Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:37:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying 30 LTC for 1 BTC  (Read 1283 times)
Bono (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:50:57 AM

I'd like to try my hand at LTC.

Given the current exchange rates (USD, BTC-E charts) I think 30 LTC for 1 BTC is a decent deal.

Please get my attention here or PM me for details.

I haven't tried my hand at Peer 2 Peer transfers yet (I stick to online banks like Coinbase) so I'd kinda prefer to get my precious LTC first from a trusted forum member... hope that's not a big deal.  Tongue

Thanks!

Bono (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:48:21 AM

Bumping.

Got a few PMs but all from people with low trust ratings/couldn't work out a deal.

Still very interested in this.
opnoskatt

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:50:30 AM

If you're looking for a trusted forum member why do you want them to send the LTC first?  If you're requiring the other person to take all the risk it shouldn't matter.

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
FZ: FA3HLhx8iyGPniYoHHyDxMREno6KtwnoiY
XPM: AdKrkQzdJmQPrx2Kujybycrxt5yvN4n1W8
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:57:44 AM

The person making the offer usually sends first.
Stultiloquy

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:11:25 AM

Given the current exchange rates (USD, BTC-E charts) I think 30 LTC for 1 BTC is a decent deal.

I haven't tried my hand at Peer 2 Peer transfers yet (I stick to online banks like Coinbase) so I'd kinda prefer to get my precious LTC first from a trusted forum member... hope that's not a big deal.  Tongue

Thanks!

Hint: you can just go to BTC-E and buy! But then you can't scam anyone, right?  Wink
Bono (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:13:32 AM

If you're looking for a trusted forum member why do you want them to send the LTC first?  If you're requiring the other person to take all the risk it shouldn't matter.

Thanks!

Hint: you can just go to BTC-E and buy! But then you can't scam anyone, right?  Wink

Call me paranoid. The messages I've been getting have not been from trusted, long-time members. Thus far most of my conversations have been "NO U GO FIRST" with other 0 trust members.

I don't appreciate the attacks on my integrity. It's simply hard to get started when you don't have a résumé. (Much like the real world)
opnoskatt

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:15:39 AM

Thanks!

Call me paranoid. The messages I've been getting have not been from trusted, long-time members. Thus far most of my conversations have been "NO U GO FIRST" with other 0 trust members.

I don't appreciate the attacks on my integrity. It's simply hard to get started when you don't have a résumé. (Much like the real world)

I think everyone is wondering why you don't just make the trade on an exchange?  Generally forum trades consist of little known altcoins that aren't listed yet.  You can set up a free account in a matter of minutes at any of the exchanges and have your trade done and back into your personal wallet in 10 minutes... with no risk at all.

Address list -> seems to be the cool thing to do, you can give me cryptocash for nothing!
nastybit

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:17:26 AM

Dude, I perfectly understand, why don't you use a well recognized escrow from this forum?
Also, where do you live? You could also use localbitcoins
But let me reiterate:

Hint: you can just go to BTC-E and buy! But then you can't scam anyone, right?  Wink
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:17:54 AM

I might be interested, if you would do small quantity trades to gain trust.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Stultiloquy

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:19:46 AM

Cheesy
Activity: 14
Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Bono (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:22:16 AM

Dude, I perfectly understand, why don't you use a well recognized escrow from this forum?
But let me reiterate:

Hint: you can just go to BTC-E and buy! But then you can't scam anyone, right?  Wink

One member who contacted me said he'd contact SaltySpitoon (trusted escrow guy), but that was a day ago, and since then a scam report has appeared on his account.

I also set up an account on BTC-e a few days ago using the same username (Bono) but NONE of the options they had to transfer fiat were working, so I just said fuck it.

If, at this point, anyone is willing to perform smaller transactions with me, please let me know.
Stultiloquy

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:23:38 AM

I also set up an account on BTC-e a few days ago using the same username (Bono) but NONE of the options they had to transfer fiat were working, so I just said fuck it.
You can deposit bitcoins to BTC-e.
opnoskatt

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:27:48 AM

But let me reiterate:

One member who contacted me said he'd contact SaltySpitoon (trusted escrow guy), but that was a day ago, and since then a scam report has appeared on his account.

If, at this point, anyone is willing to perform smaller transactions with me, please let me know.

fiat?  who said anything about fiat?  Just transfer 1 BTC to BTC-e, and then trade it for LTC... the end.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:28:47 AM

I can do this. Send 1 BTC to 1Ay6BJRhdLszeJNJ8Cm1JVZFCQUvQbmT4M and I'll send you 30 LTC. Just let me know what address.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:31:24 AM

There you go, Bono, a trusted forum member with very high trust rating.
Bono (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not negative feedback on his account?

https://i.imgur.com/ZGsRtOc.png
opnoskatt

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:38:30 AM

Read what you just linked to... it's a bunch of negative feedback from scammers.  He has a very high score and we'll all vouch for him.  Either make the trade or go scam somewhere else.

lencom

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:39:42 AM

FYI.. Anyone can put negative feedback on your account. Just because. Its not fair.. but thats life. Like right now I can put neg on urs
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:40:40 AM

Read what you just linked to... it's a bunch of negative feedback from scammers.  He has a very high score and we'll all vouch for him.  Either make the trade or go scam somewhere else.

Doesn't get any more legit than Tomato.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Bono (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:50:52 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 03:05:33 AM by Bono

Read what you just linked to... it's a bunch of negative feedback from scammers.  He has a very high score and we'll all vouch for him.  Either make the trade or go scam somewhere else.

Is this really how you treat newer members?

Your mommy needs to teach you some civil discourse.

While she's busy doing that, I may get in touch with Mr. Tomato and see what we can work out. Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: