Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:17:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy bit coins?  (Read 593 times)
Revelations86 (OP)

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:09:13 AM

Anyone know where I can buy bitcoins instantly?   I'm already on Coinbase but I have to wait 30 days before I can buy instantly.  I've also tried several site like btcquick and they make you jump through 30 hoops and it still doesn't work.
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:12:50 AM

localbitcoins.com
Lightweight

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:28:47 AM

virwox
medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:33:29 AM

If you are in the US then maybe CampBX. Up to $1,000 without all the verifications I think. Just link your account like Coinbase.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

www.virwox.com

PayPal -> USD -> SLL -> BTC

Around 10% fees in all bit it is quick. (Please note it could be 48 hour withdrawal for your first BTC)
bitsport

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:35:27 AM

I decided to use bitstamp.net. I did have to go through their verification process (DL and utility bill to prove address) which took four days and the international wire took 24 hours even though they said to expect 4-5 days. Less than a week in all. 

After that, I've been able to buy BTC (instantly or with limit orders) through the Bitstamp exchange with zero issues and no delays.
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:04:43 AM

Problem with Bitstamp is that for people that live in countries where you don't get utility bills sent in your name it's neigh on impossible to get verified. I would avoid Bitstamp like the plague - really unhelpful and absurd verification procedure.
longzai1988

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:13:55 AM

recommend localbitcoin, remember to trade with escrow and it is safe for both parties

sweet & happy cryptocurrency , cheers Smiley
NXT : NXT-HSBE-8PWL-CUCD-BHUD6
BTCD : RTaMoRXsA7uCv869dX1TfCZmHw4ExbMVmQ
internalaudit

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:15:49 AM

Problem with Bitstamp is that for people that live in countries where you don't get utility bills sent in your name it's neigh on impossible to get verified. I would avoid Bitstamp like the plague - really unhelpful and absurd verification procedure.
With bitstamp declaring residence in Slovenia and with Slovenian law only in a position to institute sanctions against Slovenians -- unless there is a specific treaty extending their reach -- you can safely construct all these scans by yourself using Photoshop.

If you use your own identity, you are not breaking any law in your non-Slovenian jurisdiction. If you use another identity, it would still require another offense before you are in trouble. In the end, it is your physical location that matters in terms of law enforcement (unless overruled by treaties).
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 03:16:51 AM

I use Coin base.  you need to go through the verification process before you try to buy.

It seems that if you use your credit card to verify, that you get flagged with suspicious transactions.  I recommend using the license and proof of residence.  Then buy like 0.01 BTC.

This does take a little time.  Once complete, it is worth the trouble.  I buy and sell with ease.  

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:54:50 AM

@Revelations86 It's possible to buy BTC instantly once your account get verified anyways you need to link a bank account and verify your phone with Coinbase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: