Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:19:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my experience in paxful  (Read 149 times)
depelo (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:35:48 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 03:23:07 AM by depelo

hello all bit surfers

I'm Selling on pax from 1 week, and i'm relative new with bitcoins.
i want to share my experience with you.

I created my paxful account and started to sell bitcoin for online payments, at very good price (5% commision, when the others are working with 10%) first and second day went good.
In the 3th day, i received one visit, from other seller (with a fake account of course) who "warned" me.
He basically say "or you lower the prices, or me and other 20 my friends will block your account" after that starte to come a lot of buyers, who open trades, set as payed, and then open disputes. they dont ask anithing, just do that!

actually i have 2 opened disputes, and one is from 21 hours, with relative bitcoins frozen.

i writed about to support, but they solve anything.

How is possible this? one only person with 4 or 5 virtual machines, and one vpn can block other sellere, so easy? and support do anythig about?

This is my only unlucky experience? or is common in that comunity?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:51:44 AM

I heard many complaints about Paxful and until now it's still not solved.
I suggest you try to keep reach the support and explain all that you experienced about using their service including your evidence.
Also, you can try to contact their support here https://www.facebook.com/paxful
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 07:18:55 AM

Communicating with the support team with correct and clear information is the best way to solve your problem. Try social media for a quick response.
I have not used paxful for a while but most of these sites require proof of identity. Therefore, the truth of your problem, it will be temporary and limited.

In the past, the support team's response was very quick(less than 3 hours)

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:22:25 AM

hello all bit surfers

I created my paxful account and started to sell bitcoin for online payments, at very good price (5% commision, when the others are working with 10%) first and second day went good.
In the 3th day, i received one visit, from other seller (with a fake account of course) who "warned" me.
He basically say "or you lower the prices, or me and other 20 my friends will block your account" after that starte to come a lot of buyers, who open trades, set as payed, and then open disputes. they dont ask anithing, just do that!

actually i have 2 opened disputes, and one is from 21 hours, with relative bitcoins frozen.

How is possible this? one only person with 4 or 5 virtual machines, and one vpn can block other sellere, so easy? and support do anythig about?

It seems like a pretty unlikely scenario for sure, and if it really happened it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Paxful support should be able to resolve all the disputes in your favor, provided that you provide clear proof that nothing was sent to you as a reward.

Blackmailing you to lower your rates is definitely the first time I've heard of this happen on any P2P trading platform.

I don't think that there is an IP restriction on the number of accounts on Paxful, which explains the numerous alts the person used to attack you. Unfortunately, having buyers marking payment as paid without sending anything is a thing that you have to cope with on Paxful, that's just the truth. Just wait for the support's response, it'll pretty much definitely be ruled in your favor.

Smiley
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:17:19 AM

https://preview.ibb.co/nuKiqd/disputes.jpg

passed 21 hours and still my dispute is without any type of support...
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:55:47 PM

hello guys.
my problems are going to the solve way.
now i only have 1 only dispute still opened.

until now i had this experience:

from begin, in total 3 customers clicked in paid and didnt payed, then opened a dispute.

for first dispute, i waited 7 hours and then contacted the support.
they responded me this:

Hi ********I'm Jane. Thank you for being a valuable customer of Paxful. I am here to help you. 
Our apologies for the delay. We kindly ask for your patience as we have an unusually high volume of ongoing disputes right now and are doing all we can to resolve these as fast as possible.

but 30 min later, my dispute was closed in my favour.

for second and 3th dispute i waited 24h for contact, and they responded with same message but again 30 min later one of my 2 disputes was closed in my favour.

only a coincidence?

atm i have only one dispute opened from over 24h

Koloulinger

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:59:24 PM

paxful is trusted
same with localbitcoin system pair to pair, buy and sell direct member to member
but transfer bitcoin to paxful founder, if direct danger

you must send support ticket if have problem

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:49:02 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2018, 01:22:25 AM by depelo

yes i too think  pax is trusted.
but the problem is in their times for respond.
I, for example had 250 usd frozen over 24 Hours, just becouse 2 users opened a trade, clicked in paid and went offline , without even give me time to say anything.
And in 24 hours bitcoin went down, so i losed money.

that is the only problem! 24 hours for check one dispute is too much time!
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:53:47 AM

So essentially, a person opened escrow on two accounts for the sole sake of getting your funds tied up in escrow? Jeez  Undecided

If nothing was sent to you, and the buyer doesn't have the proof that he has sent anything to you at all (which he probably won't even bother doctoring screenshots for), and you can prove that nothing has been received from your end, combined with the lack of communication from the buyer, it should be an easy case as soon as support is able to attend to it for you. Just make sure you get all the evidence ready, and organised.

yes i too think  pax is trusted.
but the problem is in their times for respond.
I, for example had 250 usd frozen over 24 Hours, just becouse 2 users opened a trade, clicked in paid and went offline , without even give me time to say anything.
And in 24 hours bitcoin went down, so i losed money.

that is the only problem! 24 hours for check one dispute is too much time!

It is a bit too long for disputes, I think it used to be much quicker than that for Paxful but perhaps due to the fact that they are not able to handle the increased volume over the past year, as well as LBC not allowing high volume annoymous traders anymore, that their support became as slow as it is right now.
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:49:34 AM

this is a copy paste about that transaction (in dispute by 2 days)

Skrill. 0.01095243 bitcoins (95.37 USD) is now in escrow. It is safe for the buyer to pay now. The buyer has 30 Minutes to make payment before the trade expires. Once the buyer has made payment they should click the PAID button and the trade will not expire.

Buyer has marked this trade as paid. Please confirm you have been paid and only then release bitcoins.
May 15th 2018 2:40 AM

hello
May 15th 2018 5:42 AM

A dispute has been started by Umeshsharma. The reason is: A moderator will decide which party to award bitcoins in escrow based on proof of payment and the following of offer instructions.
May 15th 2018 6:36 AM

?
May 15th 2018 7:26 AM

mate why marked as paid?
May 15th 2018 7:49 AM

and that is all!
the transaction is for one online payment, and i never gived him my details, so is impossible he payed..

i cant provide any evidence to moderator, becouse we are still waiting for one moderator... from 2 days!
ibuddy122505

Activity: 1057
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 11:46:48 AM

That's the bitter experience! You mate must go in the long procedure that sure. I’ve also used paxful but users must be careful not to get scammed, check for history of the seller to be sure all sales have been positive. In the cases, Only keep waiting to get attention, that's how it will sort out.
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:18:32 PM

hello guys, passed 4 days and i'm still waiting for one moderator, with my 100 usd blocked...

this is the answer from they client support:

Hi this is Mitch!
Thank you for getting in touch.
We ask for your patience as we review. Please note for disputes we are currently backed up and may take up to a week as our moderators work on the queue.
Please wait and we will definitely update you about this here. Thank you.
bratko99

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:51:48 PM

Hmm, It's probably unlucky, I guess.
I have used Paxful in the past but only with verified users. Helped a lot. They had tons of good feedback and I assumed It's all good.
Gladly it was, happy about that. Since Is not just you, I've seen many people like this, getting scammed or whatever.

depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:53:59 AM

Dispute awarded to deplumas
May 20th 2018 1:19 AM

after 5 days.. one moderator finally arrived.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:03:25 AM

hello guys, passed 4 days and i'm still waiting for one moderator, with my 100 usd blocked...

this is the answer from they client support:

Hi this is Mitch!
Thank you for getting in touch.
We ask for your patience as we review. Please note for disputes we are currently backed up and may take up to a week as our moderators work on the queue.
Please wait and we will definitely update you about this here. Thank you.

Dispute awarded to deplumas
May 20th 2018 1:19 AM

after 5 days.. one moderator finally arrived.

There you go... I have to say that I'm definitely not impressed with their efficiency, though. I believe that most people have had their disputes resolved within a day in the past, which is part of the reason why they were a popular alternative to localbitcoins.

Perhaps this is caused by the recent LBC announcement that they will have to request traders to get verified once they hit a certain limit, and that caused some traders to ditch LBC altogether for Paxful, which is causing this backlog. But who knows, 5 days for a simple dispute is still unacceptable.

BTW, wasn't there two disputes that you were involved with? What's the status on the other one?
depelo (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

hello i had 3 disputes in total.
opened in the same day.

One opened from me, and 2 from buyers trolls.
one opened from buyer was solved during the day, that other opened from me taked 1 or 2 days (dont remember exactly now) and this last taked over 4 days
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:58:18 PM

hello all bit surfers

If you had written to support in this way, I doubt if they would respond to you because from what I have read, I have not seen any effective communication happening here. I have used Paxful in the past and have not had any issue. Their support also have been responding but you really need to work on your communication or better still, communicate in your local language because you might be disappointed if the other party who is wrong is being justified because he can communicate. More so, its an individual that would decide who should be justified or not. #my advice.

hello i had 3 disputes in total.
opened in the same day.

One opened from me, and 2 from buyers trolls.
one opened from buyer was solved during the day, that other opened from me taked 1 or 2 days (dont remember exactly now) and this last taked over 4 days
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: