Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Chains for Productive vs Entertainment purposes (think food stamps)  (Read 773 times)
opticbit (OP)

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 10:50:29 PM

I was remembering the discussion about BeerCoin and it mostly came out as a joke

I was thinking It might be good to have a separate chains for Basic Necessities, Productive things, and Entertainment. And maybe some other thing I haven't thought of.

This would complicate things, and its nowhere near time to do it.  NameCoin is still much less popular.  Are there any other Active chains?  I know theres SolidCoin and a few others but does anyone take them seriously?

what I am suggesting, would need wide spread adoption of bitcoin first, and the NecessitiesCoin would be something like FoodStamps/Welfare/HUD.

Depending on what is going on with the economy Entertainment or Doing productive things could be more or less valuable, but could fluctuate more independently from each other.

Just something fun to think about

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: