Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast and Private Transactions with QuadrigaCX Online Exchange  (Read 2815 times)
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 01:08:20 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 02:02:10 PM by The Bitcoin Co-op

The beta version of QuadrigaCX's online trading platform is live and ready to use! The directors are Co-op members and extremely committed to your privacy, requiring verification only for high-risk deposit/withdrawal methods to prevent fraud. QuadrigaCX is an international exchange, but Canadian through and through, and uses $CAD as its base fiat unit. Other cryptocurrencies should be added later--check it out at https://quadrigacx.com/. All withdrawals are initiated within 24 hours, for those of you still reeling from Gox.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:48:19 PM

The beta version of QuadrigaCX's online trading platform is live and ready to use! The directors are Co-op members and extremely committed to your privacy, requiring verification only for high-risk deposit/withdrawal methods to prevent fraud. QuadrigaCX is an international exchange, but Canadian through and through, and uses $CAD as its base fiat until. Other cryptocurrencies should be added later--check it out at https://quadrigacx.com/. All withdrawals are initiated within 24 hours, for those of you still reeling from Gox.

How do you define a high-risk deposit?
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:05:55 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 03:08:02 PM by The Bitcoin Co-op

The beta version of QuadrigaCX's online trading platform is live and ready to use! The directors are Co-op members and extremely committed to your privacy, requiring verification only for high-risk deposit/withdrawal methods to prevent fraud. QuadrigaCX is an international exchange, but Canadian through and through, and uses $CAD as its base fiat until. Other cryptocurrencies should be added later--check it out at https://quadrigacx.com/. All withdrawals are initiated within 24 hours, for those of you still reeling from Gox.

How do you define a high-risk deposit?

I think it's to prevent fraud, like in case somebody tried to deposit cash, buy bitcoins, withdraw bitcoins and then dispute the fiat transaction (if reversible). If you make an account, you should be able to see which money transfer methods require user verification and which don't.

EDIT: This is correct. No withdrawals require verification for this reason. However, any deposit that would be trivial to reverse does require it.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
MikeXBT

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

I think it's to prevent fraud, like in case somebody tried to deposit cash, buy bitcoins, withdraw bitcoins and then dispute the fiat transaction (if reversible).
Conceptually, you are correct. However, cash deposits do not require any verification as they are not reversible. This would be more in the case of an online bill pay, interac transfer, etc.
capodes

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:03:35 AM

Add pls instant withdrawal via blockchain api, it would be easier to hack you Cheesy
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 06:13:59 AM

Add pls instant withdrawal via blockchain api, it would be easier to hack you Cheesy
Yeah, we'll get right on that.  Roll Eyes

fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:05:06 AM

How long do western union withdrawals usually take? Do you send to any country?

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 02:36:41 PM

It should only take a few hours, as do other withdrawal methods. QuadrigaCX can send to any country except the US not blacklisted by Western Union.

fenghush

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:20:38 PM

That sounds great, I'll give it a shot one of these days.
Best of luck with this exchange.
It should only take a few hours, as do other withdrawal methods. QuadrigaCX can send to any country except the US not blacklisted by Western Union.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:30:06 PM

The beta version of QuadrigaCX's online trading platform is live and ready to use! The directors are Co-op members and extremely committed to your privacy, requiring verification only for high-risk deposit/withdrawal methods to prevent fraud. QuadrigaCX is an international exchange, but Canadian through and through, and uses $CAD as its base fiat unit. Other cryptocurrencies should be added later--check it out at https://quadrigacx.com/. All withdrawals are initiated within 24 hours, for those of you still reeling from Gox.

See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:57:13 AM

See here.
Why

MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:04:42 PM

See here.
Why

Why is what I quoted. Did I miss a post fully and thoroughly outlining who these nameless "directors" are, what qualifies them to be running a trading platform, how said platform has been planned, what measures towards security have been taken, and so forth, which you also failed to link to in this announcement? 'Cause if so, kindly point me there. Otherwise, this is yet another empty plea for trust and money, and if you'd like to bridge the gap between that and what you thought you were doing, reading is in order.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:39:15 PM

See here.
Why

Why is what I quoted. Did I miss a post fully and thoroughly outlining who these nameless "directors" are, what qualifies them to be running a trading platform, how said platform has been planned, what measures towards security have been taken, and so forth, which you also failed to link to in this announcement? 'Cause if so, kindly point me there. Otherwise, this is yet another empty plea for trust and money, and if you'd like to bridge the gap between that and what you thought you were doing, reading is in order.
Plea for money? You realize the trading platform has no fees, right?  Huh

You can easily come meet us in person at any of the Meet Up events. We are the group who built the POS system most of the Bitcoin businesses in Vancouver are using, which we worked tirelessly over the past year to accomplish. Personally, I signed up the Waves Coffee House that houses the first ATM in the world using existing Meet Up clout (as well as the first night club, the first Indian restaurant, etc), and my reputation in the community would be tarnished if my associates in the Cooperative chose to scam you. Given that our POS system is free and open source, and that we have volunteered massive amounts of time and money to spread Bitcoin adoption--and you can easily see the results here in Vancouver, if you've been reading the news--I don't think your condescension is warranted. If you had chosen to politely ask specific questions, I would have responded in kind.

Directors Mike and Gerry have been involved in the e-currency industry for years. I will give you their contacts if you want to chat. If your concerns are technical, I believe some of the Co-ops members helped code QuadrigaCX's system, and these include senior Samsung server engineers, experienced app developers and a retired IT professional for the federal government. You can speak to them, too, if you wish to ascertain their level of knowledge.

MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

Plea for money? You realize the trading platform has no fees, right?  Huh

Are you offering to handle other people's funds or not?

You can easily come meet us in person at any of the Meet Up events. We are the group who built the POS system most of the Bitcoin businesses in Vancouver are using, which we worked tirelessly over the past year to accomplish. Personally, I signed up the Waves Coffee House that houses the first ATM in the world using existing Meet Up clout (as well as the first night club, the first Indian restaurant, etc), and my reputation in the community would be tarnished if my associates in the Cooperative chose to scam you. Given that our POS system is free and open source, and that we have volunteered massive amounts of time and money to spread Bitcoin adoption--and you can easily see the results here in Vancouver,

This is all very nice, but it doesn't condense into "Here is who I am, here is my WoT identity proving I am that person, and here's how you'll know I am specifically qualified to do that which I am proposing to do." This isn't optional, no matter how many shoddy and meanwhile thoroughly ravaged "businesses" you've seen eschewing these very basic steps in BTC.

if you've been reading the news--I don't think your condescension is warranted. If you had chosen to politely ask specific questions, I would have responded in kind.

Stop taking it personally. If you propose to run a business in bitcoin, and to operate in a specialized field requiring specific expertise and knowledge, you need to actually use some building materials. If you can't show what you've used when asked, or you have to resort to complaining that people didn't take your meaningless (in context, you know?) initial presentation the way you wanted them to, it's a pretty good sign that going back and examining the structure of your thing is in order.

This doesn't mean your idea is necessarily bad, or that you're a bad person or whatever else. It means people can see, from your announcement alone, that you're on the same track as those scores of businesses mentioned above were once on. That you've either missed or incorrectly scored as unimportant several crucial steps towards building something trustworthy and sustainable. When this is pointed out to you, it's a blessing; fighting it and taking it personally are just about the worst moves you can make.

Directors Mike and Gerry have been involved in the e-currency industry for years. I will give you their contacts if you want to chat. If your concerns are technical, I believe some of the Co-ops members helped code QuadrigaCX's system, and these include senior Samsung server engineers, experienced app developers and a retired IT professional for the federal government. You can speak to them, too, if you wish to ascertain their level of knowledge.

Next time, start with this, but again, it's not personal. Bring them out first thing, get your principals in the WoT, and publish the essential stuff as outlined.

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:00:22 PM

I have previously posted the background of the QuadrigaCX exchange directors, and did not want to look repetitive. I just wanted to vouch for QuadrigaCX's honesty on the grounds that they work with and support a community organization that volunteers great work for Bitcoin. If you had asked me about the team in charge of securing their system, I would have answered, so I'm not sure why you would assert that I am unwilling to show what we've used when asked. If there is a reasonable method via which I can prove to you that I am the person I say I am, I will do that. Having lurked the forums for some time, however, I know you would not respond amicably if I linked you to a guide for newbies, given the style of its content. I think my response was relatively polite.

MEpatriot

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:04:01 PM

Will they take Paypal orders?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:31:24 PM

I have previously posted the background of the QuadrigaCX exchange directors, and did not want to look repetitive. I just wanted to vouch for QuadrigaCX's honesty on the grounds that they work with and support a community organization that volunteers great work for Bitcoin. If you had asked me about the team in charge of securing their system, I would have answered, so I'm not sure why you would assert that I am unwilling to show what we've used when asked. If there is a reasonable method via which I can prove to you that I am the person I say I am, I will do that. Having lurked the forums for some time, however, I know you would not respond amicably if I linked you to a guide for newbies, given the style of its content. I think my response was relatively polite.

