Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:17:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skydrive Mining.  (Read 1177 times)
gamersimpson (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

Well, I just got a new laptop it was a gift. Its not strong enough for mining.
But it comes with 30days of skydrive cloud.

Can this skydrive be used for mining?
If so how could i do that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

where did you heard such a idiotic thing.
can you mine with hard drive?Huh? no?Huh
well how the fuck can you mine with skydrive because that's what it is! a "hard drive" from Microsoft available for people for data storage!

btw I have 6 year old asus eee laptop and i have 3x60GH bfl miners connected and mining. so don't tell me it's not strong enough to mine!!!

you have much to read and learn!
we don't use laptops to mine or any computers directly! long time ago we used cpu-s to mine, now we use gpu-s for scrypt coins and asic-s for sha-256 coins!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
gamersimpson (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:24:14 PM

well how the fuck can you mine with skydrive because that's what it is! a "hard drive" from Microsoft available for people for data storage!

btw I have 6 year old asus eee laptop and i have 3x60GH bfl miners connected and mining. so don't tell me it's not strong enough to mine!!!

we don't use laptops to mine or any computers directly! long time ago we used cpu-s to mine, now we use gpu-s for scrypt coins and asic-s for sha-256 coins!

Well , i am new to this. and everyone seems to just get mad when someone asks questions.
I am trying to learn to mine alot of coins with 0 money.Yeah i am a poor mo fo.
but my power is free.
So i want to take advantage of this.
vpasic

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:41:55 PM

Well , i am new to this. and everyone seems to just get mad when someone asks questions.
but my power is free.

noooo bro!!!
really didn't mean to sound mad, just screwing around and try to help!
well you are kind of 4 years late to make something without investing anything.
unfortunately free power or free internet doesn't mean shit anymore.
without $6000-$12000 (Black Arrow 2TH - KNC Neptune) you can forget about mining.
sorry bro.

gamersimpson (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:11:36 PM

but my power is free.

noooo bro!!!
really didn't mean to sound mad, just screwing around and try to help!
well you are kind of 4 years late to make something without investing anything.
unfortunately free power or free internet doesn't mean shit anymore.
without $6000-$12000 (Black Arrow 2TH - KNC Neptune) you can forget about mining.
sorry bro.

I am lookiing to mine altcoins.
vpasic

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:19:36 PM

it's not worth mining with one gpu! with 4, maybe!
but mining rig with 4 gpu-s will cost you around $2000-$3000.
with that there is long way for you to ROI and start earning anything.
difficulty is bad ass mother fucker and it will kill you. specially when scrypt asic hit the market and it's behind corner!
so gpu mining not recommended IMHO.

vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:25:47 PM

difficulty is bad ass mother fucker and it will kill you. specially when scrypt asic hit the market and it's behind corner!

laptops out of the question. but maybe just maybe if you have a bit of luck you can start from the bottom and work up

id suggest looking around and asking friends if they have any older desktop PCs and start with mining cpu coins like protoshares and primecoins.
Then after a while expand into gpus mining new coins and hope they climb the markets in a few months.

freepower is great but sadly laptops are pretty much useless at mining as the heat builds up and pretty much destroys them from the inside out.
as said skydrive is just storage no way to access any of the resources behind it.

best to start off small while your learning and get to know whats happening.

pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:30:39 PM

This guy is talking out his rear, and that's why you should do your own research when it comes to mining. I'm going to leave it at that.

Obviously you've done none at all, otherwise you wouldn't be asking if you can mine with skydrive. If you can't bother to learn this stuff on your own you've got no business even trying.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:37:57 PM

This guy is talking out his rear, and that's why you should do your own research when it comes to mining. I'm going to leave it at that.

Obviously you've done none at all, otherwise you wouldn't be asking if you can mine with skydrive. If you can't bother to learn this stuff on your own you've got no business even trying.

dont be so quick to judge, he might want to use skydrive as a sync file to mine with more than one computer or maybe hes wondering if theres and exploit that lets skydrive mine. i know theres been a couple of people manage to mine on all sorts including uploading a program to a server that managed to mine. very very low speed but it was mining

pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:49:22 PM

dont be so quick to judge, he might want to use skydrive as a sync file to mine with more than one computer or maybe hes wondering if theres and exploit that lets skydrive mine. i know theres been a couple of people manage to mine on all sorts including uploading a program to a server that managed to mine. very very low speed but it was mining

Sync file to mine with more than one computer? Please explain.

Exploit to let skydrive mine? Are you serious? Lets hack Microsoft, surly they won't notice their servers completely loaded down firing off data on port 3333 like a madman.

Don't be a dense fool, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck it is a duck. This is a clueless noob, obviously.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

Sync file to mine with more than one computer? Please explain.

Exploit to let skydrive mine? Are you serious? Lets hack Microsoft, surly they won't notice their servers completely loaded down firing off data on port 3333 like a madman.

Don't be a dense fool, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck it is a duck. This is a clueless noob, obviously.

i managed to do it with megaclouds sync the system syncs all data in a certan folder and after its synced can run programs from the folder if it has the right permissions. which means if you wanted to change a setting on alot of pcs you would send out a command via the synced folders killing all mining tasks remove the command file. and then edit the mining program and upload the run command. it was basicly a stupid persons botnet

and ill admit microsoft would notice but i think it would take them a while, look how long it takes them to fix simple bugs.

gamersimpson (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:05:42 AM

Allright, I am back and i see everyone has been talking..

Anyone want to be nice and help a noob?

I joined Digitalocean for cloudmining cpu alt coin.infinitecoin.
allready got a pool ready and workers set up for all 120cpu

If anyone can explain me how to do this.. I would love it..
I found a few guys online. and 0 of them actually worked.

HELP please!!!!
vpasic

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:29:50 AM

excellent! so where do you have 120cpu-s???

so you join digitalocean??? nice, you have 20GB of storage space, so where are cpu-s to mine with???

do you even understand what is cloud mining?
do you understand difference between cloud storage and cloud mining???

I will try to explain that to you like you are 5 years old.
cloud storage is when you RENT hard disc space to store your data on some server like digitalocean, dropbox, skydrive etc. so basically you save let's say your family photos on rented hard drive space on some server or figuratively speaking "in the cloud".

cloud mining is when you RENT some asic power to mine some coins like cex.io and it's working like this!
guys on cex.io have like 1000TH of power to mine and they are renting that power for a price.
you don't pay electricity, you don't need to maintain mining hardware you just buy your self GH as much as you want ant they are mining for you in their facility or figuratively speaking mining "in the cloud". so you don't see any of their hardware but it's mining for you over there because you rent it from them and you have your account to see how much your earning is!

so where do you think you have that 120cpu-s because you sure don't have them on digitalocean because they only rent you some solid state hard drive space to store your data???

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:36:07 AM

You can mine with a Digital Ocean VPS, can you not?
vpasic

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:55:29 AM

You can mine with a Digital Ocean VPS, can you not?

no you can't!
even if you theoretically can did you see prices???
Month  Hour     Mem.    CPU           Stor.  Transfer
$160   $0.238   16GB   8 Cores      160GB SSD6TB
$320   $0.476   32GB  12 Cores     320GB SSD7TB
$480   $0.705   48GB  16 Cores     480GB SSD8TB
$640   $0.941   64GB  20 Cores     640GB SSD9TB
$960   $1.411   96GB  24 Cores     960GB SSD10TB

$960 monthly for 24 cpu cores???

are you out of your fucking mind???

vm1990
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:28:41 PM

also VPS providers have very strict rules on cpu usage (because other people are on the same server). to do mining like that you would have to go dedicated servers.

im not going to go through all the cans and cants its the simple fact that there is no way to mine using cloud storage and very hard to mine with servers that your renting. either buy dedicated hardware or use cex.io

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 03:13:53 AM

Please do try to be polite. An ignorant question is by far not the worst thing someone could post here— save the hate for malware and scams. Smiley

Besides, ignorance is curable.
vpasic

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 10:43:30 AM

Grin

4th post, explained my self that I didn't mean anything bad.
just fooling around and trying to help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: