Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Game has moved from geeks to: wealthy ppl, banksters and gov.  (Read 1951 times)
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:35:45 AM

The game was with the early adopters, the geeks.

Now has moved to the bankers and government, with recent reports reporting that gov has the largest wallet, plus they can just buy the whole of bitcoin since they can print all the money they want.

That is why the price of the devices is high currently. IT IS NOT FOR ME AND YOU. BUT for newbiews with at least few hundred thousand $$$ and up to gov and banksters.

I don't understand why we people are such a fackups. Always have to fack up all good ideas.

Connect to me if you want via

facefixxi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
light888

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:53:47 AM

It's not screwed up. The reason wealthy people are picking up Bitcoin is because it has a real intrinsic value that no other currency can provide. It is in fact starting to grow. You can print all the paper money you like but it will just inflate the currency and Bitcoin prices will "grow" in this case. Notice how you can buy a cup of coffee for a much lower price for the last few decades.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 11:56:05 AM

You can still buy a whole Bitcoin before 1 mbtc is worth $100

black_swan

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:59:44 AM

It has never been a game, early adopters saw potential and invested on it and they had their return.
Now bigger players might be interested as well, what's wrong? More money in, things get serious, nothing changed.
knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:00:53 PM

You can still buy a whole Bitcoin before 1 mbtc is worth $100
Wink

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:14:50 PM

The game was with the early adopters, the geeks.

Now has moved to the bankers and government, with recent reports reporting that gov has the largest wallet, plus they can just buy the whole of bitcoin since they can print all the money they want.

Capitalists and governments will always step in when there's money to be made. And if they can just keep printing money to buy BTC, then they could print themselves out of debt or just buy the entire world.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

Capitalists and governments will always step in when there's money to be made. And if they can just keep printing money to buy BTC, then they could print themselves out of debt or just buy the entire world.
They can until someone finally realises their money is worthless and says "Precious metals, jewels or natural resources, please, I can wipe my ass with your paper". We are getting really close to that moment.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:17:10 PM

They can until someone finally realises their money is worthless and says "Precious metals, jewels or natural resources, please, I can wipe my ass with your paper". We are getting really close to that moment.

This.  Once enough people realize that the paper is now worthless their game will be up.  We aren't there yet, but the time may be close if the printing continues for long.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:21:37 PM

Or even precious Bitcoin internet money?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:18:41 PM

USA own enough bitcoins to repay its debt. It was impossible for them to repay it before, but now...

mindfulmojo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:34:36 PM

USA own enough bitcoins to repay its debt. It was impossible for them to repay it before, but now...

They do not. The debt is HUGE, and they never will. Debt is money...

The US dollar value comes from debt, that and blood in the middle east,

because it's the petrodollar and reserve currency.

How long it will remain the reserve currency is hard to say...
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:38:32 PM

We need to end this idea that wealth is bad, that most wealthy people somehow stole from those who are not wealthy.

The problem is not capitalism and wealth.  Both are good.  Both are what feeds mankind and gets us to the stars.

The problem is "crony capitalism" which is not capitalism - we are now living in Fascism.  These are two different systems.  If you think the USA and much of the world is living in capitalism right now you are sorely mistaken.  We are Fascists.

The majority of wealthy people did not steal their wealth as mainstream media would like you believe. The majority of wealthy people earned their wealth by creating businesses such as car washes, construction firms, service industries, laundry mats, farming, inventing, etc and etc.

You likely have wealthy people living in your neighborhood even though you may not know it - because they live and act much like you.  They work hard (usually far more than your typical 40-hr per week worker), take huge financial and personal risks, employ people, pay upwards of 40% in direct taxes (nearly half!), and make the world a better place for us all.  If they were to leave your area (think of Detroit) you would see it fall into ruin because they truly are carrying much of the burden.

You simply do not know this and it is not your fault because you have been lead to believe differently.

Wake up to the truth of what wealth is and how you earn wealth by providing value.  Destroy your ignorance and be free.

I have spoken.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:29:53 PM

Or even precious Bitcoin internet money?

I sure hope so! Cool

Johnny Bitcoinseed, what about those creating monopolies that kill small businesses, people who use their wealth to bribe officials, and kill competition? Most rich people are spoiled and power hungry.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:31:07 PM

Off course the Winkelvii ETF was an important mile step in this regard. But we didn't had much success after that.  Huh
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:57:38 PM

The majority of wealthy people did not steal their wealth as mainstream media would like you believe. The majority of wealthy people earned their wealth by creating businesses such as car washes, construction firms, service industries, laundry mats, farming, inventing, etc and etc.

You likely have wealthy people living in your neighborhood even though you may not know it - because they live and act much like you.  They work hard (usually far more than your typical 40-hr per week worker), take huge financial and personal risks, employ people, pay upwards of 40% in direct taxes (nearly half!), and make the world a better place for us all.  If they were to leave your area (think of Detroit) you would see it fall into ruin because they truly are carrying much of the burden.
The people you are talking about barely qualify as "wealthy". They are more accurately classified as upper middle class.

The wealthy are mostly the fascists as you described.
nestor

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:35:44 PM

... There is no money to be made any more ..... really!?

The truth is that the game hasn't even begun. It was cool to make some money out of early mining or thanks to early buy-in. But the years gave proof to a way more interesting fact. Bitcoin became a whole platform of global cultural importance.

Stop whining about the changed context within which the bitcoin system is happening right now. Instead engage in creating the next smart contract system on top of the blockchain, etc. . Beating the financial establishment on their own turf is way more fun. Being successful there will be about the really big money.

Enjoy!
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:43:51 PM

... There is no money to be made any more ..... really!?

The truth is that the game hasn't even begun. It was cool to make some money out of early mining or thanks to early buy-in. But the years gave proof to a way more interesting fact. Bitcoin became a whole platform of global cultural importance.

Stop whining about the changed context within which the bitcoin system is happening right now. Instead engage in creating the next smart contract system on top of the blockchain, etc. . Beating the financial establishment on their own turf is way more fun. Being successful there will be about the really big money.

Enjoy!

This.  Help this guy set up an exchange (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360549.msg4151341#msg4151341), bank etc.  A path to wealth in bitcoin now is in services built with it.  Speculating won't hurt either, but mining is really taking a backseat.  :-)
ak84

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:28:30 PM

They do not. The debt is HUGE, and they never will. Debt is money...

The US dollar value comes from debt, that and blood in the middle east,

because it's the petrodollar and reserve currency.

How long it will remain the reserve currency is hard to say...

lol. http://www.usdebtclock.org/#

$17,261,512,400,000 and climbing

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:43:45 PM

Hmmm, a new financial tool showing early success is being sought after by the current wealth manipulators. Funny that!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: