Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:05:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to start a pooling website?  (Read 477 times)
DrTrouble (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:32:32 PM

I have noticed that several of the ALT coin pools have the same format.  Can anyone tell me what platform or template most of these sites use for their pooling?

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
coinlover57

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 05:47:41 PM

Hi,

I see many pools on MPOS. You can find it on github:
https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos

Good luck if you want to start one. After setting up the website, you will need to convince miners to join your pool instead of other well-known ones. If you succeed, you will then have other problems like load and DDOS attacks.

Merry Christmas
coinnesia

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2013, 06:12:16 PM

MPOS as mentioned by @coinlover57 is a front-end GUI for mining pool, other than that, you have to install the daemon pool depends on the type of crypto coin you want to mine, Google is your friend...
atcx

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:53:01 PM

If you were unable to figure this out by googling, you probably don't have what it takes to run a pool. Pools need a lot of system resources and are constantly at risk of being DDoS'd or hacked. And if that happens, or the system bugs out, people are going to be mad at you, and it'll only get worse if you can't fix it in time. Money's on the line, after all.

My apologies and good luck if I misjudged you.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:09:10 PM

@Drtrouble By ALT you prolly wanted to say alternative cryptocurrencies because it very difficult to communicate with people who don't know the mean Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: