Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 6032 times)
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 06:21:50 AM

What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins?
What I do not understand is: How can you tell a coin is stupid if it is virtually the same as the coin that is not stupid?
It's like imitating Jesus.  Wink
very true. I am not religious, but I think this is the best analogy so far.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:22:04 AM

What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins?
What I do not understand is: How can you tell a coin is stupid if it is virtually the same as the coin that is not stupid?
It's like imitating Jesus.  Wink
Can I see the original, please?
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:24:32 AM

It is like trading gold for rocks. If enough idiots want to trade gold for rocks then its more profitable to mine rocks.
If bitcoin is imitating gold then what is it like trading gold for bitcoins?
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 06:26:34 AM

bitcoin is different from gold.
ixcoin et al are not different from bitcoin

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9455218.jpg

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:34:51 AM

ixcoin et al are not different from bitcoin

They are different though.  They're missing a group of open source developers who really understand the protocol.
Show me evidence of one other chain aside from namecoin which has shown any real sign of a serious development team.
solidcoin has it's source available as a dropbox based zip file.  
Any real project will have a proper source code repository (such as at github) and a team of contributors and code reviewers.

You might argue that these shit chains *could* gather such a following of developers - but until they do - their stewardship and future is suspect when compared to bitcoin.
They also need the network effects of a community of users and merchants. No small feat to catch up to bitcoin in that regard!

When attacks occur, or scalability issues need resolving - which project will you trust to have active developers who know how to solve the issues?

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:37:55 AM

Really? How is it different?
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 06:53:07 AM

Really? How is it different?

gold is physical, and very old. See also here:

Currencies can compete when they have different properties. Gold and silver do have different physical properties.
The fiat currencies created by central banks have different properties, mostly linked to the economy of the
country that issues them. Peer-to-peer currencies can have different properties too; for example, a Bitcoin
variant with a constant inflation rate would be significantly different from Bitcoin, and would be able to
compete, although I am not sure if it would easily find early adopters.

This is clearly not the case with ixcoin and i0coin; the only difference is in the initial distribution, and a few
cosmetic changes. Therefore, these currencies are merely Bitcoin clones. As such, they need to live in the
same niche as Bitcoin. That is the niche of "digital resource with finite supply that will still be valuable in the future".

It is impossible for two currencies to live in that same niche, because one of them will be perceived as more
likely than the other to hold its future value. People will use that currency for long-term storage of value, and
they will progressively drop the other one. Thus, Bitcoin clones are mutually exclusive. Bitcoin's historical
precedence give it legacy, and strong network effects play for it. It is too late to change that.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:58:22 AM

if you lose gold someone else can find it again.

yeah I was under zero expectations that any of the new currencies would survive or that they were even currencies. They were complex gambling games.

I still say they had their uses as learning experiences for when someone does want to come up with a coin that might actually replace bitcoin or a coin for a new nitch like namecoin. They may have been jokes, and games but they taught us a lot.

Probably a lot of people are learning they arent real challenges to bitcoin when all they do is change a couple aspects.

mooo for rent
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 06:58:38 AM

gold is physical, and very old.
Aah... So, it must be something very bad?
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:03:49 AM

if you lose gold someone else can find it again.
This possibility is equal to someone breaking the SHA256 algo in the future and finding the "lost' bitcoins... But then, what will happen to all bitcoins that are not lost?
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:39:31 AM

Wait for gabicoin, that will be the true revolution! Or maybe not.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:20:09 PM

I wasn't there during the first trades but someone must have only bought or sold a few at .49 BTC most likely to themselves. Do you even know what .49 would mean? It would mean I would have made over 100 BTC in the last 12 hours with only 2 cards. Even at .0014 and the current difficulty it's still about twice as profitable as bitcoin. IXcoin is at .001 and difficulty is 16384. That's nothing. IXcoin is worthless now. I'm sure solidcoin is not far behind and headed in that direction but as of now its definately more profitable than bitcoin.

What I do not understand is: Who are the idiots trading btc for these stupidcoins? What does that say about a small part of
the community who has btc in their possession? yikes.
Let me help you with that: most users don't give a fuck about bitcoin,ixcoin,i0coin, etc or about descentralized, anonymous claims. You know why ? Because it's all bullshit! None of the above currency is descentralized or anonymous, or you can consider them as anonymous as the internet is, which we know is not as anonymous as we would like. So, the point is that most of us are here just for the money. Oh, and if I were to earn money from it, I think I would trade any coin is out there.

Cheers!

Well, no. I'm here, with Bitcoins, not because of what you just said. But instead, because Bitcoins are a awesome power tool against banks and govs.

I even don't like money! Honestly, I prefer a society based in a "resource based economy", not monetary based, without any money.

Cheers!
Thiago
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:06:09 PM

Bitcoins are a awesome power tool against banks and govs.
It is very possible that in one form or another the US government is behind this project. Bitcoin is not designed as a tool against banks. It can not serve as POS money. Bitcoin is designed to be the digital equivalent of gold because the US government gold was used to back IMF and World Bank interventions during last 15 years.
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 01:43:19 PM

It is very possible that in one form or another the US government is behind this project. Bitcoin is not designed as a tool against banks. It can not serve as POS money. Bitcoin is designed to be the digital equivalent of gold because the US government gold was used to back IMF and World Bank interventions during last 15 years.

Are you suggesting CIA?

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 01:47:02 PM

Are you suggesting CIA?

He is suggesting that his tin foil hat is not properly working. But since this is a scamcoin thread it seems appropriate here.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 03:21:38 PM

Are you suggesting CIA?
No.
caston

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 03:42:28 PM

Are you suggesting CIA?
No.

I don't think the government is capable of that kind of innovation. 

bitcoin BTC: 1MikVUu1DauWB33T5diyforbQjTWJ9D4RF
bitcoin cash: 1JdkCGuW4LSgqYiM6QS7zTzAttD9MNAsiK

-updated 3rd December 2017
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

That's exactly why they are stupid. If they don't offer anything superior to Bitcoin then why would anybody bother migrating?

I did !

I hit IXcoin at Difficulty 16 with 28 GH/s and was hitting up to 4 blocks of 96 coins each per minute! I was the  person that made the first non test trade on Double C's exchange. I think the Ixcoin creator was buying these up is all I can think of but I kept on selling and selling as it kept climbing from .0008 to a high of .0065. People went on a frenzy and bought a huge amount of this worthless shit at the peak. The Bitparking Pool hit 244 GH/s at it's peak LOL.

By time it was all said and done, I sold over 600 BTC in four days.

I think Smoothie sold over 250 BTC during the same time. Only three or four people plus Bitparking amounted to any significant percentage of the Ixcoins mined. Just a lot of stupid people buying a crypto-currency with a ZERO life span.

I love it. God bless the stupid people.

LOL I'm jelly.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:07:42 PM

Are you suggesting CIA?
No.

I don't think the government is capable of that kind of innovation. 
It is more like ARPA/DARPA like project. Kind of Plan B for a future financial collapse.
DrKennethNoisewater

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 04:22:24 PM

Is there a particular thread where one can monitor any new forks that may be coming online?

If there are buyers for these new coins, I will certainly mine them and sell them for a premium in the beginning.

What about WhoreCoin, Ponzicoin, and ShizaCoin?

LOL
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: