Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:07:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Space Raffle! Hoping to generate buzz for BTC with this. Feedback appreciated  (Read 1025 times)
yguy (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 07:56:00 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2013, 09:28:22 PM by yguy

Check out my site for a space raffle. If successful, this could generate some buzz for Bitcoin!

So far I've been told to use an escrow and prove that
the funds are available. Can anyone recommend a reliable escrow?

edit*

Thanks for the interest everyone. Took the site down to redesign based off of feedback.

AbraxasCcs
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1032

Beyond the flavor!

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:03:50 PM

DannyHamilton or (why not?) bitescrow.org.

Mine Chococoin, eat real chocolate!
Bitrated user: Abraxas.
yguy (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:08:25 PM

Thanks!

I'll have to get in touch with DannyHamilton as bitescrow.org was not found. Is that the correct web address?
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:18:54 PM

1 millibit sounds kinda cheap for a raffle prize to win a trip into space. Skeptical Cat is skeptical.

List of escrowers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0
AbraxasCcs
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1032

Beyond the flavor!

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:23:29 PM

Thanks!

I'll have to get in touch with DannyHamilton as bitescrow.org was not found. Is that the correct web address?

http://www.bitescrow.org/ It is right. But bitescrow is a software. You will need two person with high reputation to start a escrow in it. But with bitescrow nobody can run with the money.

Mine Chococoin, eat real chocolate!
Bitrated user: Abraxas.
yguy (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:24:08 PM

Thanks!

My consideration for the price was to make it close to $1 USD.

.01 would probably be better. Am just trying to keep barrier to entry low. .001 BTC seemed ok but that would require 300,000 tickets to be sold.

Any other thoughts on price from anyone?

Thanks for the list of escrows.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:30:54 PM

My problem with all of these 'trips into space' is that they are two-way trips with no destination at the other end and no way to build a destination at the other end.

I want three things in a 'trip into space' lottery prize:  First, I want a destination to go to where it is possible for people to self-sufficiently live their lives and build infrastructure. Second, I want a one-way not a two-way ticket, and third, I want an apartment to live in, or an offer of local employment sufficient to pay for one on an ongoing basis, when I get there. 

yguy (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:34:38 PM

My problem with all of these 'trips into space' is that they are two-way trips with no destination at the other end and no way to build a destination at the other end.

I want three things in a 'trip into space' lottery prize:  First, I want a destination to go to where it is possible for people to self-sufficiently live their lives and build infrastructure. Second, I want a one-way not a two-way ticket, and third, I want an apartment to live in, or an offer of local employment sufficient to pay for one on an ongoing basis, when I get there. 

Agreed. Wish I had the ability to make that happen.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:35:24 PM

Yes, I would highly reccomend not giving him any money. He is new to the forums and is now gonna get enough in donations for a flight to space?

For those interested, I am working on a simailr page already and it will be up hopefully before the new year.

For those of you who do not know me, I own virtualminergame.com as said in my signature, I also have alot of trust here on the forums and on bitcoin-otc on freenode.
yguy (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:42:14 PM

Yes, I would highly reccomend not giving him any money. He is new to the forums and is now gonna get enough in donations for a flight to space?

For those interested, I am working on a simailr page already and it will be up hopefully before the new year.

For those of you who do not know me, I own virtualminergame.com as said in my signature, I also have alot of trust here on the forums and on bitcoin-otc on freenode.

Thanks! Just trying to promote Bitcoin for the greater good of everyone. Not scamming anyone here. It makes sense that with a low rating, its tough to get trust.

If you would like any help with your site, let me know! I'd buy a ticket.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:50:42 PM

Thanks! Just trying to promote Bitcoin for the greater good of everyone. Not scamming anyone here. It makes sense that with a low rating, its tough to get trust.

if your interested, we can possibly merge?
It could work out as you have the site and I have the trust/deeper bitcoin know how so to speak.

Shoot me a pm and we can talk
yguy (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 08:56:41 PM

if your interested, we can possibly merge?
It could work out as you have the site and I have the trust/deeper bitcoin know how so to speak.

Shoot me a pm and we can talk

Yes.

Will shoot you a PM. I'm not looking for much here besides some more buzz for Bitcoin and would be very interested in merging up.

I envision a little article on foxnews or cnn saying someone won a trip to space off of a Bitcoin raffle. Imagine the impact that could make!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: