Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:56:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly 50 GH Miner, no point ?  (Read 2967 times)
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:00:58 PM

So can someone confirm what this has come to.....

Butterfly have a claimed instant delivery on a 50 GH device.

According to this calculator that is like 10 USD per day ...   ( http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ )

That means you will never break even with that device.

So looks like one should be looking at 1 TH at least  ( just a guess )... otherwise I see no point ...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 06:51:22 PM

good morning detective Columbo!

forget about BFL, not worth it at all!!

well there is no peace of gear worth of buying right now. there is no 1TB miners available on the market unless you want to by 5 antminers or stuff like that.

your only option is to buy 2TH black arrow late February delivery miner.
just don't forget that with this wild diif jumps in about 3-4 months everything below 1TH will be worthless!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 09:57:35 PM

According to this calculator that is like 10 USD per day ...   ( http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ )

So looks like one should be looking at 1 TH at least  ( just a guess )... otherwise I see no point ...

Remember that BFL has dropped their price for the 50GH/s Single, from 2500 to 1750. BitcoinX hasn't updated this yet.

Also, the size of your operation doesn't matter when it comes to break even. All that matters is price, hashrate, delivery date, and power usage. The difficulty and future earnings are largely out of your control. The BFL Singles can be delivered now, and have pretty decent power efficiency, miles ahead of those 35GH/s ASICMiner Cubes that seem to be selling like hot cakes.

well there is no peace of gear worth of buying right now. there is no 1TB miners available on the market unless you want to by 5 antminers or stuff like that.

just don't forget that with this wild diif jumps in about 3-4 months everything below 1TH will be worthless!

You can successfully mine (and make a profit even!) with less than 1TH/s, so I don't know what you're talking about. I would say the majority of people here are running less than 1TH.

Those 2TH Black Arrow look pretty awesome, but they're scheduled for delivery in March of 2014, not February. And yes, who knows what the difficulty will be in 3-4 months, but the best time to mine is now, not when the difficulty is 6Billion.

I'm not saying BFL is the best buy around, but you need to look around, and look at all your options. What miner is the cheapest? What ones are overpriced? What ones hash at 5W/GH and which ones hash at 1W/GH? Is it being delivered now, or in 6 months? Weigh your options, and figure out which one you think you can make the most profit from, and jump on it.

Also, http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ is your friend.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
vpasic

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 10:27:04 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 10:37:05 PM by vpasic

According to this calculator that is like 10 USD per day ...   ( http://www.bitcoinx.com/profit/ )

So looks like one should be looking at 1 TH at least  ( just a guess )... otherwise I see no point ...

Remember that BFL has dropped their price for the 50GH/s Single, from 2500 to 1750. BitcoinX hasn't updated this yet.

Also, the size of your operation doesn't matter when it comes to break even. All that matters is price, hashrate, delivery date, and power usage. The difficulty and future earnings are largely out of your control. The BFL Singles can be delivered now, and have pretty decent power efficiency, miles ahead of those 35GH/s ASICMiner Cubes that seem to be selling like hot cakes.

You can successfully mine (and make a profit even!) with less than 1TH/s, so I don't know what you're talking about. I would say the majority of people here are running less than 1TH.

Those 2TH Black Arrow look pretty awesome, but they're scheduled for delivery in March of 2014, not February. And yes, who knows what the difficulty will be in 3-4 months, but the best time to mine is now, not when the difficulty is 6Billion.

I'm not saying BFL is the best buy around, but you need to look around, and look at all your options. What miner is the cheapest? What ones are overpriced? What ones hash at 5W/GH and which ones hash at 1W/GH? Is it being delivered now, or in 6 months? Weigh your options, and figure out which one you think you can make the most profit from, and jump on it.

Also, http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ is your friend.

Nice one!
Can you please be so king and enlight me and tell me what miner he can buy now to earn anything?Huh
So first ROI and then earn!!!
You didn't notice that all miners on the market right now are overpriced???
There is nothing worth of buying right now!
Best time to mine is now??? Well yes if you can get yorself a nice 500gh miner for let's say not more than $4000-$4500! 2Th in March even at 3.5-4 billions will earn you nice amount of btc!
6 billion you say?Huh Ar you out of you fucking mind???
There is no companys that can deliver so much power in Januar and February to scyrocket diff so high!!!
You know you have stupid way of thinking and stupid ideas for a guy that have 600 and something posts here!

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:32:26 AM

So can someone confirm what this has come to.....

Butterfly have a claimed instant delivery on a 50 GH device.

That means you will never break even with that device.

Is that 10 USD a day now? If so, that will be 1 USD a day in a few months.

Generally, no, 50 GH is nothing these days.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:57:53 AM

DO not pay more than $10 to $15 a GH

Less if possible.

That eliminates all BFL devices.

Get an Antminer 180GH they are BTC3.15 right now

$12 a GH

Why buy a $35 a GH miner like BFL?

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:36:50 AM

Mining isnt per definition profitable. Thats what people need to understand. If you want Bitcoins, buy them. They are pretty cheap at under $1k USD.

Leave the mining to the professionals and people who want to do their part to help secure the network.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:38:52 AM

Mining isnt per definition profitable. Thats what people need to understand. If you want Bitcoins, buy them. They are pretty cheap at under $1k USD.

Leave the mining to the professionals and people who want to do their part to help secure the network.

Both mining and purchasing at $1K are risky. Everyone can judge for themselves which is riskier. But yeah, I vote for mining at the moment.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:02:12 AM

Yes, 6Billion within the next few months isn't so ridiculous. Look at the % increase month by month for the past 3-6 months. http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ is assuming the network will double every 30 days, so that's what I'm basing my estimates off of. Taking into account the flood of hardware expected to come Feb-April of 2014 from BFL, BitMine, Cointerra, Hashfast, and Black Arrow, doubling the network every month doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

What's a good hardware to buy? Yes, those AntMiners seem pretty decent, but again you gotta wait till next month to get one. What hardware did I buy? I bought some BFL Monarchs on Black Friday. The exchange price was higher then, so I paid with fewer BTC. Combined with their 25% discount, I was buying Monarchs for 3.25BTC/each. Compared to those AntMiners, I'll wait another month or two for 3x the hashrate. But we'll see how that pans out. Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
vpasic

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:41:10 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 10:02:26 AM by vpasic

Yes, 6Billion within the next few months isn't so ridiculous. Look at the % increase month by month for the past 3-6 months. http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ is assuming the network will double every 30 days, so that's what I'm basing my estimates off of. Taking into account the flood of hardware expected to come Feb-April of 2014 from BFL, BitMine, Cointerra, Hashfast, and Black Arrow, doubling the network every month doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

What's a good hardware to buy? Yes, those AntMiners seem pretty decent, but again you gotta wait till next month to get one. What hardware did I buy? I bought some BFL Monarchs on Black Friday. The exchange price was higher then, so I paid with fewer BTC. Combined with their 25% discount, I was buying Monarchs for 3.25BTC/each. Compared to those AntMiners, I'll wait another month or two for 3x the hashrate. But we'll see how that pans out. Wink

you really don't get it?Huh
first thing forget about % increase becouse 30% on 1 Bil is not same as 30% of 2 ore 3 Billions. your assuption is wrong!
around 9PH is power in the world mining btc and we are around 1.2 Bil! so that means that we need 5 times more  power to reach 6 bill diff! 5 times more dude!!! that's 36PT more on top of this!!!
only newbies and dump people will buy from BFL! which one are you???
BitMine, Cointerra, Hashfast, and even Black Arrow all together can't deliver that amount of power till April!!!!! second half of 2014 yes but not in first half of 2014 and specially not till April!
I really cant find easiest way to explain you that you are wrong in many aspects!  

fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:29:16 AM

REPLIED to the thread with a new thread below :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385673.new#new
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:49:10 AM

you really don't get it?Huh
first thing forget about % increase becouse 30% on 1 Bil is not same as 30% of 2 ore 3 Billions. your assuption is wrong!
around 9PH is power in the world mining btc and we are around 1.2 Bil! so that means that we need 5 times more  power to reach 6 bill diff! 5 times more dude!!! that's 36PT more on top of this!!!
only newbies and dump people will buy from BFL! which one are you???
BitMine, Cointerra, Hashfast, and even Black Arrow all together can't deliver that amount of power till April!!!!! second half of 2014 yes but not in first half of 2014 and specially not till April!
I really cant find easiest way to explain you that you are wrong in many aspects!  

I agree, don't buy from BFL ... but people obviously still do for some reason. Wonder how many have made profits?
fixxi.net (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:17:44 PM

I agree, don't buy from BFL ... but people obviously still do for some reason. Wonder how many have made profits?

That is what I was wondering, did everybody get the 5 GH devices from their orders of up to year ago ?

Those that did, how many got their money back and what level of profit they made ?

The more opinions, the truth cannot hide.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

That is what I was wondering, did everybody get the 5 GH devices from their orders of up to year ago ?

Those that did, how many got their money back and what level of profit they made ?

The more opinions, the truth cannot hide.

You'll never get stats. How many people that make gigantic cock-ups want to share their experience?
eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

Waited for ever to get my bfl got it about 1 month ago, a lowly jala. It has been mining at 8 gh and I could sell it on on ebay for more than I paid for it and have a positive roi right now. If I were smart I would have sold it when it arrived to some sucker for $750 on ebay and made double my money back, but I like mining. That said hell would have to freeze over before I made an other purchase with bfl.
igorr

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:04:53 PM

For next 3-4 month 600 Gh/s no point,  

Diff rise 33% every 10 days !!!

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:15:51 PM

Waited for ever to get my bfl got it about 1 month ago, a lowly jala. It has been mining at 8 gh and I could sell it on on ebay for more than I paid for it and have a positive roi right now. If I were smart I would have sold it when it arrived to some sucker for $750 on ebay and made double my money back, but I like mining. That said hell would have to freeze over before I made an other purchase with bfl.

"Positive ROI right now" - please explain more. You got your money back already? Wink
vpasic

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:30:06 PM

"Positive ROI right now" - please explain more. You got your money back already? Wink

if you payed something $250 and sell it next day for $750  that is what called "Positive ROI right now" and hell of a earning!!!!
you don't need to be genius to calculate that with 8GH power he didn't ROI in one month back! he is far away from that!

eman5oh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:00:32 PM

if you payed something $250 and sell it next day for $750  that is what called "Positive ROI right now" and hell of a earning!!!!
you don't need to be genius to calculate that with 8GH power he didn't ROI in one month back! he is far away from that!

Exactly, I have been doing well by purchasing overpriced hardware mining for a bit with it and selling it on ebay for what I payed fro it or more, keeping the btc that was mined as well. I will admit some of it is timing and the other part is luck. The whole thing has been fun so far.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

Nice one!
Can you please be so king and enlight me and tell me what miner he can buy now to earn anything?Huh
So first ROI and then earn!!!

Gee, if I give that info out then everyone will buy the item in question, the price will scream up, and no one will earn anything.

However using one's little ole noggin and some thought, one can make 100% return bitcoin for bitcoin.

C
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: