Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:55:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheaper In Bitcoins  (Read 15974 times)
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 10:37:44 PM

"Todays" on the main site should be "Today's".

Thanks mate!

Wait wouldn't that be, "Today is"?

The contraction "Today's" can mean "Today is" or "Belonging to Today"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 12:52:36 AM

I'm going to be selling more shares, I think their are two or three still floating around I need to pay off. I need to fix my contract of the minor error which I will do when I pay off the rest of the shares. I need about 2 or 3 more sales to do that...

I will be adding more products to the "home & garden" section. They will be updated in the next 24 hours!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 06:19:29 PM

I will be glad to offer customer Pics...  when my 5870 arrives.   

I still do not see tracking information, will this be updated? or should I just keep a sharp eye out for the ups truck Smiley

Jim

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:54:49 PM

I will be glad to offer customer Pics...  when my 5870 arrives.   

I still do not see tracking information, will this be updated? or should I just keep a sharp eye out for the ups truck Smiley

Jim

Definably! I was going to put tracking information for your particular product but, i figured it would confuse you (and the other few customers) seeing their products destination towards my business address since in this particular case I purchased from alternate supplier to try them out. In fact everyone's 5870's came today, I just need to repackage and resend.

You will see a tracking number when its on the way to your shipping location.

I'd also like to note that I am no longer selling things from this alternate supplier as they do not ship directly to the customer. they require everything to be shipped to my address, and this has been creating alot of angry people thinking I ran off with their BTC(not jjimm_64 tho he is chill as a bird). The main items affecting this decision will be some computer cases and all of the video cards.

Thanks for your time Jim!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 11:31:55 PM

2nd shipment of products are here!!!

(From left to right)

Bigbox: 2 cases
Middles box: 2 video cards
Right box: 1 video card
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 05:30:23 AM

Of course Im chill....  I already have about 40 gpus...  still deciding which one I'm gona knock out to put in the new 5870 Smiley

I just wanted to buy something with bitcoins, and I couldn't think of a better item then a 5870!!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2011, 01:21:38 PM

So I rewrote the original post to show some new people to CIB about the efforst I'm taking to keeping everyone safe.
The following is a copy and paste of what I wrote on the Original post, and the original post will be a quick and easy way to get updates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheaper In Bitcoins is going strong! So I'd like to take a minute to discuss some security measures I am taking to keeping everyones investment in the company safe(this includes investors and customers).

1]First off I'd like to say I use a 4096 Bit SSL encryption to keep your login credentials from being hi-jacked from you upon encryption(the 4096 bit may be down graded to 2048 scince I my certs were filtered through COMODO, I don't know what they do to the SSL but I know thats their minimum requirement)

2]The website has been audited through a PHP auditor program (nothing special honestly, it just makes sure I'm not prone to being MySql injected but thats about it)

3]The website has been stress tested by various auditors on the forum for a small bounty.(This was mainly to prevent from nasty error messages not securing the website in particular, I was asked if the database was off limites I told them they would get a bonus bounty if they could give me a SQL data dump, but I got no data-dump reported back. I also compared the original database to the database after the "crackings"/"hackings" and There was no altered data which basically means that no-one got in, unless of course the hacker was able to retrieve the info then changed the info to see if they could do it then changed it back to leave no trace. Which is quite possible but highly-doubtful).

4]Once BTCs are confirmed they are sent to an Off-line wallet immediately. So basically I got this script that sends all confirmed BTC's to a hard-coded BTC address, this address never sees the on-line world until I need to use it to refund bank accounts. Even then I go on this computer I got that is nothing special except that I wiped the whole thing, and put Ubuntu Linux on it and only use it for bussiness/CIB purposes. So its virtually impossible for CIB to get GOXED.

5]CIB is less prone to Phishing attacks since I purchased multiple "like" cheaperinbitcoins.com domain names a small list consists of the following
CHEAPERINBITCOIN.COM
CHEAPERINBITCOINS.COM
CHEAPERINCOINS.COM
CHEAPERINCOINS.NET
CHEAPERWITHBITCOIN.COM
CHEAPERWITHBITCOINS.COM
CHEAPERWITHCOINS.COM
CHEAPEREXCHANGE.COM
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:00:24 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2011, 07:41:02 PM by Xenland

Man... o man... everyone gonna flip! when they see all the new jquery effects. I'm thinking wont be another month till CIB is open back up again for bussiness! We need did get one sale before the close, so some bonds will be paid back.

Stay tuned everyone!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 07:39:13 PM

CIB will be done in 5 days or so and product purchase will be available again. After the update my cart will natively support Gift Cards, and "Multiple Options" for products and items so this means I can sell Books and have a "Hard Cover" or "Soft Cover" options available to choose from which makes it easier on the shopper since everything will be on one page and layed out all over the place
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:04:17 AM

So much more to be done I think I might be able to get the site going live by tonight who knows until then you can check out the new features. One of the most notable features is the exentsive use of JQuery and Ajax to help with everyones shopping experience. I want Bitcoin shops to look good and Authentic as possible so I hope this make Bitcoin look good in the end in comparison to fiat retail shops.

Here is an example product page that utilizes both available options types go ahead play with the qty and the options and watch the numbers change live:
http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?id=2621

My shipping options will be changing to Help assist me in getting faster shipping. So make sure you read the new terms of service page as well when the site goes live.

Oh yeah why is it so hard to leave this forum?
Its worse then being addicted to crack!
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:37:30 AM

I know...it is kind of depressing...but question, any idea if and when you'll get some more gpu's in? Then if anyone else shows interest, would stocking the HAF X be a future possibility? We have to have some people here who game, or do some overclocking work unrelated to bitcoin, and if so, the HAF X is an amazing case...heck any of the HAF series cases are great...just a thought...*Looks at his HAF X*...yea...I'm a little biased...
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 03:54:36 AM

I know...it is kind of depressing...but question, any idea if and when you'll get some more gpu's in? Then if anyone else shows interest, would stocking the HAF X be a future possibility? We have to have some people here who game, or do some overclocking work unrelated to bitcoin, and if so, the HAF X is an amazing case...heck any of the HAF series cases are great...just a thought...*Looks at his HAF X*...yea...I'm a little biased...

Tongue
That post made meh night!

Yeah I'll check into these HAF X....
 *Xenland searches through supplier products lists.....

Looks like I have these 2 (For some reason these are super expensive and have high shipping costs....)

The cost of this is $188.27
+Shipping cost(Flat Rate inside of USA): $150.00
http://computers.pricegrabber.com/cases/Cooler-Master-HAF-RC942KKN1-Black-Steel-Plastic/m792014722.html

I also have this one
The cost of this is $181.51
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=HAF+X&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8798012959753501500&sa=X&ei=89OLTpfYLc6ksQK9-Pm7BA&ved=0CDIQ8gIwAw

I wonder why shipping prices are soo expensive from my supplier, Maybe just shipping insurance? I wonder if the shipping prices are like these everywhere else?

On another note here is a page with multiple images to show off the photo gallery just click on the product image to see a variety of photos in a slide show format
http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?id=2584
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:10:51 AM

Tongue
That post made meh night!

Yeah I'll check into these HAF X....
 *Xenland searches through supplier products lists.....

Looks like I have these 2 (For some reason these are super expensive and have high shipping costs....)

The cost of this is $188.27
http://computers.pricegrabber.com/cases/Cooler-Master-HAF-RC942KKN1-Black-Steel-Plastic/m792014722.html

I also have this one
The cost of this is $181.51
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=HAF+X&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8798012959753501500&sa=X&ei=89OLTpfYLc6ksQK9-Pm7BA&ved=0CDIQ8gIwAw

I wonder why shipping prices are soo expensive from my supplier, Maybe just shipping insurance? I wonder if the shipping prices are like these everywhere else?

On another note here is a page with multiple images to show off the photo gallery just click on the product image to see a variety of photos in a slide show format
http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product.php?id=2584

Wow...that's insane shipping...even with insurance, it shouldn't be near that much...oh well, at least the option has been explored. But I do like the new look of the site, much cleaner.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 04:20:55 AM

Yes that is a bummer, the best I can do is cut off $5 from the price scince I'm selling everything for dirt cheap to get the ball rolling but what is $5 compared to that price tag so....that doesn't help XD .

I'm looking through other high priced cases and they are all exactly $150 shipping cost, they must do that for insurance I'm sure..unless they way like 50lbs?

If business keeps going like it is I'll be able to ditch my current supplier and get an even more authentic business going here. Looking our for some name brand wholesale suppliers if anybody wants to PM me for some help to get the Bitcoin ball rolling with some wholesalers options.

Remember Gift cards will be sold when the website is released Cheesy
This includes debit cards, godaddy cards, amazon, web hosting costs....etc,etc
I hope this solves the gift card "trust" issues I read around here.

----------------

Here is another update I forgot to point out:
There are now Jquery+Ajax sliders to help with pages and price ranges try out the sliders your self:
http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/product_listing.php?category=70

Sign ups will be available in the few days and the official website will be updated
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 02:15:50 PM

Release should be up tomorrow!
I'll keep you guys posted Cheesy

I hope I'm not just talking to my self here either Tongue
Lets hear some noise? You guys want to give Bitcoin a name help me help you. The better we make bitcoin look the higher the price goes. So if anybody has any suggestions at all I'm all ears. I'm a sensible person I believe an Idea only works with the original person assisting/involved in it for it to succeed; Just some assurance I'm not looking to steal Ideas I want to open business opportunities I'm open to paying commission for your ideas just name you price, I'll only use your idea if we are in an agreement.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 03:24:33 PM

Im always checking your site out, hoping coins bounce a bit up in value before i take one of your ironkeys from you <3
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 03:31:49 AM

Good to hear I got some peeps watching... as long as I got one Imma keep running my store.

Progress is going good. Just got 3 simple pages to do
"register"
"forgot password"
"cronjobs"

release should be here tomorrow as expected as long as everything goes alright.
I'm checking out "re-loadable debit" cards and how I can use them for my store.
It looks like it requires a lot of sensitive information in order to acquire one like social security and stuff like that
So instead of selling re-loadable debit cards I will sell my services to "reloading" already purchased debit cards.

In the future I will eventually hire someone with bank security expertise and probably run a Bitcoin Debit card system
but for now I'm going to see how this fails or succeeds before I do anything BIG!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:03:27 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2011, 10:23:16 AM by Xenland

Thought you guys might like these stats

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 07:31:12 PM

Slight delay but released move to tonight still finishing up some stuff and some testing
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 10:01:09 PM

We are watching, keep up the good work..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: