —
Security —
Turing Complete EVM-
Summary
Quarkchain description:
The advent of bitcoin and blockchain technology is revolutionizing businesses and industries on a global scale. It is a fact that many industries and corporations are rushing to adopt blockchains technology in efforts to be competitive and efficient. However, before mainstream adoption is possible, a few principle aspect of blockchain tech needs to be improved upon. One critical aspect is scalability. Another major issue is decentralization and security. It is a comman fact that centralized proof of work mining pools namely on the bitcoin network, are making it impossible for the blockchain to be truly decentralized and secure. A major concern with bitcoin is the possible threat of a 51% attack of the network if a mining pool becomes too large, thus the security of the network is compromised. Quarkchain has a solution to this problem.
Lets consider scalability.
Take a look at ethereum for example, they can do approx 15 tps which is not scalable for high transaction throughputs. Visa currently claims to do approx 56000 tps on its centralized network.  Cryptokitties recently revealed ethereums scalability issue by using up 15% of the ethereum network. It is obvious that mainstream adoption is impossible without scalability. This is particularly true if blockchain were to adopt micro high speed transactions. There are some proposed solutions to these problems with other projects such as Bitcoin’s Lightning Network is only applicable to frequent off- chain transactions among a fixed group of parties and Ethereum’s Casper technology is still in development.
https://quarkchain.io/ has real solutions!
I encourage you to read the whitepaper on their website as it has very clear and concise explanation of their solution. A quick synopsis is as follows:
To solve the problems above, Quark Chain has built and developed a dual blockchain solution of their own from scratch. A first layer is an elastic shard blockchain. This first layer contains a list of blockchains or shards that process a sub-set of all transactions independently. The second layer of the Quarkchain system is a Root Layer blockchain that confirms all blocks for the shard blockchains. The Root layer ensures the security and decentralizing of the blockchain while the sharding layer extend its scalability. It is easy to add shards to the first shard layer and transaction speed increases linearly with added chains — up to 1 million transactions per second (tps), according to the project — without compromising on security and decentralization. The bottom line is…. The more the number of shards in the network of the first layer blockchain, the higher the capacity of the blockchain. Meanwhile Quarkchain also solves the problem of decentralization by allowing clusters of honest nodes in a network to run as a supernode. Please refer to the whitepaper for specifics.
As a result, QuarkChain’s platform is expected to:
· Enhance scalability while guaranteeing security and decentralization.
· Enable seamless cross-shard transactions to ensure a quality experience for users.
· Provide simple account management for clients; only one account for all shards.
· Provide an open infrastructure for DApps that require high transaction throughput.
· Be an incentive-driven ecosystem.
Furthermore, network participants will be rewarded in QKC tokens for running nodes and supporting the network — participants may choose to join a cluster of nodes and form a super-full node. QuarkChain is also expected to support smart contracts by using the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
Here is what really excites me about the project. While Listening to the founder Qi Zhou in an interview he stated that it will be possible to deploy ethereum smart contracts from the ethereum virtual machine onto the quarkchain. This is a gamechanger in my opinion as projects that need scalability on the EVM can simply be integrated into Quarkchain’s first layer as a shard. Thus the infrastructure that is being built on ethereum can theoretically have scaling and security solutions as simple as deploying onto Quarkchain and being interoperable between both chains. QKC is QuarkChain’s native token and it should serve as the governing currency in the ecosystem. It will be used to pay network fees, as a medium to exchange value, and to reward community members for their contributions.
Existing Product
The QuarkChain project claims to have an in-house testnet that reaches around 2,000 transactions per second. There is no public proof of that, but several people confirmed privately that they’ve seen the prototype.
Roadmap
Q2 2018 — Testnet 0.1 along with Wallet 0.1 (10K+ tps).
Q3 2018 — Testnet 0.2.
Q4 2018 — QuarkChain Core 1.0, Mainnet 1.0, Smart Wallet 1.0 (100K+ tps).
Q2 2019 — QuarkChain Core 2.0, Smart Wallet 2.0 (1M+ tps).