Linking to content needed in order to rationally judge a given piece is not repetitive, it's necessary. If you've already done the legwork and people seem unaware of this, then yes, the correct thing is to link them to it. Nobody with a clue is going to be offended by the delivery of desired information.

Anyway, the post linked is most certainly not "for newbies". Newbies do not stand a chance in the first place. This is bitcoin business, not a beach boardwalk full of competing cotton candy kiosks (despite how much that latter might seem to be the case if you look around without your sanity goggles on).

That guide is for people who wish to start a business and who do not have all of the pieces; having all of said pieces is a supreme accomplishment and very few entities ever arrive with them intact on the first pass. Again, stop taking it personally and try just reading. The tool for reasonably proving that you are who you say you are, for instance? Step 1. Can you gpg-sign your announcement up there? It'd be a good goal to set yourself.

fenghush

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:03:29 PM

For what is worth I can vouch that support is very responsive and that withdrawals and deposits do work. There were some delays and slight issues, but nothing serious that could not be remedied. As stated the website is still in beta phase and it seems they're still ironing out some bugs, but all in all a nice place to trade.

MEpatriot

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:18:58 PM

The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:15:39 PM

He said "no." I assume that's because Paypal is easily reversible.

Linking to content needed in order to rationally judge a given piece is not repetitive, it's necessary. If you've already done the legwork and people seem unaware of this, then yes, the correct thing is to link them to it. Nobody with a clue is going to be offended by the delivery of desired information.

Anyway, the post linked is most certainly not "for newbies". Newbies do not stand a chance in the first place. This is bitcoin business, not a beach boardwalk full of competing cotton candy kiosks (despite how much that latter might seem to be the case if you look around without your sanity goggles on).

That guide is for people who wish to start a business and who do not have all of the pieces; having all of said pieces is a supreme accomplishment and very few entities ever arrive with them intact on the first pass. Again, stop taking it personally and try just reading. The tool for reasonably proving that you are who you say you are, for instance? Step 1. Can you gpg-sign your announcement up there? It'd be a good goal to set yourself.
Fine, I'll read it. You probably know the deal about us by now, though--the link would say basically what I already told you. So far the exchange appears to be doing extremely well, with $1.2 million invested in the company and probably more than that transacted by now. Their ATM is not even here, yet, and some exciting announcements are on the way. I'm not a Linux user, so I'm going to make one of the tech wizards review your GPG signature request.

makngeerwork

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

???

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

Just to make a quick post. 

I tried out the service, sent 0.5btc, traded it out for Cad.$, used the e-mail transfer deposit to a major Bank,  transfer was fast, under one hour.  Had one minor problem, support took care of it quickly on a Sunday no less.  They are new and volume is low, for now.  They don't offer any LTC trading yet, still it's nice to see some competition for Virtex, we shall see if the volume increases.   If I get out to Vancouver soon I will stop in and say hi.  I never keep holdings online unless I am cashing out or trading for the day, and suggest you follow the same practice with any online entity.  Keep up the good work.

cheers.

███    TWITTER   FLUX   WHITEPAPER  ███
███    WEBSITE   GAMING ECOSYSTEM        MEDIUM      ███
███  TELEGRAM  VALVE  UBISOFT  ██████ Origin  GAMELOFT      FACEBOOK   ███
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:37:52 PM

Been talking to these guy's recently. Great group it would seem.

In Canada the other options I've found are Virtex and VoS..

Virtex continuously changed their pricing and dealing's, an offer would be presented than changed. and they now charge $100/month to use their API keys... CaVirtex is in this purely for the dollar, every time I would reply to someone, I'd get a response from a different person and have to start over.

VoS is impossible to communicate with. I get comments form staff such as "pretty sure that's illegal" than I can't get responses for day's. Or term's change. I gave up dealing with them.

The Quad group may be small but they have no fee's, at least for now. And they answer a question when asked, to the point and don't beat around with changes.

I'm trying to find the best exchange to run an ATM machine, Quad will be getting our business, as far as the other Canadian exchange's I'd care less if they disappeared.
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 04:50:58 AM

Has anyone tried to withdrawal since the news they lost $14 million?

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
The Bitcoin Co-op (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:00:52 AM

Has anyone tried to withdrawal since the news they lost $14 million?

They're probably going to get it back in an update. Even if they weren't, they're capable of eating that loss. So it's business as usual

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: