Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best BTC-E USD deposit/withdrawal method?  (Read 879 times)
jykim0806 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:20:08 PM

I am having some trouble with BTC-E USD deposit/withdrawal, as I am US resident and most of the websites BTC-E receives are not available in United States. I have read some suggestions and tried out preev.com, but I get an error message saying "Information is not transferred to the purchase." through liqpay. Is there any suggested method for USD deposit/withdrawal for BTC-E?
virferox

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:08:42 PM

Go with coinbase.com.  They are an american company and you can hook it up to your bank account so it's much easier.  It took 4 business days for the transaction but if you have a visa card and attach it you can get it instantly I think.  Once you have your bitcoins you can send it off to any exchange.  Took me about an hour to transfer from Coinbase to BTC-E.  Coinbase and BTC-E are both at 744 as of writing this (BTC-E use to be always cheaper).  
btc209

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:51:52 PM

I agree with Coinbase. I haven't run into any issues at all with it and it's fairly quick.
zora

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 07:38:32 AM

I have mixed feelings for btce.  I'm an american and wired $10K USD to their bank and for the record it took 33days.

I noticed that after I sent the money they changed their policy to refuse funds from US citizens or US banks so I was freaking out.

It finally arrived dec 23 and i attribute it to a christmas miracle. After that I'm just happy it got there, probably prevented me from buying at $1200 too ;-)

some people rag on them, but I think they really try, they are just overwhelmed.

B
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:40:27 AM

Lot's of people have real issue with BTC-e, lost deposits and withdrawals and the likes.

I would not use them, it's a shame as the site is a good one.

Wink
medialab101

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:46:30 AM

I have mixed feelings for btce.  I'm an american and wired $10K USD to their bank and for the record it took 33days.

I noticed that after I sent the money they changed their policy to refuse funds from US citizens or US banks so I was freaking out.

It finally arrived dec 23 and i attribute it to a christmas miracle. After that I'm just happy it got there, probably prevented me from buying at $1200 too ;-)

some people rag on them, but I think they really try, they are just overwhelmed.

B

I'm in the same situation now  Undecided  I wired a large amount about a month ago but no deposit yet. I didn't realize at the time that they weren't accepting deposits from US citizens and banks so I'm not sure what is going on at the moment. I sent in verification documents almost two weeks ago and sent in SWIFT documents a few days ago so they could track the transfer but nothing back yet... Very frustrating and very worrying.
dogeball

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:54:29 AM

B

I'm in the same situation now  Undecided  I wired a large amount about a month ago but no deposit yet. I didn't realize at the time that they weren't accepting deposits from US citizens and banks so I'm not sure what is going on at the moment. I sent in verification documents almost two weeks ago and sent in SWIFT documents a few days ago so they could track the transfer but nothing back yet... Very frustrating and very worrying.
Thats a shame to hear, it seems like you haven't given up hope yet. Is BTC-e a registered business that would be held accountable for deposits that go missing?
zora

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:05:04 AM

>feelsbadman.jpg I understand the worrying part ;-(
I don't know if it is coincidence or not, but nothing was happening until I opened an inquiry at my bank.  then then next day someone responded to my support ticket saying they would look into it, then in 2 more days I logged in to see my money has arrived.  I hope all goes well for you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: