Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin HACKED! Millions Lost !!! International Business Times Article  (Read 896 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 05:53:03 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/dogecoin-digital-currency-similar-bitcoin-has-been-hacked-costing-its-owners-thousands-dollars

Dogecoin, a bitcoin-like digital currency, has been hacked, costing owners of the currency more than $12,000, founders of the service confirmed on Wednesday.
Recommendations

Reports of the hack first appeared on the Dogecoin forum, where many users reported that their funds were being stolen and sent to a different electronic wallet without their permission.

“Looks like somebody hacked and cleared my Dogewallet some minutes ago with a single transaction, I lost more than 1M,” one forum member reported.

According to the founders of Dogecoin, the attack was not targeted at individual accounts, and instead was aimed at the official Dogewallet page that was compromised so that all transactions were sent to a single account and not to their intended recipients, The Verge reported.

“We found many reports of Dogewallet transactions being sent to 'DQT9WcqmUyyccrxQvSrjcFCqRxt8eVBLx8,’” the founders said in a post on Reddit’s Dogecoin page. “We're currently looking at logs and have found thousands of attempts to hack our systems.”

Read more here : http://www.ibtimes.com/dogecoin-digital-currency-similar-bitcoin-has-been-hacked-costing-its-owners-thousands-dollars

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

The amount of press this coin is getting is amazing.
aaron_m

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:20:23 PM

More lazy reporting, A dogecoin online wallet was hacked, not dogecoin.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:23:35 PM

That hurt my eyes

merred

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:26:58 PM