Hard Cap and Valuation
The project aims to raise $20 million. Total token supply is 10 Billion and team tokens will be vested over 2 years. More information about token distribution will be released in due time.
Marketing Power
As of the time this post was published, QuarkChain had over 19,600 followers on Telegram, 3,900+ followers on Twitter, over 1,000 followers on Mediumand 107 followers on GitHub.
Team Members’ Areas of Expertise
Business experts
Ting Du, Business Development and Eco-system
· Work experience is unavailable at the moment.
Target market experts
QuarkChain’s team has considerable expertise in the software development sector but not so much in blockchain development.
Marketing experts
Anthurine Xiang, Marketing and Community.
· Lead Platform Analytics at Wish — Shopping Made Fun for over a year.
· Analytics, Business Development & Marketing at Beepi for almost 2 years.
· Lead of Product Analytics at Chartboost for over a year.
· Consumer Marketing & Analytics at LinkedIn for almost a year.
· Financial Consultant at Argus Information and Advisory Services for almost 2 years.
· Master’s Degree in System Analysis and Economic Management.
Julianne Zhu, Social Media Broadcasting.
· Shanghai Branch Manager at RoboTerra, Inc for 2 years.
· Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting.
Legal experts
No team member with legal expertise.
Software engineering experts
Qi Zhou, Founder.
· Software Engineer at Facebook for a year.
· Consultant Software Engineer at Dell EMC for almost a year.
· Principal Software Engineer at Dell EMC for almost 2 years.
· Software Engineer at Google for almost a year.
· Senior Engineer at Ratrix Technologies for almost a year.
Zhaoguang Wang, Software Engineer.
· Senior Software Engineer at Facebook for over a year.
· Software Engineer at Instagram for 4 months.
· Senior Software Engineer at Google for 5 years.
· Research Assistant at University of Michigan for a year.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
Xiaoli Ma, Research Scientist.
· Co-founder & CTO of Ratrix Technologies for over 6 years (ongoing).
· Professor, IEEE fellow at Georgia Institute of Technology for almost 4 years (ongoing).
· Associate Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology for 4 years.
· PhD in Electrical Engineering.
Yaodong Yang, Research Scientist.
· Tenure track Professor at Xi’an Jiaotong University for almost 7 years (ongoing).
· Research Assistant at Virginia Tech for almost 4 years.
· Research Assistant at University of Dayton for almost 2 years.
· Vice Chair in Education at Xi’an Jiaotong University for almost 4 years (ongoing).
· Co-founder at Demo++ technological incubator for almost 3 years (ongoing).
· PhD in Engineering.
Wencen Wu, Research Scientist.
· Assistant Professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for almost 5 years (ongoing).
Blockchain development experts
No team member with blockchain development expertise.
Token economics
No team member with token economics expertise, however, two of their advisors, Kevin Hsu and Leo Wang are successful cryptocurrency investors. It may be assumed that both men have some experience in token economics; if they do, the project should benefit from their knowledge.
Conclusion
Strengths
· Strong developer team with profound academic backgrounds.
· Project claims to have an internal testnet alpha with 2000+ tps.
· QuarkChain aims to be an infrastructural layer for high throughput DApps (AI, IoT, gaming).
Potential risks for investors
· Various Blockchain projects are working on scalability (Loom, Zilliqa, TomoChain, EOS, Cardano, etc.).
Disclaimers:
· Nothing written in this article is a legal or an investment advice.
· Information is provided on a best-effort basis and is subject to change without prior notice. Be sure to verify everything you read with a project team.
If you enjoy this article, please consider supporting by following https://twitter.com/ballisticboards
https://t.me/ballisticboards pages and sharing this write up with your friends and colleagues.
Thank you!
1 Comment

I have read above post and I think the Quarkchain blockchain emergence would be a welcome development to the blockchain technology world. With its proposed features of scalability, deep decentralization and powerful security ecosystem, I think the Quarkchain dual blockchain project solution will be a time bomb. Incorporating it with the Ethereum virtual machine would be the best thing that could happened to the crypto internet space. However I would do a proper due diligent search on this fascinating project before showing my support. Thanks

HOMT