Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stealth Runner - Runs applications hidden during PC Idle  (Read 20965 times)
joeyjoe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 11:43:12 PM

Stealth Runner

This is a new application that allows you to run programs or miners in a stealth mode. The program will only be displayed in processes and will run the stealth application in hidden mode.

I have added a special feature that will keep the entire program inactive untill a set amount of runs has passed.

Entire source code is included in the zip (VB6)

Download

ReadMe File:
------- Stealth Runner --------

Thank you for your interest!

The purpose of this application is to run programs in a stealth mode while the computer is idle.
This Stealth Application will not be visible to use user, neither will the application it is set to run.

I have included a "Dormant" feature that allows you to keep the entire application inactive untill a set amount of runs.
Each time the stealth app is ran, it will decrement the number by 1 and re-save the file. If that number is 0, then the
application is allowed to run

How To Use:

There must be a file called "settings.txt" in the same path as the .exe file. (the exe can be named whatever)

Settings.txt
Line 1 - The command line to run
Line 2 - Amount of seconds to wait after the computer is idle to run the command
Line 3 - The amount of program runs untill the program is active

Example:

c:\logs\miner.exe -o http://pool.bitclockers.com:8332 -u user -p pass -g yes -v -a 15

~ Thank you for downloading
~ JoeyJoe (joe@joeyjoe.co.uk)
~ http://bitcointalk.org/

Thank you for any donation - 1ExFhb2aZPPzX8uZo4LTnVn5MR5gdhHHvY (Please PM me on http://bitcointalk.org/)

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:44:47 AM

does this raise red flags with anyone else?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:57:50 AM

Actually theres a few of these already about, just had problems with some and others were over engineerd.

I dont know in which way you might think this "raises red flags" but the source is included.

Also there is nothing wrong with stealth mineing, I currently use this on my own pc as well as a few family members.

tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:54:30 AM

a stealth miner that only runs when the computer is idle is probably the best solution for what I'm looking for. Smiley
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 06:47:28 AM

And with a botnet you are good to go lol

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 11:34:51 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2011, 11:45:01 AM by joeyjoe

Well my intentions were for clusters of pc's that other people would be using where you dont have to set it up each time and it wouldn't affect their work... but botnet if you see it that way Wink.

Download link is back up again now.

RobertRibbeck

Activity: 221

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:44:40 PM

Stealth Runner

This is a new application that allows you to run programs or miners in a stealth mode. The program will only be displayed in processes and will run the stealth application in hidden mode.

I have added a special feature that will keep the entire program inactive untill a set amount of runs has passed.

Entire source code is included in the zip (VB6)

Download

ReadMe File:
------- Stealth Runner --------

Thank you for your interest!

The purpose of this application is to run programs in a stealth mode while the computer is idle.
This Stealth Application will not be visible to use user, neither will the application it is set to run.

I have included a "Dormant" feature that allows you to keep the entire application inactive untill a set amount of runs.
Each time the stealth app is ran, it will decrement the number by 1 and re-save the file. If that number is 0, then the
application is allowed to run

How To Use:

There must be a file called "settings.txt" in the same path as the .exe file. (the exe can be named whatever)

Settings.txt
Line 1 - The command line to run
Line 2 - Amount of seconds to wait after the computer is idle to run the command
Line 3 - The amount of program runs untill the program is active

Example:

c:\logs\miner.exe -o http://pool.bitclockers.com:8332 -u user -p pass -g yes -v -a 15

~ Thank you for downloading
~ JoeyJoe (joe@joeyjoe.co.uk)
~ http://bitcointalk.org/

Thank you for any donation - 1ExFhb2aZPPzX8uZo4LTnVn5MR5gdhHHvY (Please PM me on http://bitcointalk.org/)

Can this be run as a service ?? with no one logged in

Please "Clear your browser cookies" then use http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/3360 to Join BitCoin Pyramid
  use my referral & I'll refund a % of your first deposit back to your account
  Deposit .5 BTC or more and I'll give back 50% of what I receive

First Deposit of 1 BTC will get 75% of what I get back
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:07:44 PM

I havn't yet tested that yet but im sure from back in the days of being an IT Tech there are apps you can use to convert them, but I never really played with it too much.

http://www.exetoservice.com/ is one of them

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2011, 02:15:16 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38589.0

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
joker060

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 05:50:47 PM

But now the question is, what pool will let you hook up multiple IPs to 1 worker account?
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 06:59:51 PM

But now the question is, what pool will let you hook up multiple IPs to 1 worker account?

I wondered about that too. Someone said it will work. I havnt tested it enough to know for sure

runlinux

Activity: 566

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2011, 01:43:26 AM

Luke Jr's Pool only takes a wallet ID as a username and you can have as many workers are you need on it. PPS too!!

joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 06:27:10 PM

anyone using this?

RobertRibbeck

Activity: 221

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:30:49 PM

anyone using this?

yep it works fine

Please "Clear your browser cookies" then use http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/3360 to Join BitCoin Pyramid
  use my referral & I'll refund a % of your first deposit back to your account
  Deposit .5 BTC or more and I'll give back 50% of what I receive

First Deposit of 1 BTC will get 75% of what I get back
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:45:16 PM

Funny little typo in the source:
Code:
'Steal Application Runner by Joe Cooper aka JoeyJoe
'joe@joeyjoe.co.uk

' Small Donation Please :) 1ExFhb2aZPPzX8uZo4LTnVn5MR5gdhHHvY
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 07:52:03 PM

Funny little typo in the source:
Code:
'Steal Application Runner by Joe Cooper aka JoeyJoe
'joe@joeyjoe.co.uk

' Small Donation Please :) 1ExFhb2aZPPzX8uZo4LTnVn5MR5gdhHHvY

missed the th

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2011, 11:44:08 AM

anyone using this?

I have them setup on threee comps. My kid's, my wife's non work comp and MY personal desktop at a business location. The biz one I simply made a shortcut and dragged that into the startup folder for my user acct. On the other two it is loading from registry startup for all users on one and one individual user on the other. Works great on all three. They are all presently disabled due to high cpu overhead, though.

I thought it was an excellent example of simlicity and functionality over some other methods. Normally I'd just VBS my own for something like that but yours was less clunky than that even. And I don't have to worry about my antivire or virewall decided it doens't trust the vbs at some point. I would like to see no miner included and allow the end user to use one of their choosing since bitcoin-miner is now flagged by default in a few antivir apps.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 10:05:31 PM

anyone using this?

I have them setup on threee comps. My kid's, my wife's non work comp and MY personal desktop at a business location. The biz one I simply made a shortcut and dragged that into the startup folder for my user acct. On the other two it is loading from registry startup for all users on one and one individual user on the other. Works great on all three. They are all presently disabled due to high cpu overhead, though.

I thought it was an excellent example of simlicity and functionality over some other methods. Normally I'd just VBS my own for something like that but yours was less clunky than that even. And I don't have to worry about my antivire or virewall decided it doens't trust the vbs at some point. I would like to see no miner included and allow the end user to use one of their choosing since bitcoin-miner is now flagged by default in a few antivir apps.

Ah good to here. I was thinking about adding an extra function to limit its CPU power. But might be a bit of work with VB6. I will remove the miner in the download.

joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 03:44:29 AM

Still of use to people?

Ive put the download link back up again. Didnt realise i removed it.

thehedgemon

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:31:09 AM

I have been using the stealth runner and it has been working great except for one issue. I have the timer set so the the miner runs 3 seconds after inactive use. However, if you move the mouse again, then let it sit for another 3 seconds stealth will open up another instance of the miner program. This continues infinitately!! Any ideas on how to keep it so stealth will only open one instance of minerd no matter how many times the computer becomes inactive for 3 seconds???

BTC: 16HGf2iKT5WNAV6QEaRVwcjv8SVrcXi8G8
LTC: LhasgjKcuHec8oMPADNe8XAK5RXCd4h4D5
XRP: rQDdjhKbLRDe3K7MxPnnpp6k7XSMjPbt1B
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: