Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:51:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USPS losing packages?  (Read 4132 times)
J_Dubbs (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:19:49 PM

I had a delivery was supposed to arrive 12/23 and tracking hasn't been updated since 12/19. I opened a case number with USPS, package is insured. Anyone else ever deal with this? Could it be just a holiday delay?

Pissed because I'm losing mining time and have some BTC tied up in the damn package...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:25:02 PM

I work with a company that ships a lot of packages, pm me the tracking number, and I can contact our rep at USPS, and see if there is an issue
vadoff

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:51:33 PM

Most likely holiday delay, you can call them if it's been a while.
Ren13B

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:38:09 PM

USPS is really good at losing packages.  It's a good thing it was insured because it is probably gone.
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:48:28 PM

USPS is really good at losing packages.  It's a good thing it was insured because it is probably gone.

Thing that sucks is their online claim form wants a receipt or proof of purchase... This was paid for in BTC, ones ore layer of complexity...
MrMirkin

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:20:09 PM

I had a package that was promised by the 24th and it disappeared from tracking since the 20th (like 20miles away).  This package was completely unrelated to BTC, but I think they took on more then they could handle this year >.<
juggalodarkclow
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:11:07 AM

It will probably show up any day now. I had a package that didn't show any tracking progress for over a week, then after I sent them an email the information got updated. USPS uses FedEx planes for shipping their packages but the holiday season meant there wasn't any room left so USPS has to send their packages over the road which seems to take forever.

J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:44:15 AM

It will probably show up any day now. I had a package that didn't show any tracking progress for over a week, then after I sent them an email the information got updated. USPS uses FedEx planes for shipping their packages but the holiday season meant there wasn't any room left so USPS has to send their packages over the road which seems to take forever.

Thanks, I'll try to remain optimistic. The woman at the local post office said give it until Monday...
NonGrata

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:02:07 AM

UPS and FedEx have been catching hell for a LOT of late deliveries that missed Christmas deadline.  UPS and Amazon are offering partial refunds:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/amazon-ups-offer-refunds-for-christmas-delivery-problems/2013/12/26/c9570254-6e44-11e3-a523-fe73f0ff6b8d_story.html

Amazon.com and United Parcel Service said Thursday that they would offer refunds to customers who did not receive their Christmas orders on time, after a larger-than-expected surge in last-minute online shopping caught the shipping giant off guard.

Customers who failed to get their deliveries by Christmas Day will get $20 gift cards and refunds on shipping charges, Amazon said. UPS also offered refunds on shipping costs. FedEx did not promise refunds but said it would work with people affected.

I hope that's the only thing delaying your order.

The *worst* possibility?  Do a Google News search for "UPS FedEx stolen off Porch" to see dozens of stories from all around the country of thieves following parcel delivery trucks on their routes and stealing the delivered items right off the porch where they had been left! 
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:14:15 AM

UPS and FedEx have been catching hell for a LOT of late deliveries that missed Christmas deadline.  UPS and Amazon are offering partial refunds:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/amazon-ups-offer-refunds-for-christmas-delivery-problems/2013/12/26/c9570254-6e44-11e3-a523-fe73f0ff6b8d_story.html

Amazon.com and United Parcel Service said Thursday that they would offer refunds to customers who did not receive their Christmas orders on time, after a larger-than-expected surge in last-minute online shopping caught the shipping giant off guard.

Customers who failed to get their deliveries by Christmas Day will get $20 gift cards and refunds on shipping charges, Amazon said. UPS also offered refunds on shipping costs. FedEx did not promise refunds but said it would work with people affected.

I hope that's the only thing delaying your order.

The *worst* possibility?  Do a Google News search for "UPS FedEx stolen off Porch" to see dozens of stories from all around the country of thieves following parcel delivery trucks on their routes and stealing the delivered items right off the porch where they had been left!  

We've got a doorman 24/7 that handles all packages, no porch here...

I heard a lot about Fed Ex and UPS issuing apologies but nothing about USPS, which made me think they maybe didn't have problems. However, it seems increasingly clear that it's just USPS style to not own up to it, or anything.

I had a USPS customer rep ASSURE me that my package was at the post office down the street on 12/23. So first thing in the AM on Christmas Eve I went there. The woman behind the counter told me not only did they not have my package, but that their location doesn't receive ANY packages, ever. She said the closest place that might would be a sorting facility on the other side of town, and basically the customer service rep fucking straight up lied to me. The moron at the call center said she could see on her screen where it was, I've talked to 4 people since then who have indicated she lied. It got escalated, in a perfect world they find her and fire her fucking ass because a loser is a loser, PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN! Oh, have I got your attention now?
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:28:50 AM

Tracking finally updated, the bums haven't even gotten it out of the origin state yet. At least it's back on the radar, delay definitely blows though.
drmadison

Activity: 151
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:36:28 AM

had the same thing happen to me...
2 day priority shipping, shipped 12/16, finally updated and scheduled to deliver tomorrow... almost 2 weeks (aka a difficulty bump) later Sad
traiz

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 06:08:46 AM

Actually that happened to a package I was sending.
When the recipient got it, it appeared that part of the package was missing (ie, some stuff was stolen)
NonGrata

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:27:43 AM

Tracking finally updated, the bums haven't even gotten it out of the origin state yet. At least it's back on the radar, delay definitely blows though.

Wow!  That truly sucks. 

I guess the best that can be said is that it hasn't been stolen, or lost forever...  I hope they get it to you pronto!
J_Dubbs (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:35:27 AM

Wow!  That truly sucks. 

I guess the best that can be said is that it hasn't been stolen, or lost forever...  I hope they get it to you pronto!

got it today...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: