Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Sack-Asic 5.5 Th/s Bitcoin Miner  (Read 5876 times)
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:57:39 PM

I dont care about websites, pre-launch information. All i care about is seeing the hardware in the hands of someone trusted ie. high up member with RL links.
Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:33:37 AM

This seems a bit scamish but until a high posting member has in hand I would avoid like no tomorrow.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:41:46 AM

ANyone ever seen a resume that reads like this:

Before I was able to become an engineer I had to go to the university and get the Master of Engineering. Now I develop the machines to simplify the work for the other employees.
I’m a creative person and my strengths are math and science subjects such as physics and electrical.
English is important for me to work international.

WTF lol? My 10 year old nephew could probably write a more convincing fake CV.

Also the focus on some cooling/noise aspects while completely ignoring the single most important aspect of a bitcoin miner (the ASIC), sounds familiar. I cant remember the name of that scam, but it was some good looking website offering asic miners with some weird cooling/noise suppression system that was explained in great detail (yet found to be pretty much impossible). Does anyone remember what Im alluding to?
Sack-Asic (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:38:36 PM

Good day,
I think it's a real shame that our hard work is not appreciated.
However, I can understand your subject, so I would send a user here some documents to us and our company, so trust her a little set in our product can.

A trust User can PM me for dokuments

I would like at this point to thank for the first pre-orders.
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:49:15 PM

I find this fake because the information (accepted's) in CGMiner below the hashrates is not updated. Should be after a few seconds.
CaptainBeck

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

Anyone who pre-ordered this really need to think about what they have done, dont let greed lead you down the wrong hole.

Documents mean nothing, giving someone your hardware so they can test it is the only. Having a trust member of the BTC test your hardware is worth so much more than the money it takes to arrange that. They can film it all and your setup, they never have to see inside your box, but need to do the tests.

Documents can be faked, first hand witness accounts from some trusted is worth alot.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 01:54:43 PM

@Metroichka That's noticeable however you didn't have to explain them this mistake Grin
CaptainBeck

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:03:05 PM

I wonder what the other languages are thinking about this thread. They made posts in the different language rooms. I wonder what scam is in all those languages.

estafa?
احتيال?
fidus?
жyльничecтвo?
truffa?
詐欺?
Betrug?
arnaque?
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:44:11 PM

@Metroichka That's noticeable however you didn't have to explain them this mistake Grin

With all respect, I always movitate why I say things Wink
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:20:35 PM

(5s): 5.574T (avg):5.563Th/s | A: 53331  R: 3986  HW: 31064 WU: 7292.7/m

The cgminer screen is spoofed. The numbers are inconsistent.
WU fits to about 520 GH/s (maybe he use a KnC Jupiter). HW is too high.
Eligius user name is false. Funny thing: the font is proportional.
bitminerdave

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:55:32 PM

I would love to start mining with this machine.
CaptainBeck

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:58:31 PM

I would love to start mining with this machine.

Lol, good joke!
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:37:32 PM

Good day,
I think it's a real shame that our hard work is not appreciated.
However, I can understand your subject, so I would send a user here some documents to us and our company, so trust her a little set in our product can.

A trust User can PM me for dokuments

I would like at this point to thank for the first pre-orders.

no way in hell i feel sorry for those first preorder ppl "IF" there really is preorder ppl...Your hard work will be appreciated when you start shipping units...

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
AltCoinMiner

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:49:21 PM

Scam Alert Scam Alert Hide your coins
Sm0k3d0uT

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:10:01 PM

Send me a demo unit
wjmilne

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:09:55 PM

I don't think this is impossible to make--even with current technology.

The BFL jalapeno I bought has 2x65nm ASIC chips. Each chip produces about 3.5 gh. But if you just keep the same die design and shrink it to ~28 nm you can get nine times as many SHA256 engines in about 66% more space.  a 5.5Th unit would need about 185 of these chips.

Yes, you can "fake" the proof they have presented.

But I think there is a fine line between vapor-ware and a scam. In real life people announce products, and if there is enough interest (and faith that the presenters can produce) the products get made, if there isn't some people might get hurt.

But the environment has changed, people are raising millions from VCs and Angel investors all over the place for crypto-currency ventures.

Probably best to prepare for a lot of announcements and a lot of puffery in the announcements.
Sack-Asic (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:03:27 PM

Hello,

First we want to thank for the first 100 pre-orders.

We know that many of you do not yet trust, however, we will do our utmost to change that.

We work to finished prototypes at an early stage to be able to deliver to the first pre-order hard. We want to and will maintain our position in the market and our products repellants.
We work on our website and these are also improving.
We will add Bitpay as a payment option.

We're looking forward to showing you what we do.

Sack Asic
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:48:23 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 03:59:34 PM by Wilhelm

WARNING!! IF IT SOUDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBABLY IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

Unsure if this is a scam but in my opinion they could be.

Points that come to mind
- I don't believe that a non-scammer ASIC provider would post in the newbies section. They are looking for the weak people who want in on a new fast bitcoin train.
- There is no information on their development except for the self-invented part. No info on 28nm or 90nm ASIC technology is mentioned. Only talk about trivial stuff like heatpipes.
- There is no address or information on their location.
- Their webhosting is on Iceland of all places.
- They claim to be a company yet no information on the company or even the country it is located in can be found.
- They have a contact form and no contact email to probably remain untraceable.
- All payments in bitcoin so you can never get your money back.
- They have a small staff for an ASIC building company. If you looked at BFL they have been working with asian chip companies.
- How are they going to build 750 units in 2 months if they only have 4 people working for the company?
- None of their technical staff is on Linked-In which is strange.
- Only one person in their staff has a slim chance to have the ability to develop their "self-invented" ASIC.
- Producing an ASIC can cost in the millions. Where are they getting those millions from?
- They have a fixed deadline on which they will deliver.
- Anyone can fake a cgminer output since the source code is available.
- The output has shitloads of HW errors so this thing WILL die if it existed.
- The mining pool in the video requires no registration, you use your bitcoin address as user. In the movie the user is sepp8437 (a german license plate) and not a BTC address.
- The video is non professional.
- The video is started only seconds after the device is started. My GPUs show really high values when started before they go down to their sustained values. I'd like to see this puppy after running for an hour or more.
- If you register with them I bet they will try out your password on the most exchanges to see if your a stupid moron.
- You can only ask them questions through tickets so you must register. No email again ... strange or maybe they don't want you finding them.

If it is not a scam then please update the information on your website.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:45:31 PM

Hello,

First we want to thank for the first 100 pre-orders.

We know that many of you do not yet trust, however, we will do our utmost to change that.

We work to finished prototypes at an early stage to be able to deliver to the first pre-order hard. We want to and will maintain our position in the market and our products repellants.
We work on our website and these are also improving.
We will add Bitpay as a payment option.

We're looking forward to showing you what we do.

Sack Asic

classic scam tactics...lie about other people buying preorders...gotta give him credit thou..he ain't stopping even thou nobody believes him

hey sack asic...if your going to try n scam...least put some more effort into it...not something you could whip up in a few hours

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: