Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCGuild - SolidCoin Fork of BTC Guild  (Read 5451 times)
Kermee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:23:58 AM

Regarding rejected shares:  This morning I updated to the most recent solidcoind for 64-bit linux.  If the stale rates are still high, there's nothing more I can do about it.  It's using a mostly stock pushpool configuration, but it was receiving a lot of duplicate work from solidcoind itself.
Still way high. Something is wrong with your SC pool. Overloaded?

It's a problem in solidcoind, not pushpool, the database, or the servers.  I've used two different pre-compiled binaries from the website, and also compiling it straight from the source.  The only thing left I can think of is seeing how easily I can implement JoelKatz's patches into solidcoind.

It's PushPool. Wink  PoolServerJ would probably eliminate most of the stales/rejects to an acceptable level.

Cheers,
Kermee
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kermee

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 03:19:33 AM

Best... solved block... EVAH!

Cheers,
Kermee

P.S. No. It wasn't me.
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:07:03 AM

There was an error processing your payout. Please try again.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
Kermee

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:17:00 AM

There was an error processing your payout. Please try again.

I just did a payout with no issue. -- Check to make sure you have a valid payout address.

Cheers,
Kermee
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 06:44:50 AM

It's the same address I used for my past four payments, all successful. Still happening..

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:10:19 PM

Is this gone too?

No block confirmations again.

Another daemon bug?

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:46:47 PM

Is this gone too?

Another daemon bug?

Confirmations fixed.  SC Guild will be shutting off in 1 week.  I planned on keeping this running, since the new server setup was much cheaper to maintain, but after the last few days, I'm withdrawing all support for RealSolid/CoinHunter and SolidCoins.

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:52:16 PM

Is this gone too?

Another daemon bug?

Confirmations fixed.  SC Guild will be shutting off in 1 week.  I planned on keeping this running, since the new server setup was much cheaper to maintain, but after the last few days, I'm withdrawing all support for RealSolid/CoinHunter and SolidCoins.

Due to licensing changes in SolidCoin, the arrogance of the developer, and his complete lack of respect to developers of the project he based his entire project on, SC Guild will be going offline on September 11th (one week from this notice). Any developer of a massive online platform should welcome bug reports and fix them, not cry and complain when someone uses them to prove the point that the developer refused to acknowledge.

The pool will keep functioning until September 7th, to give users time to change their miners. Payouts will stop being available at noon on September 11th (PDT).

+1 Another nail in the coffin of solidcoins.

Better sell your coins before the difficulty drops so far mining will become so easy your coins "value" will be inflated away.

LOL

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:04:22 PM

eleuthria, I support your decision 100%. Nevertheless, is there any way to program a mass payout of all accounts on Sep. 11 so that people won't complain that they "missed the notice" or some such?
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:09:23 PM

eleuthria, I support your decision 100%. Nevertheless, is there any way to program a mass payout of all accounts on Sep. 11 so that people won't complain that they "missed the notice" or some such?

If I do a mass payout, most people will never see their coins either way.  Most accounts have no wallet at all.  Most of the ones that do use SC Exchange (Bitparking) wallets, which are no longer being supported by doublec.

Lumpy

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:11:25 PM

Got it. Though it may not matter anyway. What will the coins really be worth in a week's time? Tongue
Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:50:31 PM

eleuthria, have you even tried to discuss the issues you have with the solidcoin guy before you decided to shut down your exchange?

i bet quite a few people have lost a fair bit of money. Why don't you let it up to the people if they want to mine SC or not?

Thanks to this drama, Bitcoin itself has probably felt quite an aftershock as well.

solidcoin -> bitcoin -> USD, thus driving the price down.

Since you knew when you were going to shut down the exchange, you would have sold your holdings just before the crash, thank you very much.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:51:26 PM

I don't run any exchange, just a pool.

wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 10:55:08 PM

If I do a mass payout, most people will never see their coins either way.  Most accounts have no wallet at all.  Most of the ones that do use SC Exchange (Bitparking) wallets, which are no longer being supported by doublec.

Yeah, since CoinHunter's arrogance means massive amounts of diskspace needed to sync the block chain, it's a lot harder to run it on an old spare computer. I don't have any willingness to trust running it on a machine with a Bitcoin wallet given CoinHunter's arrogance and intentional spreading of misinformation about the competitor whos code he depended on to make his own "product." Especially after his dick move of specifically stating in the "new license" that Bitcoin isn't allowed any bug fixes or improvements he makes. Even ixcoins isn't that blatantly pathetic.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Frozenace

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:08:37 PM

Sorry, that's what I meant, a pool.

eleuthria, I guess you're not denying then that you sold off most of your solid coins before you released your announcement.

Btw. wolftaur, the damage has been done, no point in ranting further about CoinHunter's moral qualities.

In an ideal world, bit parking, btc guild and the solidcoin guy should have had discussions before any stupid moves occur. Lucky for me that I just started mining solid coins today, haha.

In my opinion, crypto currencies can only survive with a certain degree of stability.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:10:46 PM

Actually, I sold the majority of my coins back when they were actually worth something (~0.02).  But I don't deny that I sold the rest of my coins after posting my announcement.  Not that it mattered, the price tanked when doublec closed bitparking, not as a result of me cashing out.

wolftaur

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:13:02 PM

In an ideal world, bit parking, btc guild and the solidcoin guy should have had discussions before any stupid moves occur. Lucky for me that I just started mining solid coins today, haha.

Discussions wouldn't have helped. When I was first talking to CoinHunter we got along just fine. He even gave me a bunch of solid coins just for the hell of it. After ArtForz spotted a few vulnerabilities I basically went to CoinHunter in private and asked if he'd have wanted me to help him go over them and see if they were exploitable.

He pretty much just flipped out on me. He couldn't handle the idea that someone thought he might have made a mistake in his work.

If doublec and/or Eleuthria stated they tried talking to him and got nowhere, my own personal experience would tell me to believe them and ignore any claim CoinHunter made to the contrary.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Frozenace

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:15:00 PM

Ouch... he can't seem to be able to handle being god and the printing press at the same time.

wolftaur

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Ouch... he can't seem to be able to handle being god and the printing press at the same time.

In all fairness, I doubt there are many that could. I think any fork that is just under the control of one person is automatically suspect. Almost any real FOSS project needs multiple people who all have equal authority and control. Especially here. If a huge part of the premise is decentralization, how is there validity in centralizing so much with one sole person with no checks and balances internal to the project itself?

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 11:28:27 PM

If doublec and/or Eleuthria stated they tried talking to him and got nowhere, my own personal experience would tell me to believe them and ignore any claim CoinHunter made to the contrary.

I can't speak for doublec, but I haven't made much contact with RealSolid in the past.  My impression was he hated me and BTC Guild ever since I made the original BTC Guild fork for I0Coins.  I gave SC support at first, thinking we may have had a sub-BTC type fork for small transactions with fast confirms.  At first I didn't think much about how the ArtForz issue was handled, but the logs of the chat between RealSolid and gavinanderson put me over the edge.

You don't base something off the work of others, then start going off about how bad their work was, how much better yours is, then refuse to help them when you find an issue.  If you're so damn good, make your own BTC-clone currency from scratch [without looking at the BTC code while you do it].

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: