Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:33:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin a "private" currency?  (Read 2436 times)
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:56:00 PM

I think it is wrong to call bitcoin a "private" currency.

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

It depends on what you call "private" but, if it's the same as we all understand in the English language then I'm tempted to ask "how can a currency be private ?". We interchangeably use money as it moves from person to person so how can it be private?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:31:10 AM

I think bitcoin is not a private currency. It is a decentralized currency though. I believe satoshi nakamoto want bitcoin transparent, so everyone can trace every transactions of bitcoin.
If you interested in private currency, you may want to look into private coins like XMR or XVG.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 02:59:46 AM

On the contrary, imo bitcoin is much more of a public currency that any national currency is.

It is public since the public owns the nodes and miners. Although they are considered by state as private individuals.

pompinkpomelo

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:13:27 AM

No it's not at ALL. Especially if skilled people are trying to uncover who you are. Hopefully we can fix this.
cavs23

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:15:23 AM

For me Bitcoin is not private in the fact that its decentralized and anyone interested on it is welcome to use and join it. But no matter what let just take it as a private currency to have our privacy.
Toraokun

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 03:18:11 AM

No bitcoin is not private currency, because many people using this currency. Sadly government did not support this currency

▁▁▁▁▁█  SERENITY  █▁▁▁▁▁
▮▮ SERENITYSOURCE.com.au ▮▮
▔▔▔ENERGY  ON  THE  GO▔▔▔
bishopcrypto

Activity: 139
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 12:01:37 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2018, 12:45:18 PM by bishopcrypto

Bitcoin is less private than an ATM transaction. It is pseudoanonymous, but you can trace BTC with a little effort.

Privacy coins like Dash, Verge, Monero, Zcash are better options for privacy.

Or you can try using a BTC mixer, but then you have to trust the people mixing for you...

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️FULLYREKT.COM☀️
venessamatra

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:07:23 PM

I am also agree with you
tripto

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:11:38 PM

Yeah you are right
mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:34:37 PM

I think bitcoin is not a private currency, because the bitcoin currency of the people because now many people use bitcoin for currency, but not personal currency.
BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 12:41:01 PM

It's not the private currency, if your question is targeted on ownership of bitcoin. It doesn't belong to only one person or group of persons. It belongs to everyone who can use it. And it's being made with intention to have some general public role so that everyone who can afford it or earn it, can use it. At least I see it like that.
Also if you think about the privacy of the user this is also very relative question because if you are a bitcoin user you can't fully protect your privacy and use bitcoin completely anonimously.
billsted86

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 07:57:07 PM

I think Bitcoin is not a private currency. The holders, investors in bitcoin now public. At first the knowledge about bitcoin was hide and look personal or private currency. But it is very sorrow that, now all the public start to invest in bitcoin.It's  call as a public currency.
TimesVeronica

Activity: 73

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

btc maximum community community is deepweb.
HukoJla

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

Whoever invented bitcoin, it has nothing to do with those who own it today. In fact, this is the newest financial instrument, which is much more profitable than the American dollar. In fact, this is a private currency, the owner can raise and lower himself as he pleases, constantly receiving income (since he plays tagged cards)
raybut37

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:58:24 AM

Yes bitcoin is a common currency that accepted by so many countries world wide and aside of being a digital currency it can be used also as an investment and might become more profitable once the market price is increasing.
lani123lani

Activity: 719
Merit: 10

ORBIS PLATFORM

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:24:44 PM

But I heard some people. bitcoin is probably a private currency because he is not held by the government and has no taxes. so personally called a personal currency.

teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

I think we cannot say bitcoin private or public in a sense that it is available to everyone but also we need to buy it in order to have one
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 09:44:34 PM

Yes bitcoin is a common currency that accepted by so many countries world wide and aside of being a digital currency it can be used also as an investment and might become more profitable once the market price is increasing.
[/quote
To my observation and research Bitcoin is partially private because not everyone has access to it even here in the blockchain or crypto community many of us don't have bitcoin. According to the research I carry out it says that bitcoin is an unregulated digital private currency created by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009. Though it's acceptable by some countries why many keep avoiding it to secure their economy and citizens.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:47:35 PM

Bitcoin is not a private currency, because no one can claim it. We know that it was created by a person or a group of individuals under the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto. However, this person or persons actually remained uninstalled and do not pretend to be the inventor of crypto currency. Therefore, everyone knows that the crypto currency has no owner. Proceeding from this, it can not be considered the property of a certain person or persons, and therefore can not be considered private property. At the same time, bitcoin is created with open source code and everyone can use it to create their own crypto currency using bitcoin history. This also indicates the complete decentralization of bitcoin and the absence of its owner.

whoisyourking

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 02:16:23 AM

Your understanding about private and public is wrong word public in a country are the things that manage by the government and the word private in government is the thing that they not own it is usaully own by individuals so the bitcoin system is a private property.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: