Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:48:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-e account unauthoriesed withdrawl.HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN  (Read 479 times)
HunterS (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:23:40 AM

Hey guys just looking for and answer here.I have raised ticket and they responed with in less than 10 minutes which I thought was great and lock my account while they look in to it which is not a problem at all.But can someone tell me how some one can log in to my btce account and transfer about 0.4 of a btc with out me recieving a log in notification which I get everytime I log in and a conformation email which was never sent it seems impossible to do.even if I was lying their is still no login email or conformation email sent when transaction took place. My email was not comprimised and if they changed the email than withdrawls would of been locked for 48 hours thats site rules.So how did the btc leave account with no conformation.\this is just not possible unless someone from btce who has access to accounts did it. its the only possible explanation.
and since i raised ticket 3 days ago after the initial reply they will no longer respond. I know its all a small amount but its the principle of the matter.also my account will remain locked untill solved

jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:32:41 AM

Sorry to hear about that - Not really sure what to suggest, just keep on at BTC-e for a resolution.
Doeboy

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:16:23 PM

Malware. There are several accounts posting fake links in the trollbox. Posting things like "check out the charts at bitcoin-wisdom.net"  it's the .net here that's the issue as it's not the real .com site. To be safe don't click on any of these links. They install trojan programs that can get your password.

Setup 2 factor authentication so it will require a second confirmation of your identity, usually a phone where it will text and you- put the code they text into the login field as directed. The only issue with this is the instructions are currently only written in russian when you try to set it up!

Hope this helps.

P.S you need to do a virus sweep of your computer..
HunterS (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:50:43 PM

Cheers guys will do.Still dont understand how the withdrawl happened with no conformation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: