Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Evasi0n iOS 7 – 7.0.4 Jailbreak For iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPad, iPod touch  (Read 1184 times)
xkeyscore89 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:16:22 AM

After keeping my iphone 5 running 6.1.4 in hopes that a jailbreak would be released for it before ios 7 was jailbroken, I was pleasantly surprised that Evasi0n has released an ios 7 jailbreak that was previously thought to be months off, at least.

Here's where you can read the news and download the jailbreak tool.  It appears to be the most user friendly client for jailbreaking to date.  I'm about to to JB my iphone, I'll reply and let you know how it went.

http://www.redmondpie.com/download-evasi0n-ios-7-7.0.4-jailbreak-for-iphone-5s-5c-5-ipad-ipod-touch-windows-mac/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MERRY BELATED CHRISTMAS to bitcointalk.  Apple, go fuck yourselves. Smiley
xkeyscore89 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:33:26 AM

UPDATE:  This is by far the smoothest jailbreak install I've ever had the pleasure of executing.  Don't ignore the readme file if you download the package from the link in the previous post.  The important points of the readme are to backup your iPhone via iTunes and to DISABLE YOUR LOCK-SCREEN PIN CODE for the duration of the install.  If you do those two things, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.

I thought winocm was good but the Evasi0n team is fucking genius when it comes to reverse engineering and defeating Apple's attempts to protect their intellectual property.  They should take a lesson from the RIAA's war on file-sharing which ended in the widespread use of torrents.  

History never repeats itself but it seems to rhyme.  Steve Jobs may not have approved of Jailbreaking but Apple's new vision without him would've killed him before his pancreatic cancer had a chance to annihilate his poor attempts to use diet to fight against it. 

How such a visionary thought that pancreatic cancer was something that was within his reach to cure alone is beyond me.  The pancreas ain't a fucking iphone.  Still, he was a prodigy and a genius who died too young.  The Iphone 5c would've pissed him off for sure.  What a plastic piece of shit.
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

I'm not too tech-savvy when it comes to cell phones and whatnot, but what improvements would jailbreaking my iPhone 4 bring to my experience? Does it simply enable me to install apps that I wouldn't normally find in the App Store?

Sorry for the noob question, but maybe I'm not the only one...
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 04:54:37 PM

The pancreas ain't a fucking iphone.
Made my day

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
xkeyscore89 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:51:40 PM

The pancreas ain't a fucking iphone.
Made my day

/deep bow I'm glad you liked it.    Wink
xkeyscore89 (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

I'm not too tech-savvy when it comes to cell phones and whatnot, but what improvements would jailbreaking my iPhone 4 bring to my experience? Does it simply enable me to install apps that I wouldn't normally find in the App Store?

If your version is 6.1.4 you can still access a program that will allow you to get for free all paid apps in the appstore.  If you version is 7.0.4, that feature will be available soon as the JB release was a pre-emptive strike, nobody saw it coming.
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:05:56 PM

yeah that's right. and you can download it for free sometimes

Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:34:01 PM

yeah that's right. and you can download it for free sometimes

Are there any other advantages, though? I mean, it's definitely a good advantage but I've been under the impression that it voids your warranty (though the one on my iPhone 4 has been expired for quite a while).
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:56:35 PM

It doesn't void your warranty, any restore would cancel the jailbreak

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: